Retrospective action against this Brown Elbow?

2 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Actually thinking he has deliberately tried to get himself banned from the Rangers game as he is shitting it from Coulibaly.

Just Coulibaly?

I think he's shitting it from Goldson and Katic too, not to mention our startled young giraffe up front, Sadiq.

5 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Well done mate :thumbup: my only bit of constructive criticism would be to start with and additional 'hello'. :pipe:

Brown actually stops running and steadies himself before lashing out. The very definition of deliberate and premeditated.

As for them appealing, the man who would issue a ban is the same one to whom an appeal would be sent so there’s no reprieve. 

My main concern is that they announce the disciplinary committee next meeting is AFTER the OF game - would not put that past them.

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Brown actually stops running and steadies himself before lashing out. The very definition of deliberate and premeditated.

As for them appealing, the man who would issue a ban is the same one to whom an appeal would be sent so there’s no reprieve. 

My main concern is that they announce the disciplinary committee next meeting is AFTER the OF game - would not put that past them.

Seemed like that, he certainly meant it and knew what he was doing IMO.

I thought all disciplinary meetings were within a few days, but I could be wrong and it is 2 Sept before we play them.  

5 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

I'm pretty sure the appeals panel is independent. 

if CO finds he has a case to answer he will be offered a ban of a certain amount of games .probably 2 .they then decide to either take the ban or appeal .then they can add games or clear him .

dont know where they can have grounds for appeal unless they say elbowing out off the ball is now a yellow 

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

I was thinking what you have written above a wee while ago, it is great work that someone noticed this incident and started the ball rolling on twatter or whatever he used.

We need this season to start going on the attack against every hater who has tried to fuck us over the least few years, every fan needs to watch out for everything that the MSM media here try and sweep under that huge carpet that is bulging and highlight it to the SFA or whoever should be dealing with it.

I think as Rangers fans we see this season under Stevie G as a chance to get 55 and we should do everything we can to help in any way we can, dignified silence needs to be put aside and we need to fight for every advantage we can.

Rant over and I feel a lot better now.  :pipe:

Agree with you mate 

The sad thing is .We have a cancerous apathy to just about anything that involves fighting back as a collective support .

Even on here ,there are suckers with their little egos, that ridicule anyone for doing a thing for any little cause that would possibly make a difference to help our club ,fight our enemies or numerous other things 

It's sickening but many bears with the passion are put off because of this 

14 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

I'm pretty sure the appeals panel is independent. 

if CO finds he has a case to answer he will be offered a ban of a certain amount of games .probably 2 .they then decide to either take the ban or appeal .then they can add games or clear him .

dont know where they can have grounds for appeal unless they say elbowing out off the ball is now a yellow 

There is not a referee in world football who would not give that as a straight red. Except in Scotland and except if the offender is wearing the green and grey

13 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Seemed like that, he certainly meant it and knew what he was doing IMO.

I thought all disciplinary meetings were within a few days, but I could be wrong and it is 2 Sept before we play them.  

I'm sure the disciplinary needs to happen in the next few days. He has a case to answer and will get offered a ban. I believe violent conduct is a 3 match ban.

Now he can appeal this but that would only allow him to play there next game. He should get hammered if he does appeal as there is no way they can try and justify it. There is no ref who sees that and doesn't give a red.

He should be out of the old firm. If he gets to play it will be as clear as sign of bias as you can get

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Agree with you mate 

The sad thing is .We have a cancerous apathy to just about anything that involves fighting back as a collective support .

Even on here ,there are suckers with their little egos, that ridicule anyone for doing a thing for any little cause that would possibly make a difference to help our club ,fight our enemies or numerous other things 

It's sickening but many bears with the passion are put off because of this 

We have a huge support with a lot of different views that is for sure, but I think most things that happen either against us on the pitch or not happen to them or others in basically the same circumstances will get a good agreement in that we need to fight for justice to be done and anyone disagreeing will be in a tiny minority. 

I feel this season is the one to go on the attack and get fair decisions, it will not be easy with the Scottish press so against us but I believe that the English press will help with us having Stevie G as our manager. :thumbup:

9 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I'm sure the disciplinary needs to happen in the next few days. He has a case to answer and will get offered a ban. I believe violent conduct is a 3 match ban.

