Rangers_no1

What is still required?

We've started the season very impressively, last night was very encouraging although at times the defence got cut open, however we will only come up against this standard 4 times next season in the league. Should be sitting with 3 point in the league!

So what transfer business do you think we still need to achieve in the final 3 weeks of the window?

Spoiler

Ins

CBs - We currently have two CBs on the books, with McCrorie as an emergency. In my view we still need two more, not keen on the idea of only having 3 CBS over the season. 

Striker - Clearly require a third striker, hopefully not Lafferty(Please ban bigsassyballs from this thread)

Creative midfielder - Crying out for one in my view, Dorrans is not the answer.

Full back - IF Wallace leaves, I still think we need another full back. Ideally have Flanagan as RB cover and another left back cover. Injuries could be key!

A CB, Striker and creative midfielder minimum still if we want to challenge on all fronts.

Outs

Hodson, Halliday, one of the goalkeepers and possibly some of the young guys in Burt, Beerman, Barjonas etc if not already out on loan? Ideally one of Rossiter and Dorrans but never going to happen!

GKs - McGregor and Fod/Alnwick

RBs - Tav and Flanagan

LBs - Barisic and Wallace/NEW

CBs - Goldson, Katic, New x 2 

Midfield - Jack, Coulibaly, Arfield, McCrorie, Ejaria, Dorrans, Rossiter and NEW

Wide players - Murphy, Candeias, Kent and Middleton

Strikers - Morelos, Sadiq and NEW

That would leave us a squad of 25, which would be ideal, cut down to 24 if we could get rid of Dorrans or Rossiter.

• Like 3

Think you've pretty much covered it for me with what we need in 👍

Think Halliday will stay mind you and we'll punt one of them keepers out on loan probably. Hodson we'll likely end up paying off soon.

• Like 1

Ditch Halliday, Hodson and Foderingham and bring in a CB and a striker come wide forward and I'm happy enough for now.

• Like 1

A wide creative player that can also score goals ( Harry Wilson would’ve been ideal) and a striker.

• Like 2

I'd have another winger before an attacking midfielder personally. Need goals from wide.

• Like 1

An injury to Katic or Goldson would fuck us and we're still lacking quality in the final third.

As a minimum we need a centre half and a forward. Ideally the forward would have Windass' attributes but be better and more consistent. Please not fucking Lafferty.

I'd ideally like a number 10 but can't see it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GetToTheChoppa said:

2 more strikers. A first choice and a Lafferty.

Alfredo is first choice 

Realistically we still need  -

Left sided forward

Backup striker with more experience and a different profile to Morelos/Sadiq

Backup centre back

• Like 1

We need someone who can unlock a team.

• Like 2

centre half

creative midfielder

winger

striker

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

There’s no chance we’re bringing in another 5 players 

Think we will defo bring in at least another 3. It's well reported we want a CB and Striker, with Windass going I think that defo makes another position to be filled.

If we get some bodies out, will make sense to try and have decent back up.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Think we will defo bring in at least another 3. It's well reported we want a CB and Striker, with Windass going I think that defo makes another position to be filled.

If we get some bodies out, will make sense to try and have decent back up.

I agree it makes sense but I just can’t see it,I’d be happy with 3 think we’re stuck with Halliday unfortunately 

14 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

I'd have another winger before an attacking midfielder personally. Need goals from wide.

Probably correct actually, a creative wide player might be more beneficial if we go with Jack, Arfield and Coulibaly in the middle.

Don't think we will see much more activity tbh.

Definitely need another CB and a quality striker. Would like a creative midfielder too but don't think we'll get one.

Definitely 100% need a striker though.

A defender, striker and an attacking midfielder who can play on the right would be the minimum i would say. 

Ideally, a centre-half who can be trusted to slot in as and when needed, an experienced striker who doesn't need an arm around his shoulder, and a winger/wide player who can score goals. A playmaker would be nice too but maybe a long-term thing. The way Gerrard has us playing doesn't require one.

A striker and an attacking mid of good quality and we're putting in a challenge 

We need a striker, a centre back and a playmaker.

• Like 2

A striker and a quality number 10 is most we can hope for.

Centre Back, striker and winger.

Jake Cooper, Solanke and Oliver Burke would take us to that next level and help us fight on two fronts of the league and Europe IMO.