*** Official NK Maribor vs Rangers Match Thread***

RFCRobertson

AECFF184-9EBA-4C46-ADA1-FB73A594FD00.thumb.jpeg.aa225768d2739088ad7e4c056f5a185d.jpeg

My preferred line-up if Jack and Coulibaly make it.

Lots of energy, work rate but still with the pace with Kent and Candeias to cause problems on the break.

I know people aren’t seeing much in starting Kent but his tracking back and his pace make him a very valuable asset in this type of game.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

AECFF184-9EBA-4C46-ADA1-FB73A594FD00.thumb.jpeg.aa225768d2739088ad7e4c056f5a185d.jpeg

My preferred line-up if Jack and Coulibaly make it.

Lots of energy, work rate but still with the pace with Kent and Candeias to cause problems on the break.

I know people aren’t seeing much in starting Kent but his tracking back and his pace make him a very valuable asset in this type of game.

I'd go with this team if Jack and Coulibaly make it.

If Jack and Coulibaly make it I am confident we can progress. It is strange to have so much confidence in a Rangers defence again although the only worry is whoever comes in at left back. If it is Halliday, and I suspect it will be, then having Jack and Coulibaly will give him that extra protection.

4-5-1

.................shagger.....................

tav......Goldson......Katic.............Halliday

................Coulibaly.....jack...............

Candeias.......arfield..............kent

...............Morelos...........................

Keep it tight as we can, Hopefully get away goal on the counter, Kent and Candeias working their socks off.  

It's going to be hard as fuck im thinking, head is saying 1-0 them or 1-1. 

But part of me is thinking there is absolutely no reason we cant go win 2-0, its strange to think but we aint a team of shite bags any more, we have a very strong mentality building, we can defend most importantly and we can actually play some football! 

5 hours ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

Glad to see you back doing what you do better than anyone else. Don't let the fuckers put you off.

:tu:

As for the match.......I'm usually an optimist but  I'm nervous tbh. We need Coulibaly to be fit for this one to have a decent chance of going through.

They are a very good side and we need to be at our best  to progress.

Having said all that - I predict a 1-1 draw which will see us reach the 2nd round.

Come on Rangers! Get intae this mob.

4 hours ago, bluenose_72 said:

If Jack and Coulibaly make it I am confident we can progress. It is strange to have so much confidence in a Rangers defence again although the only worry is whoever comes in at left back. If it is Halliday, and I suspect it will be, then having Jack and Coulibaly will give him that extra protection.

Agree with all of this mate. Good post.

Would take a 1-0 defeat right now.

It's all about getting through to the next round. If we do that then no one will worry about the score.

Getting an away goal would be great but as long as we don't concede more than 1 goal.

Just now, Amac9 said:

Would take a 1-0 defeat right now.

It's all about getting through to the next round. If we do that then no one will worry about the score.

Getting an away goal would be great but as long as we don't concede more than 1 goal.

So would I if the goal was scored in injury time. I really don't want us to go one behind in the first half. 

Hopefully jack is fit for this because we can’t afford to let these cunts cut us open like that first half there.   

Our aim should be to get a goal and kill it off there and then.  If we sit back and let them control the ball, the tempo and invite pressure on to us it’s just asking for trouble. 

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

Hopefully jack is fit for this because we can’t afford to let these cunts cut us open like that first half there.   

Our aim should be to get a goal and kill it off there and then.  If we sit back and let them control the ball, the tempo and invite pressure on to us it’s just asking for trouble. 

I can see us sitting off them for a bit in the first 20 mins, mate. 

I think our centre backs and midfield, assuming Coulibaly and Jack are fit, are strong enough to cope with it. 

Nervous as fuck for this though, not because I don't think we will do it, but just feels huge in terms of getting back to where we were. 

4 minutes ago, GT66 said:

I can see us sitting off them for a bit in the first 20 mins, mate. 

I think our centre backs and midfield, assuming Coulibaly and Jack are fit, are strong enough to cope with it. 

Nervous as fuck for this though, not because I don't think we will do it, but just feels huge in terms of getting back to where we were. 

All very well and good doing that, but if they get an early goal it just gets their backs up. 

Just now, GOAT said:

All very well and good doing that, but if they get an early goal it just gets their backs up. 

That's true, but their tails will be up from kick off imo. 

I'd definitely rather go at them from the first minute, but that could end up a bigger risk of conceding. 

Archived