Rangers_no1

What is still required?

I think you would struggle to find a centre half who is going to be a significant improvement on McCrorie or Flanagan who would be happy to come to the club and pay fourth choice all season and probably only play a handful of games tbh.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think you would struggle to find a centre half who is going to be a significant improvement on McCrorie or Flanagan who would be happy to come to the club and pay fourth choice all season and probably only play a handful of games tbh.

How good are our two cbs? They're absolutely different class 

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

We defo beed at least another.

Fuck yer rosary beeds... :lol:

7 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

How good are our two cbs? They're absolutely different class 

Absolutely superb mate. The fact we got them for 4.5 million is mental. Incredible business.

Two forwards without a doubt . 

Weve got cover for McGregor , and though not ideal , we can jig the players about to cover any emergencies at the back or midfield , but I shudder to think what would happen if Morelos is out for any significant time because there really is no significant alternatives up top . 

On 15/08/2018 at 15:11, tm91 said:

In fairness, he specified players, not demi-gods.

Demigod.  Noun. Partial or inferior God. 

I think we can agree Brian was the full Bhuna god with frills on. 🇬🇧😉

• Like 1

Anyone think Lafferty could be good cover all round up front, attacking mid, wide left or even centre back like big DJ back in the day.  

I don't think we have time or money for 2 strikers an attacking creative mid and a CB which is what we need. 

27 minutes ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

Demigod.  Noun. Partial or inferior God. 

I think we can agree Brian was the full Bhuna god with frills on. 🇬🇧😉

😉 To be honest, I fear even the term 'God' is insufficient. 

1 hour ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

Anyone think Lafferty could be good cover all round up front, attacking mid, wide left or even centre back like big DJ back in the day.  

I don't think we have time or money for 2 strikers an attacking creative mid and a CB which is what we need. 

😳

That’s got to be a contender for worst post of the year ffs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

118114BF-C17F-4EEE-91BA-E9CD73599004.gif

Never mind Brian Laudrup how has Lafferty turned into some sort of demi god on here?

He’s a bang average player, other than at Hearts he’s been a failure everywhere he’s been since leaving us, and even with us he wasn’t exactly a success.

When will people learn that scoring a few goals for a Scottish diddy team doesn’t mean they can do it for us, especially taking into consideration how his career has panned out.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Actually think there would be numerous players out there similar to Katic who would love to come to a bigger club and get more money even as 3rd or 4th choice.

That being said if we had Wilson and Bates we would be fine for cover.

2 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Never mind Brian Laudrup how has Lafferty turned into some sort of demi god on here?

He’s a bang average player, other than at Hearts he’s been a failure everywhere he’s been since leaving us, and even with us he wasn’t exactly a success.

When will people learn that scoring a few goals for a Scottish diddy team doesn’t mean they can do it for us, especially taking into consideration how his career has panned out.

I’m not his biggest fan but he will do a job as a squad player for a couple years for us no doubt about that 

Anyone else slightly cocnerned at lack of news about potential transfers bar Lafferty?

Worried that Lafferty and McAuley are our last two signings, don't rate either and still believe we need another CB, winger/attacking midfielder.

58 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Anyone else slightly cocnerned at lack of news about potential transfers bar Lafferty?

Worried that Lafferty and McAuley are our last two signings, don't rate either and still believe we need another CB, winger/attacking midfielder.

If we don't sign another attacking midfielder/winger then I'll be disappointed. It's the only missing piece of the puzzle in terms of quality. If we got that I think we're ready to win the league. As it stands, I worry about goals.

We really need a number 10 before the window closes.  There's going to be times when we're needing a goal or want to set up more offensively against the poorer domestic sides.  

We need a striker a midfielder and a centre back.  I’d sign the lad from Ayr in addition if the price is right as an investment/back up.

I really hope we’ve got another 3 signings left. a CB as backup, a striker (if not 2 as sadiq looks murder) and an attaching central midfielder (even more important now that Jamie Murphy is potentially out for a while) 

really pleased with most of our business under Gerrard, but frustrating as I really believe with another 3 we could challenge for the title this year.

A centre back for cover - ideally an experienced one; not a loanee with no first team experience - a striker and an attacking midfielder or winger.