Coulibaly is a good prospect

RFCRobertson

13 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

We've only got him on loan right? Given how he's going so far and given he improves and keeps on the current trend of being machine, I'd say we should offer the boy a contract. 

Great bit of play in a motm performance.

We have an option to buy him in the summer so there's no rush.

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Great bit of play in a motm performance.

We have an option to buy him in the summer so there's no rush.

Do we definitely have the option to buy? He's been immense so far so I hope this is the case.

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yes, Gerrard confirmed it last week. Don't know what price has been set right enough.

See I’ve read a lot of people saying that Gerrard confirmed it but did he really. I’m sure when asked he said can we not just enjoy the player just now ?

Rangers boss Steven Gerrard has backed Lassana Coulibaly to go from strength to strength.

The midfielder has made an impressive start to life at Ibrox following his loan move from Angers and netted his first goal for the Gers in the Europa League win over Maribor.

Coulibaly has quickly endeared himself to supporters and become an integral part of Gerrard's plans.

Rangers have an option to purchase the Malian international at the end of his season-long stay.

And Gerrard is delighted with his instant Ibrox. impact

Gerrard said: “He’s ahead of where I thought he would be at this time.

"As a player, when I did pre-season, I always felt I needed four or five friendly matches under my belt, maybe two or three in the season, to feel in top shape and ready.

"He has played three games in terms of maximum minutes.

"Realistically he is still in pre-season in terms of match fitness, sharpness and game time.

"So we believe there is still more to come. But he has found his consistency and the fans are buying into him.

"As a player, when you play for a crowd as passionate as the Rangers crowd, if you empty the tank for them, and give everything you have possibly got in your body when you cross the white line, they are going come with you.

"They are going to support you, they are going to be behind you. That’s the message for every single player. Lassana knows that.

"He is committed to it and he has got the fans onside.

"Now it is about him just polishing his game and finding that consistency and he will be a helluva player for us.

"There’s an option within it, but let’s just enjoy him now and for the year. Of course we would love to have him on a full-time basis for many more years.

"We admire the player and that’s the reason we brought him in, but at the moment it’s a year-loan and he belongs to another club. At the moment he is ours and we should just appreciate that we’ve got him in the short term.”

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/16411989.Rangers-boss-steven-gerrard-delighted-with-lassana-coulibalys-ibrox-impact/#

Cheers for that OP. That was an outstanding piece of skill from what looks like an exceptional player at this stage. He's powerful too, so won't be bounced about all over the place, like we've had to endure in the past couple of seasons.

I heard Sportscene didn't show it. I didn't watch it, so just going with what I've heard. If so, why would they leave out such a piece of skill like that, especially as it was a real talking point with the tackle too? I think I can probably answer my own question right enough.

If we do have an option to buy him, that would be excellent. I'd love to know how much that's for. In the meantime, let's just enjoy him. Great signings so far and a huge pat on the back for all concerned.

Getting better game by game exactly what we have been missing in the midfield for years. How that tackle on him at the end of the video wasn’t a red card though is beyond me wee bastard made no attempt at the ball. Hopefully he will be ok for Thursday looked like he was struggling 

46 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yes, Gerrard confirmed it last week. Don't know what price has been set right enough.

Angers paid somewhere in the region of £1.8m-£2.5m for him a year ago.  They would probably be looking to get this money back.  

Just now, TMB said:

Angers paid somewhere in the region of £1.8m-£2.5m for him a year ago.  They would probably be looking to get this money back.  

If we have a fee set around that price and an option to buy then MA has done very very well based on performances to date.

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

We've only got him on loan right? Given how he's going so far and given he improves and keeps on the current trend of being machine, I'd say we should offer the boy a contract. 

More to the point of that fucker taking him out, was it not just after that (injury time ) he had to go off for treatment leaving us with 9 men. ( in front of linesman too).

48 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Absolutely love how he just goes hunting for the ball 

I've sat and watched about 40 minutes over the last 2 home matches watching him on and off the ball.

He's all over the shop and he's reading the opposition's moves about 2 or 3 passes ahead and either getting to the ball or shutting down an opponent who might receive it.

1 hour ago, Davie Mr Magic Cooper said:

Cheers for that OP. That was an outstanding piece of skill from what looks like an exceptional player at this stage. He's powerful too, so won't be bounced about all over the place, like we've had to endure in the past couple of seasons.

I heard Sportscene didn't show it. I didn't watch it, so just going with what I've heard. If so, why would they leave out such a piece of skill like that, especially as it was a real talking point with the tackle too? I think I can probably answer my own question right enough.

If we do have an option to buy him, that would be excellent. I'd love to know how much that's for. In the meantime, let's just enjoy him. Great signings so far and a huge pat on the back for all concerned.

They typically only show efforts on goals, I think they show red cards however yellows and most other fouls arent shown unless they are bad.

2 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Right when he did this I remember getting flashbacks to the days of Laudrup/Gascoigne and the like. Hopefully we see a lot of exciting football and a high pressing attacking unit emerge. The signs are good!

16 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

I've sat and watched about 40 minutes over the last 2 home matches watching him on and off the ball.

He's all over the shop and he's reading the opposition's moves about 2 or 3 passes ahead and either getting to the ball or shutting down an opponent who might receive it.

Same mate I love his movement - he just senses danger and anticipates before others