Alfredo

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

The only player we've got that seems to know what he's doing and only threat in the team - god help us without him 

I wholeheartedly agree but he can’t be recognised as such come the awards season in case SFA board members refuse to attend the ceremony 

8 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Something which is totally underrated is how good his finishing is from a tight angle. 

More likely to score when he's pushed out wide, than when he's in the middle of the goal. 

I've said before on here how I hated our main striker being pushed out right....e.g. Waghorn.

Yet Morelos can take on a man or two out there easily, and score from the angle you say, so I want to see it more now.

11 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

I've said before on here how I hated our main striker being pushed out right....e.g. Waghorn.

Yet Morelos can take on a man or two out there easily, and score from the angle you say, so I want to see it more now.

how much is Morelos worth if Waghorn went for 6 million. lol let that sink in. 

25 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

He's absolutely fantastic when he stands a man up out wide.

How many times have we seen him nutmeg a player and run into the box. 

This isn't me saying he should play RW/LW, just appreciating his play. 

If, and this is a big if, Morelos keeps this form up Allen is going to find it tough to fend off the bids from down south. That's my biggest worry as the chances of trying to replace him with similar or better is very slim. Our best player and the best player in this league. Unplayable when he's in the mood and right now he is in one stinker of a mood!

13 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

If, and this is a big if, Morelos keeps this form up Allen is going to find it tough to fend off the bids from down south. That's my biggest worry as the chances of trying to replace him with similar or better is very slim. Our best player and the best player in this league. Unplayable when he's in the mood and right now he is in one stinker of a mood!

You don’t think he’ll keep this form up, why? What gives you that impression 

12 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

You don’t think he’ll keep this form up, why? What gives you that impression 

Simply the midfield. A striker is only as good as his service, and ours is drying up fast. The only through ball of the game he scored from. We know what Morelos gets like when he starts to get frustrated with his lack of service and hopefully it starts to pick up again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/11/2018 at 15:56, ben51 said:

Something which is totally underrated is how good his finishing is from a tight angle. 

More likely to score when he's pushed out wide, than when he's in the middle of the goal. 

So true I was thinking how similar a lot of his strikes are. Funny how you remember players with certain similar moves or finishes. 

For Mols it was the turn, McCoist always drew the keeper and rolled it past him from just inside the box...Morelos has scored a few now battered a power from the angle. It is definitely his thing. 

Could you see Morelos ever playing in more of a number 10 role with Lafferty up top? I know international break always brings out the craziest opinions, and this may be one. 

It may allow him a bit more space. We have struggled to get him the ball against good defensive teams, and I think he is the type of player who’s strength and service could help us unlock defenses in the final third. 

4 minutes ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

Could you see Morelos ever playing in more of a number 10 role with Lafferty up top? I know international break always brings out the craziest opinions, and this may be one. 

It may allow him a bit more space. We have struggled to get him the ball against good defensive teams, and I think he is the type of player who’s strength and service could help us unlock defenses in the final third. 

No. 

We should punt Lafferty in January, absolute dugshite player. 

12 minutes ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

Cant see it tbh  -  a central creative player and another striker should be our priority come January.

Archived