*** Official NK Maribor vs Rangers Match Thread***

RFCRobertson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

You focus on Flanagan and Barisic being unavailable but for me the bigger concern is Jack and Coulibaly. Our defence has been solid so far and while we will see Halliday play at left back which is far from ideal I still think mcgregor, Goldson and Katic are more than capable of keeping a clean sheet there if the rest of the team is putting in a shift in front of them.

They are no mugs and we will need to be right up for it and I think we will be.

I have not been paying attention obviously. Are Coulibaly and Jack out? 

If so then aye. That’s even more of a concern 

Maribor are a good team but they really are not that much better than Aberdeen. 

Will it be a tough game? Absolutely... but they are far from this great team our nerves are giving. 

If we play to our strengths we will score. At least.  I believe if that happens we will qualify. That is my opinion anyway. 

Maribor are definitely good at passing the ball and they can fire dangerous crosses in in addition to not being afraid to shoot from distance.

Gotta control them by forcing ourselfs onto them rather than sitting back and getting peppered with shots. Go on the front foot and defend from the front, they’ll crumble under pressure.

Will be a hard game, but that 3rd goal last week was massive we can score over there and not sure they can score 3. Just target their number 4 he’s a donkey. Hopefully Jack and Coulibaly make it apparently Arfield getting rested on Sunday was planned. Going to be a nervous wreck all day Thursday. 

4 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Reported.

Haha im leaving this site anyways full of fucking closet taigs and handbags. Some good guys and gals do a lot for the Rangers community on here and post a lot of interesting comments etc, but you cant have an opinion without wee arseholes like yerself starting the childish name calling and looking for one upmanship. 

Bye prick.

1 minute ago, Boaby Bear said:

Haha im leaving this site anyways full of fucking closet taigs and handbags. Some good guys and gals do a lot for the Rangers community on here and post a lot of interesting comments etc, but you cant have an opinion without wee arseholes like yerself starting the childish name calling and looking for one upmanship. 

Bye prick.

Imagine getting upset because someone on the internet called you a numpty.

Maribor are no mugs especially at their place. 

Wouldn't be the biggest surprise to see them turn us over. I hope we aren't too critical if they do. 

However in saying that I have confidence in the two cbs and the goalkeeper to stand tall in Slovenia hopefully aided by the likes of Jack and Coulibally. 

We score the first goal and it kills it for me. Even if we don't score the first goal aslong as we don't concede inside the first 20/30 minutes I'd be generally confident of progressing. 

We need to go at them and hunt for that first goal in my opinion, it will shake them and there fans. I’m goinh 1-0 Rangers if we score first, if they score first I think it willl be 2-1 to them. I’m confident though.

3 hours ago, kanjo said:

Maribor are a good team but they really are not that much better than Aberdeen. 

Will it be a tough game? Absolutely... but they are far from this great team our nerves are giving. 

If we play to our strengths we will score. At least.  I believe if that happens we will qualify. That is my opinion anyway. 

Jesus wept. 

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Jesus wept. 

If you dont agree then it’s your choice. I am clearly not the only person here who thinks they are over hyped. 

I stand by my belief that they are of the same calibre as Aberdeen ?

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Screenshot_20180814-172527_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a63f6ba88059bfc0f9c6d0b3a351483e.jpgScreenshot_20180814-172600_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b57646090bd7c41dd1e50c464eb4ee0d.jpg

Same calibre right enough... 

You could use the honours list for any of Europe's leagues best team and come to the same conclusion ?????

We’ll pick this up again on Thursday nignt ?

Just now, kanjo said:

You could use the honours list for any of Europe's leagues best team and come to the same conclusion ?????

We’ll pick this up again on Thursday nignt ?

We play Maribor for 80 odd minutes with ten men and see what happens. 

Aberdeen are rank fucking rotten. 

Archived