*** Offical Rangers V St Mirren Match thread ***

RFCRobertson

34 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I'm one of Tav's worst critic . I can not change that and probably won't  . So far this season he has done well

So has Flano . I just don't see why any bear would do this to be honest . Talk up one to the detriment of the other .Juvenile stuff

If Flannigan is shite . I think like myself and  most bears would say that

I honestly believe too many people getting precious over our Tav here .

FFS, I must have been tempting fate, as someone has just posted the now weekly Morelos appreciation thread.

On the plus side, we won't be seeing anymore of them fucking pass me the sick bag Windass appreciation threads.

I love this place.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

FFS, I must have been tempting fate, as someone has just posted the now weekly Morelos appreciation thread.

On the plus side, we won't be seeing anymore of them fucking pass me the sick bag Windass appreciation threads.

I love this place.

I think a Tav one is just around the corner mate :lol: A lot of people getting a bit upset 

Overall very happy with that performance and result. 

Before the red we looked like we could have put 4-5 past that lot. I really think it won't be long until a team is on the end of a pumping from us.

After the red very professional performance and never looked in danger. 

There is a lot more to come from this team and it's exciting to see it develop. 

23 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

One more cf is a no brainer though, not convinced by Sadiq

I fear he might just be awful, though possibly good as a sub and aiming the ball at his head when we need a goal.

Definitely another striker required urgently

4 minutes ago, Jimbo82 said:

7 games in, not looked in danger of losing one of them. We're big, we're nasty, we put teams under it and we're only going to get better going forward. Two massive fixtures coming up now, we come away from them with no damage and we'll be flying! 

We are looking in great shape . 10minute spell before the sending off was the best football I have seen from Gers since we tanked PSV years back . Quality passing and the confidence was there  It was like watching Liverpool earlier with all of the players doing their jobs very well . It really felt brilliant from what we were subjected to last year and maybe even years before

Sadly we were not counting on getting another red card 30minutes into the game

We are definitely contenders this year . No doubts

4 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

Meh,both average and wouldn’t be a loss

Easy to see that the playing staff SG has brought in are better. Those 2 lads will do ok on loan and may not be missed. 1 more CM, 1 more CF and 1 more CD and it's game on.

12 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

We are looking in great shape . 10minute spell before the sending off was the best football I have seen from Gers since we tanked PSV years back . Quality passing and the confidence was there  It was like watching Liverpool earlier with all of the players doing their jobs very well . It really felt brilliant from what we were subjected to last year and maybe even years before

Sadly we were not counting on getting another red card 30minutes into the game

We are definitely contenders this year . No doubts

I watched most of the Newcastle Tottingham game yesterday and thought we could take them.

2 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

I watched most of the Newcastle Tottingham game yesterday and thought we could take them.

As long as we can take what's put in front of us . I will be happy

The group stages and beating the scum . They are my 2 targets

We had a performance we haven't had for a long time, a routine home win against a team we should be beating. Even with 10 men we didn't look like losing and that is an incredible thing to say considering last season. Long may it continue

Good performance before the red, little bit slow but apart from that we looked dangerous.

After the red card it was a professional performance, for the first time in years we kept our discipline, didn't do anything silly to let the ref send another off (which he was fucking dying to do) & we seen the game out comfortably

Still a few positions we're short in, definetley need another striker & not 100% convinced about Ejaira, not as a starter anyway but we look like an actual team for the first time in years 

2 hours ago, shaka said:

We're improving every game and I love that we've now got the intelligence and resilience to not only play but win with 10 men.  Defensively we're now almost perfect but the attack just needs some fine tuning, then some team is going to get a proper thrashing!

If we had kept 11 men on the park I feel we would have pit 3 or 4 pas the sheep and 5 pats St Mirren

Great performance overall today. Weakest link was Murphy, who seems to get worse game by game - he gave the ball away for the situation that led to McCrorie's red card, and repeatedly failed to make the right pass or get past his man. 

The ref ruined another game for me. Not saying it wasn't a red, but his lack of bookings for some of the shocking shit St. Mirren were pulling was pissing me off endlessly today.

Chuffed big Goldson got his goal and was great to see Borna in action too!

27 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Someone help me out as been out since game finished. What happened to Katic in the box near the end?? 

10 minutes ago, IpswichGer said:

Looked like St Mirren player gave him a sly dig just under his ribs.

There was a kick to his leg off the ball. "Not seen by officials".

Saw it clearly from GF.

Wasnt sure why he was holding his ribs.

5 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Anyone see what happened near the end when katic went down looked like he was punched in the stomach?

Mullen went in on him late and think he dug him with an elbow as well as a sly kick. The ref was in the wrong place to see it. McGinn was lucky to stay on the pitch as well.

It seems as though there are different rules for contact if you wear a Rangers shirt.

3 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Mullen went in on him late and think he dug him with an elbow as well as a sly kick. The ref was in the wrong place to see it. McGinn was lucky to stay on the pitch as well.

It seems as though there are different rules for contact if you wear a Rangers shirt.

Don't suppose the compliant officer will have anything to say about it 

You guys were boss today, its amazing how quick stevie has managed to mold your team into his image, you play like he did, working tirelessly, closing down, tackling hard, leaders on the pitch, taking no shit, ive really enjoyed watching every game so far, its clear to see you get better with every passing game, stevie definatly has an eye for talent, the players hes bought in have really made a huge difference to you, 

And im glad you sold windass, i found him annoying, very greedy, not playing for the team, you.ll be better off 

Archived