Alfredo

BridgeIsBlue

16 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

People wanting us to part with a proven goal scorer before we’ve kicked a ball Domestically. Holy fuck.

It's crazy, it really is!

It's not just that he's a proven goalscorer, he is an improving goalscorer. In 18/19 he scored more goals and more regularly than he did in his first season. I get people's point against celtic but it's not as if he hasn't contributed against them. The 1-0 in December he was fantastic, of course it's easy to forget that considering what happened at parkhead a few months after.

He doesn't have a complex in big games either. He has scored against every side in the top 6 last season apart from celtic and he has scored goals in Europe and against decent sides like Rapid and Maribor.

It's not just the goals but it's what he contributes to the side overall. He works his socks off and it pays off because he helps team mates score goals. His assist numbers are good as well and like his goals have only improved from his first season and in less games (in the league).

If he sorts his head out he, and Defoe, WILL fire us to 55.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Meh. The league wasn't lost by not being able to beat celtic. It was lost by not being able to beat the other 10 regularly enough, Given the number of goals he got against them we'd have been battling for 3rd/4th without him. 

Losing Morelos will be utterly detrimental to our title challenge 

Scored against Maribor, Vienna, Spartak in group stages and qualifiers for the Europa league. Imo that's a bigger stage than any game in this league. 

Wont mean as much to people but it is the premier level we play at 

I'm well n truly out my huff with him and think he could win us the league, and if he improves anywhere near as much as he did in the off season last year he will be frightening. 

Just turned 23 too, he's at the age where he will be developing nicely. Front 3 of him Kent and ojo please. 

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

I'm well n truly out my huff with him and think he could win us the league, and if he improves anywhere near as much as he did in the off season last year he will be frightening. 

Just turned 23 too, he's at the age where he will be developing nicely. Front 3 of him Kent and ojo please. 

With Defoe and Lafferty backing him up 👍

1 minute ago, backup said:

Alf has missed more sitters against celtic than van vossen did, strange how some think not scoring in arguably the most famous club game in world football is irrelevant...when it suits.

One game doesn't win you a league title ya fucking footpad. 

I'll even be generous and give you four games. 

1 minute ago, backup said:

Alf has missed more sitters against celtic than van vossen did, strange how some think not scoring in arguably the most famous club game in world football is irrelevant...when it suits.

Give it a rest mate 

Just now, backup said:

Why is it so important to score against celtic? 

You have 11 different teams in the league, two cup competitions and Europe. If he scored consistently across all I couldn’t give a fuck who he scores against.

2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

This reads like backup wants morelos to fail, which is pretty weird.

Success to backup is always getting one over on celtic 

He didn't mind losing the Scottish cup final to Hibs because we had already beaten celtic 

The goals against them will come and the fact he hasn’t scored against them yet is the sort of stick that you usually only see taigs beating him with.

Morelos has played in games and scored against teams who are of a comparable or higher standard to celtic in Europe so it’s not like he’s looking like it’s lack of ability or an inability to handle playing against higher quality that has stopped him scoring.

21 minutes ago, backup said:

He still hasn't scored against celtic ?, I will leave you to it, you obviously see our main striker scoring against celtic as being somewhat down the list of priorities.

couldn't care less if he scored against celtic or not. if jack, arfield, Kent want to do it and win us games and Morelos scores 30+ against everybody else then I genuinely could not give 2 fucks.

2 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Why is it so important? 

They are just another team, nothing special. You’re making them out to be something great.

I can't quite believe I read that, you really need to hone up on The Rangers history and celtic's involvement in it.

3 minutes ago, backup said:

I can't quite believe I read that, you really need to hone up on The Rangers history and celtic's involvement in it.

Say he scored 2 goals in each old firm game last season but failed to score against any other team in the league, does his value go up or down? 

On 03/05/2019 at 09:32, DBBTB said:

It’s mental how quickly everybody has turned on Morelos. He’s still far and away our best player and our biggest financial asset too.

22 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The goals against them will come and the fact he hasn’t scored against them yet is the sort of stick that you usually only see taigs beating him with.

Morelos has played in games and scored against teams who are of a comparable or higher standard to celtic in Europe so it’s not like he’s looking like it’s lack of ability or an inability to handle playing against higher quality that has stopped him scoring.

Where is anyone beating morelos with anything, aren't forums supposed to be about opinions, not perceived doctrine ?

Would everybody be taigs?

9 minutes ago, backup said:

Does scoring against celtic count double or have greater significance? 

If we beat them with an OG I’m delighted, it’s the score line that matters not the scorers.

Archived