Alfredo

BridgeIsBlue

5 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

TBH only time I've seen hm was for Scotland and wasn't impressed  - he not out on loan most of the past few seasons?? 

Last season seems to have been a breakthrough one. Really good goal/assist return.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

SWANSEA have slapped a £20million price tag on Scotland striker Oliver McBurnie.

20M for that numpty --- yet people happy to sell Alfredo for 10M   

Really hope he stays one more season but should be sell has to be a minimum of 20M 

Nobody would be happy to sell Morelos for 10 million at this point though.

Is anybody else tired of every player who gets sold for a big fee being brought up and used as a way to  say well if they are going for this amount then Morelos should be worth that amount.

Football really doesn’t work like that and a lot of the people who use that argument are smart enough to know that so I’m not sure why they keep saying it.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Is anybody else tired of every player who gets sold for a big fee being brought up and used as a way to  say well if they are going for this amount then Morelos should be worth that amount.

Football really doesn’t work like that and a lot of the people who use that argument are smart enough to know that so I’m not sure why they keep saying it.

Especially when it’s players in the championship and the prem. 

I think it's the frustration of the situation. McGinn has gone from 2.5m to 40m in one season. Maddison similar.  Tierney could have 10 solid games at Arsenal and they'd double his price.  Van dyke was doing what he always has at Southampton and moved for £75m. The market has gone mental but we have a ceiling price in this league. We saw what happened with Waghorn who was a decent player but never worth £5-7m. We got 500k for him.  Look at that bang average Newcastle midfielder with 9 league matches behind him and a bad knee. He was just one of the crowd on loan at Killie. Nothing special. £50 fucking million for Longstaff. 

15 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

It's like saying Kamara is worth £50k.

24 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

I think it's the frustration of the situation. McGinn has gone from 2.5m to 40m in one season. Maddison similar.  Tierney could have 10 solid games at Arsenal and they'd double his price.  Van dyke was doing what he always has at Southampton and moved for £75m. The market has gone mental but we have a ceiling price in this league. We saw what happened with Waghorn who was a decent player but never worth £5-7m. We got 500k for him.  Look at that bang average Newcastle midfielder with 9 league matches behind him and a bad knee. He was just one of the crowd on loan at Killie. Nothing special. £50 fucking million for Longstaff. 

50 million quoted for Longstaff and Juventus are signing de Ligt for 67.5M.  Market is fucking mental

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

absolutely it works that way and that will be the basis to agents arguments. They will use comparisons to maximize their clients no matter what the league. i.e - if McBurnie is worth 20M then Morelos is at least that. If Tierney is worth x amount then Tav is just below him because of age difference. That is how valuations work. They compare.

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

absolutely it works that way and that will be the basis to agents arguments. They will use comparisons to maximize their clients no matter what the league. i.e - if McBurnie is worth 20M then Morelos is at least that. If Tierney is worth x amount then Tav is just below him because of age difference. That is how valuations work. They compare.

Football works on a pyramid scale. Whether we like it or not Morelos is playing in a league that is considered as being less competitive and lower in quality than the one that McBurnie is playing in and that’s going to have an affect on his market value and what people will be willing to pay for him. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous and it’s just people ignoring the basic principal of how transfers work and have worked for the majority of time that the majority of them have been alive.

Football works on a pyramid scale. Whether we like it or not Morelos is playing in a league that is considered as being less competitive and lower in quality than the one that McBurnie is playing in and that’s going to have an affect on his market value and what people will be willing to pay for him. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous and it’s just people ignoring the basic principal of how transfers work and have worked for the majority of time that the majority of them have been alive.

You lose your argument when Tierney goes for 25m+

My point is proven correct when we sell Morelos for 15-18 million and not the 20-30 like some people think it will or should be.

anyone who suggests he is worth 30m is wrong. The market suggests 15-18m in my opinion ( just a little under Dembele ) But if Tierney goes for 30m then we have every right to ask for 20m for Tav. The market is based on comparisons.

Just now, bluenoz said:

anyone who suggests he is worth 30m is wrong. The market suggests 15-18m in my opinion ( just a little under Dembele ) But if Tierney goes for 30m then we have every right to ask for 20m for Tav. The market is based on comparisons.

I think we need to win things before  we get similar money for our players to what celtic do. Players in successful teams always go for more and even though we are improving we aren’t a successful team yet.

I think we need to win things before  we get similar money for our players to what celtic do. Players in successful teams always go for more and even though we are improving we aren’t a successful team yet.

They were only successful due to our demise but I agree, this is the year we need to win.

54 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He is worth more than Dembele IMO.  A much better option up front.

3 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

de Light away for 67.5 million but Leicester apparently wanting 80 million for Harry Maguire. Fucking lunacy

It's the 25 man squad shit that's making all the English players go for premium prices. How many of the 25must be homegrown? Take that rule away and things would calm down imo

12 hours ago, gogzy said:

He is worth more than Dembele IMO.  A much better option up front.

I agree he's a better player but Dembele scored in Old Firm games, Champion's League and Europa League games.  And even though Alfie's better, it's understandable that scoring in big games makes a difference for both the selling and buying club.   If Alfie stays, he seriously needs to curb his indiscipline and start scoring in key games.  If he does that, he'll be away for £20m+ in January or next summer.

16 hours ago, DBBTB said:

If I can buy a shirt at Matalan for £18 then how much would M&S shirts be worth?

3 hours ago, BearInTheToon said:

I agree he's a better player but Dembele scored in Old Firm games, Champion's League and Europa League games.  And even though Alfie's better, it's understandable that scoring in big games makes a difference for both the selling and buying club.   If Alfie stays, he seriously needs to curb his indiscipline and start scoring in key games.  If he does that, he'll be away for £20m+ in January or next summer.

We weren’t exactly hard to score against when he played against us. 

Archived