*** Offical Rangers V St Mirren Match thread ***

RFCRobertson

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Resting players would be horrific, I'm enjoying the European run but it's still a bonus ultimately and we need to make a statement about our home form going forward

Fair enough.  

Pretty sure we will make the statement.  Especially after the nonsense with Aberdeen.  Just hope we have a ref and his minions whom are fair and without bias.  That's the worst battle at the moment.  

3 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Against St Mirren should be easy even if players are rested.  I would be quite surprised if we didn't to be honest.  SG isn't just working on the better players. They all want to be showing their worth. It's looking a lot more positive these recent games.    I guess we will see tomorrow.  

I really want more than anything for Morelos to keep his cool as well as others cause we know fine,  there will be some that will try to pull same stunts as Aberdeen mob.  

If we had players like Rossiter, Dorrans, Sadiq Wallace and extra CBs available/fully fit then we may have rotated but we don't so we won't. Might see McCrorie coming in but for who? Not Coulibaly and not Arfield and I don't think we'll play Coulibaly and McCrorie at St Mirren instead of Ejaria so the only changes to the Maribor team will be Barisic and Murphy maybe. 

Not a chance we should be resting players at this stage in the season. Strongest possible team, full respect to St Mirren and batter them. Exactly what we need at the moment. The momentum is with us after a great week of results - we absolutely must maintain it and get a result and put pressure on them on and off the park. I think it will be same team with Flanagan replaced by Barisic maybe off the bench? 

1 minute ago, DrLaudrup said:

Not a chance we should be resting players at this stage in the season. Strongest possible team, full respect to St Mirren and batter them. Exactly what we need at the moment. The momentum is with us after a great week of results - we absolutely must maintain it and get a result and put pressure on them on and off the park. I think it will be same team with Flanagan replaced by Barisic maybe off the bench? 

Think he'll start

We need to send a message out tomorrow.  Naw scraping 1-0 or 2-1 wins.  Go out and absolutely destroy them from first minute to last and run up a big score line.  If that doesn’t happen, I’ll be worried. 

We won’t be resting players. Gerrard said as much in his most recent press conference/interview when he said that we aren’t good enough yet to pick and choose what games matter most. Every game is a must win, especially at Ibrox.

If we press properly, we WILL smash them.

2 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

We won’t be resting players. Gerrard said as much in his most recent press conference/interview when he said that we aren’t good enough yet to pick and choose what games matter most. Every game is a must win, especially at Ibrox.

If we press properly, we WILL smash them.

Right enough,  he did say that.  

I still believe that we will do business regardless. 

Or am I underestimating St Mirren?  

It could really be a Carlsberg week for us if we can give Stubbs' team a doing. Hopefully SG has got us up for it as its easy to look ahead to Thursday but we need our first 3 points of the season on the board. I don't imagine he will change much but hopefully we will get to see some time for Barisic but I think Flanagan will play as he is suspended for Thursday. 3-0 Morelos, Katic and Arfield.

Archived