Alfredo

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When he's confident as he is now, he's as good as anyone else in the league. 

The worry is keeping him confident.

Haven't seen enough of Sadiq to convince me he's got what it takes.

Will Lafferty come and play second fiddle to Morelos, different to when he was here before playing behind the likes of Boyd, Miller and Jelavic?

Gerrard needs to work something out there. Full confidence he will however. 

Thought the wee man was excellent again today. My motm behind the impressive Coulibaly.

However, I agree we need more cover in the striking department - incase the wee man gets injured or has a dip in form.

Having said that , I do like the look of the unpredictable Sadiq.We have yet to see the best of him...... but he has skill in abundance.

21 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

When he's confident as he is now, he's as good as anyone else in the league. 

The worry is keeping him confident.

Haven't seen enough of Sadiq to convince me he's got what it takes.

Will Lafferty come and play second fiddle to Morelos, different to when he was here before playing behind the likes of Boyd, Miller and Jelavic?

Gerrard needs to work something out there. Full confidence he will however. 

He'll have to because the rat bastard isn't anywhere near as good as him

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He'll have to because the rat bastard isn't anywhere near as good as him

100% agree right now. 

Go back to tail end of last season it was hard to differentiate between in terms of form...

Morelos is unarguably a better player however. 

1 hour ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

He has had 2 decent games in a row - not getting carried away here, but keep banging in the goals and we may have a genuine 10m plus striker I for the January transfer window.

WTF do European games not count, he was excellent against Skupi 2nd game as well as against Maribor, his work-rate has been immense as has some of his hold-up play he is much improved from last season I expect that to continue.   

Luis Suarez gave Gerrard huge credit for his support on and off the field and they were/are good mates by all accounts. I think Morelos is similar to Suarez in terms of temperament, being the 'bad guy' and winding up opponents, he just needs to learn how to harness that properly.

Hopefully Gerrard can exert the same kind of influence on Alfredo as he did with Suarez and help him maximise his undoubted potential. 

4 hours ago, BlueAvenger said:

He is Playing much better under Gerrard.   We need another forward desperately because if Morelos gets injured or suspended we might struggle. Not convinced by Sadiq 

Let El Giraffe have some game time and he can join El Buffalo up top!

4 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

It didn't matter he and others missed good chances, but on another day, those missed chances could equal defeat.

Missing chances doesn't cause defeat, goals at the other end do.

Hes a nightmare for defenders, relentless, he seems to be a player who plays best under a manager who appreciates him and i think stevie does, i no its bonkers to say it but stevie may see a tiny bit of luis suarez in him, obv not close to the genious but the workrate and menace that he is, i like him so far

Comments about if this player or that player keeps up performances then we could get this or that million for him in January actually piss me off.  Why the fuck do we want to start selling players who are doing the business half way through a season. 

Can't fault his work rate and the trouble he causes defences but he misses too many chances.  You can't just look at goals scores coz a Rangers striker will always score plenty of goals due to the number of chances created. Unfashionable opinion,  but I think he is currently our weakest link - too many chances missed.

2 minutes ago, jamess said:

Can't fault his work rate and the trouble he causes defences but he misses too many chances.  You can't just look at goals scores coz a Rangers striker will always score plenty of goals due to the number of chances created. Unfashionable opinion,  but I think he is currently our weakest link - too many chances missed.

Bampot

1 hour ago, jamess said:

Think you are a bit off saying he is the weakest link , but I do agree a better finisher would be more for my liking.

3 hours ago, the brown brogue said:

Luis Suarez gave Gerrard huge credit for his support on and off the field and they were/are good mates by all accounts. I think Morelos is similar to Suarez in terms of temperament, being the 'bad guy' and winding up opponents, he just needs to learn how to harness that properly.

Hopefully Gerrard can exert the same kind of influence on Alfredo as he did with Suarez and help him maximise his undoubted potential. 

What influence did Gerrard have on Suarez ? 

Archived