*** Offical Rangers V St Mirren Match thread ***

RFCRobertson

22 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Halliday was absolutely fine when he had to play there at the end of last season. He'll be fine tomorrow and Thursday.

He's part of a group of players who failed in our first season back in the top flight and because of that get stick no matter how well they do for the club.

There's not a single one of our players who gained promotion from the Championship who have been spared from unfair criticism on here. 

He's a dreadful footballer who should never have been at Ibrox, Livingston/Motherwell etc is about his level.  His propensity to give the ball away plus his inability to tackle (without slapping the ground) and his positional sense are all shocking.   Yes, he did well in the Championship, that's his level. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

He’ll do ok. It’s not ideal of course but he’s not the total dud he’s made out for on here. Better players around him also to help him out especially as it’s not his natural position and our centre backs are much more switched on than recent seasons, will help him out. He’ll do us a shift. 

I hope if he plays that he repays the confidence you have in him, he's the same level as Hodson. 

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

I hope if he plays that he repays the confidence you have in him, he's the same level as Hodson. 

I hope so to pal. Like I say not the best option but I honestly believe he’d give his all for us every time asked like anyone of us would. Hopefully he won’t let us or himself down. Guy deserves that at least. 

If Jack isn't able to make it :

McGregor 

Tav         Goldson        Katić        Barišić 

McCrorie 

Coulibaly                       Arfield

Candeias                                      Middleton

Morelos

7 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

McGregor 

McCrorie 

Morelos

Naw

5 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

He's a dreadful footballer who should never have been at Ibrox, Livingston/Motherwell etc is about his level.  His propensity to give the ball away plus his inability to tackle (without slapping the ground) and his positional sense are all shocking.   Yes, he did well in the Championship, that's his level. 

Possibly but he was instrumental in getting us promoted. Some of our fans man! I've only ever noticed his poor positional sense in the defensive midfield position. Blame Warburton for shoe-horning him in there, not Andy.

My point about the players who got us promoted has been missed. We went in to that first season in the top fight back on such a high that when it all came crashing down everyone was to blame and there is not a single player who has survived this fans' mindset of unfairly labelling them pish. Not one. Even the man Gerrard has named our captain - who has had ridiculously unfair criticism on here.

Halliday is more than good enough to be back up in our squad.

14 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

McGregor 

McCrorie 

Morelos

Jack's confirmed as out mate. He's back at training though so that's a boost, hopefully fit for Thursday.

Halliday in at LB for the logic that he is the only one available for Thursday and he will need a bit of game time. Would be mad to go changing everything when it's working so well. Bring Barisic on at some point though of course. Would play Kent at LW for work rate and tracking back to help Halliday when needed.

Jack out so McCrorie or Ejaria. Would go with McCrorie to start and if we need a bit of creativity bring Ejaria on. Rest of the team picks itself currently.

22 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Possibly but he was instrumental in getting us promoted. Some of our fans man! I've only ever noticed his poor positional sense in the defensive midfield position. Blame Warburton for shoe-horning him in there, not Andy.

My point about the players who got us promoted has been missed. We went in to that first season in the top fight back on such a high that when it all came crashing down everyone was to blame and there is not a single player who has survived this fans' mindset of unfairly labelling them pish. Not one. Even the man Gerrard has named our captain - who has had ridiculously unfair criticism on here.

Halliday is more than good enough to be back up in our squad.

Gerrard seems to think so or he’d be gone. 

Speaks volumes to me to be honest 

1 minute ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Gerrard seems to think so or he’d be gone. 

Speaks volumes to me to be honest 

Absolutely mate. We have small squad so players need to be able to fill in in a variety of positions and that's what Andy gives us.

2 minutes ago, RFC16 said:

Haliday should be knowwhere near the team.get a grip

Flanagan is suspended for Thursday mate. Without changing formation which IMO would be mental then there's nobody else better equipped to stand in.

Andy won't let us down.

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

Absolutely mate. We have small squad so players need to be able to fill in in a variety of positions and that's what Andy gives us.

He seems to me to be in a long line of players that have the unfortunate title of being a bear. People expect that to mean your as good as messi or Ronaldo and if not get to fuck. He’s living his dream and will stand up if asked. He’s not our best option by a long shot but fuck me he doesn’t deserve what he’s given by some of our support 

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

Flanagan is suspended for Thursday mate. Without changing formation which IMO would be mental then there's nobody else better equipped to stand in.

Andy won't let us down.

Apologies didnt realise that mate.suppose if hes playin thurs got to play mora but who knows

5 minutes ago, RFC16 said:

Apologies didnt realise that mate.suppose if hes playin thurs got to play mora but who knows

I don't know who will play tomorrow and I know Gerrard has said he's concentrating on ST Mirren and NOT the Europa League but surely he has to give whoever is playing LB on Thursday game time tomorrow? For me it would be Halliday but if he has a different player in mind to replace the suspended Flanagan then surely that player has to play tomorrow. It will be interesting to see the team line up tomorrow. 

Hopefully a good convincing win to crank up the pressure on St Brendan.

Really looking forward to tomorrows game, as is my boy, Gerrard so far has made some difference to how we are feeling in the week leading up to games so long may it continue.

3-0 Rangers.

Archived