Progres vs Ufa

scottyc06

2-1 Ufa after the first leg, 2nd leg this Thursday 6pm.

We really want Progres to win this.

The most obvious reason for this is the distance to Ufa. We're looking at a 5 hour flight on the Thursday night after the game to get back in to Glasgow on Friday AM then travelling to the piggery on Sunday lunchtime. Throwing in the impact of a 4 hour time difference as well to adjust to. Not ideal preparation by any stretch. 

Again that time difference will be cunt, Ufa's game with Progres was a 3pm kick off uk time. (won't affect the team but not ideal for viewing it here, possible lack of coverage as well if Premier don't see it as being profitable with such an early kick off).

Absolute nightmare for anyone wanting to attend, I know these are the types of games you live for but it's going to be very pricey with visa's & flight prices etc. 

And just because, we owe them one!!

You're like one of those passengers that thinks it's a good idea when you're getting a lift home from work at rush hour to make shitey small talk and say something like " fucking hell, traffics light tonight eh?"

Then boom, gridlock. 

i take it the russian mob are a good team?

I dont really know anything about either team but id rather play Progress as they will feel under pressure to beat us and we usually take advantage of that. Also we're a much better team than last time we played them and id like to see us redeem ourselves. Compared to the league i couldnt give a shit about how we do in Europe but beating Progess and proving ourselves in the Europa League will give us the confidence we need to tear into these fenian bastards and win this league. But im confident we can qualify no matter the opposition.

If they only lost 2 - 1 away from home, without seeing the game I guess it possibly shows maybe they weren't that bad and/or the Russian mob maybe aren't that great. One thing is for sure we're certainly a lot better. One more big performance on Thursday and I think we've a real chance of doing this. One step at a time though.

1 hour ago, five stars said:

Hopefully its Progres but we can't take getting through against Maribor for granted. It's likely to be a very difficult 2nd leg if they score first.

Totally agree. We need to keep it tight. The longer we go with a clean sheet the better our chances of grabbing an away goal. Lose an early goal and it could be a long night. 

9 minutes ago, FSM said:

Maribor are done, they have absolutely no chance against us on Thursday. They'd be best just forfeiting the game to save themselves some more humiliation at the hands of the world's most successful team.

Not sure if you are serious or if this is tongue in cheek. I watched their players at the final whistle last week and their body language suggested they knew the tie was gone not just having lost the first game.  However a week of recovery and putting it behind them mentally they will come out expecting to be able to win 2 0 it is up to us to dampen that enthusiasm but keeping the game tight. 

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Ufa are playing in the league today

Hopefully they get a few players injured and Progres put them out on Thursday

Gotta be a good thing, Progres game looks like it was postponed at the weekend so they will be well rested & also don’t have the travel that Ufa will have! Gotta hope that Progres take it, don’t fancy having to travel to the middle of Russia 3 days before an OF.

3 hours ago, Bruno's Manbun said:

You're like one of those passengers that thinks it's a good idea when you're getting a lift home from work at rush hour to make shitey small talk and say something like " fucking hell, traffics light tonight eh?"

Then boom, gridlock. 

Perhaps I buckled at this a tad more than I should have.