Sign in to follow this  
BridgeIsBlue

Alfredo

3 minutes ago, backup said:

I can't quite believe I read that, you really need to hone up on The Rangers history and celtic's involvement in it.

Say he scored 2 goals in each old firm game last season but failed to score against any other team in the league, does his value go up or down? 

On 03/05/2019 at 09:32, DBBTB said:

It’s mental how quickly everybody has turned on Morelos. He’s still far and away our best player and our biggest financial asset too.

22 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The goals against them will come and the fact he hasn’t scored against them yet is the sort of stick that you usually only see taigs beating him with.

Morelos has played in games and scored against teams who are of a comparable or higher standard to celtic in Europe so it’s not like he’s looking like it’s lack of ability or an inability to handle playing against higher quality that has stopped him scoring.

Where is anyone beating morelos with anything, aren't forums supposed to be about opinions, not perceived doctrine ?

Would everybody be taigs?

9 minutes ago, backup said:

I can't quite believe I read that, you really need to hone up on The Rangers history and celtic's involvement in it.

Does scoring against celtic count double or have greater significance? 

If we beat them with an OG I’m delighted, it’s the score line that matters not the scorers.

If he stops reacting to everything and lashing out so often, he'll be unreal this season. There's absolutely no reason he can't smash his 30 goals from last season. 

I love him and hope we get another season out him (at least) because he's an integral player to us winning the league.

Colin Traive likes this

40 minutes ago, backup said:

Where is anyone beating morelos with anything, aren't forums supposed to be about opinions, not perceived doctrine ?

Would everybody be taigs?

Forums are about opinions and it’s my opinion that you are using the fact the Morelos hasn’t scored against them as some sort of negative mark against him even though his overall goal return for us is fantastic.

I’m also struggling to see what the relevance of you quoting posts in this thread from three months ago is but everybody is obviously me referring to the people among our own support who were coming out with emotionally driven over-reactionary statements like “he shouldn’t play for us again” and “we should take whatever we get offered for him” because they were still angry after his sending off in the game against them even though he was and still is our biggest financial asset and the best equipped player we have who is capable of scoring the quantity of goals we need a centre forward to score over a season for us to be capable of challenging for a championship.

2 hours ago, Smile said:

No ones stalking you I just thought it was odd you would use the taig term demise for our situation, I'm educating you.

We were the victim of a crime initiated by Craig whyte.

The day you educate me about Rangers is the day I have lost my mind. 

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

So are you saying Waghorn wasn't good for us?

I actually rated Waghorn :lol:

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

Meh. The league wasn't lost by not being able to beat celtic. It was lost by not being able to beat the other 10 regularly enough, Given the number of goals he got against them we'd have been battling for 3rd/4th without him. 

Losing Morelos will be utterly detrimental to our title challenge 

Agreed mate. I just think to be considered a truly top class Ranger CF you have to have put them to the sword a few times as well as scoring 20 odd goals against the rest. 

Having said that he's only 22 and could, if he wanted, have another 10 years here and who is to say what he will or won't do if he does stay. I really fancied him to bag a couple at the shit hole tbh and when you see how the game panned out in the second half you can only wonder what might have happened if he'd stayed on the park.

32 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

as some sort of negative

So you don't think it is a negative, your prerogative, the rest is self explanatory.

1 minute ago, backup said:

So you don't think it is a negative, your prerogative, the rest is self explanatory.

I think it would be better if he did score against them but it’s not a necessity because the team beating celtic and getting three points is ultimately more important than one player scoring against them is.

Rfc52 and backup like this

2 hours ago, backup said:

What you really mean is you don’t understand  any valid points he made, you will be obviously able to fill us in on our last top class striker who never scored against celtic yet, you will won’t you ?

What valid points did he make??? 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

What valid points did he make??? 

he doesn't score against our main rival, seems a simple enough honest point to me.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

IIRC Windass was slated for exactly the same, only scored against the wee teams then done it at Ibrox, mysteriously the argument disappeared like a fart in the wind. 

No it never, it was still used against him, despite Motherwell being the only team he never scored against.

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

How many games in a league campaign do we play our main rival? 

When will you realise the significance of the biggest derby in world football, rhetorical. 

Tbh it’s not the fact that he’s never scored against them it’s the sitters that he’s missed against them, not that him scoring any would have meant anything in the grand scheme of things.

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

He left two of them in a heap and bullied the 5 defenders that played against him.at the end of December. I've never seen a performance like that from a Rangers striker since Daniel cousin final match for us.

He's a wee animal and teams hate playing against him.

He was superb mate, even in the 0-0 as well and bullied them in the 3-2 also, just canny seem to get a goal against them despite doing everything else.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Forums are about opinions and it’s my opinion that you are using the fact the Morelos hasn’t scored against them as some sort of negative mark against him even though his overall goal return for us is fantastic.

I’m also struggling to see what the relevance of you quoting posts in this thread from three months ago is but everybody is obviously me referring to the people among our own support who were coming out with emotionally driven over-reactionary statements like “he shouldn’t play for us again” and “we should take whatever we get offered for him” because they were still angry after his sending off in the game against them even though he was and still is our biggest financial asset and the best equipped player we have who is capable of scoring the quantity of goals we need a centre forward to score over a season for us to be capable of challenging for a championship.

I mentioned this on the podcast 👀. I couldnt carw if he doesn't score against then when hes still hitting 30 a season. Its the same with how folk try make a big deal of something because a player has played in PL or CL. Kirk Broadfoot played in the CL ffs. 

Morelos (or anyone else) scoring 30 goals a season gets more attention than whether hes scored against them or not. 

Fred H Crawford likes this

18 minutes ago, backup said:

he doesn't score against our main rival, seems a simple enough honest point to me.

So the rest of this goals don’t count then, it’s simply the fact he hasn’t scored against them. 

So if we had a striker that scored a couple of goals against them but did fuck all against the rest he would be ok.