Now he can appeal this but that would only allow him to play there next game. He should get hammered if he does appeal as there is no way they can try and justify it. There is no ref who sees that and doesn't give a red.

He should be out of the old firm. If he gets to play it will be as clear as sign of bias as you can get

I thought it had to happen soon after any game where an incident is reviewed and had forgot that if the CO agrees he has a case to answer (no laughing at the back) then a number of games ban will be offered. 3 games for violent conduct rings a bell right enough.

I certainly think it is a red card offence but seen a post of two saying it should only be a yellow. :duh:

33 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I thought it had to happen soon after any game where an incident is reviewed and had forgot that if the CO agrees he has a case to answer (no laughing at the back) then a number of games ban will be offered. 3 games for violent conduct rings a bell right enough.

I certainly think it is a red card offence but seen a post of two saying it should only be a yellow. :duh:

Only in Scotland would you get someone arguing a yellow for a deliberate elbow lol

It's the definition of violent conduct. 

But let's see how the SPFL bail him out again. 

“A flailing arm”?? Aye, very good ‘Dermot’... Fuck right off!  The PR machine has started for them already.

In the Sun:

EX-Premier League ref Dermot Gallagher reckons neither Scott Brown or Steven Naismith should receive retrospective punishments for incidents during celtic’s clash with Hearts.

SunSport reported earlier this afternoon that Hoops skipper Brown could miss next month’s clash with Rangers.

PA:PRESS ASSOCIATION

Steven Naismith and Scott Brown battle for the ball

He is waiting to hear if he will face any disciplinary action for an alleged elbow on Naismith during Saturday’s match.

While the Jambos star is also anxiously waiting to find out if he will be handed a ban for kicking out at celtic’s Jonny Hayes.

The SFA compliance officer is looking at both incidents and will decide if any further action should be taken against the pair.

But now Gallagher has gave his opinion on the clashes – and doesn’t think either player should be given a retrospective red card.

Naismith kicked out at Jonny Hayes

On Brown’s alleged elbow, he told Sky Sports News: “Again, you always run the risk but it’s hardly an elbow. It’s a flailing arm.

“His arm has come up and we have to be careful that we do go gung ho and start lashing yellow and red cards about.”

4 hours ago, geneva_ger said:

We want him to play and see how he copes with Coulibaly and Arfield. I would forecast broonaldo gets a red against us.

See where you're coming from .

Not sure about the red , but I'm feeling quite positive right now facing them . I just hope it's not the heart ruling the head , which I can quite often do :lol: . But yeah , now that we've got a midfield with a bit of punch in it , it something to look forward to for a change . 

11 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

“A flailing arm”?? Aye, very good ‘Dermot’... Fuck right off!  The PR machine has started for them already.

In the Sun:

EX-Premier League ref Dermot Gallagher reckons neither Scott Brown or Steven Naismith should receive retrospective punishments for incidents during celtic’s clash with Hearts.

SunSport reported earlier this afternoon that Hoops skipper Brown could miss next month’s clash with Rangers.

PA:PRESS ASSOCIATION

Steven Naismith and Scott Brown battle for the ball

He is waiting to hear if he will face any disciplinary action for an alleged elbow on Naismith during Saturday’s match.

While the Jambos star is also anxiously waiting to find out if he will be handed a ban for kicking out at celtic’s Jonny Hayes.

The SFA compliance officer is looking at both incidents and will decide if any further action should be taken against the pair.

But now Gallagher has gave his opinion on the clashes – and doesn’t think either player should be given a retrospective red card.

Naismith kicked out at Jonny Hayes

On Brown’s alleged elbow, he told Sky Sports News: “Again, you always run the risk but it’s hardly an elbow. It’s a flailing arm.

“His arm has come up and we have to be careful that we do go gung ho and start lashing yellow and red cards about.”

Flailing arm ?

Who's paid him to say that. 

Under new SFA rules, a special panel of three former Grade 1 referees study any incident brought to the attention of the compliance officer.

All three must be unanimous in deciding that a red card/violent conduct offence has taken place for it to be taken forward

Here is the get out clause. There will always be one who doesn't want to take it foward. 

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

That was quick and not really surprised, they have certainly now set the bar high for a forearm smash in our game. We will have to remember this for future reference. :wanker:

This all day long, Precedent has been set so it seems