Most memorable Rangers game, and why?

beararse

Tuesday 2nd February 1993

Aberdeen 0-1 Rangers (Hateley)

What a game! What a fucking team!

Goram at his best and Hateley scoring a beautiful header from 16 yards (6:35 on the clip)

21 years old and I'd just had an operation to remove a third of my bowel the evening before.

Was lying there with a morphine pump automatically giving me hourly injections and tubes going in or coming out everywhere.

A nurse somehow got me a telly (even a 'portable' was fucking massive back then)

Didn't want to know the score and refused to go to sleep for fear of missing Sportscene that evening.

Nearly burst my stitches when the final whistle went.

11 minutes ago, beararse said:

Tuesday 2nd February 1993

Aberdeen 0-1 Rangers (Hateley)

What a game! What a fucking team!

Goram at his best and Hateley scoring a beautiful header from 16 yards (6:35 on the clip)

21 years old and I'd just had an operation to remove a third of my bowel the evening before.

Was lying there with a morphine pump automatically giving me hourly injections and tubes going in or coming out everywhere.

A nurse somehow got me a telly (even a 'portable' was fucking massive back then)

Didn't want to know the score and refused to go to sleep for fear of missing Sportscene that evening.

Nearly burst my stitches when the final whistle went.

Love Goram at 7:40

Fav games I attended

1. Rangers vs Moscow Dinamo Barca '72
  2. Rangers vs Bayern at Ibrox - same year
  3. Rangers vs Taigs, 1973 Tom Forsyth Cup Final
  4. Rangers vs Taigs 1971 - DJ scores League Cup Final
  5. Rangers 5 vs Taigs 1 ---- Ray Wilkins goal day

Fav game watched live on TV

1. Loverkrands Cup Final
  2. Gazza tearing the sheep apart with a hat-trick

43 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

The UEFA Cup semi final there's nothing that came close to the excitement of knowing we were going to the final of a European competition. 

Probably this for me 

Although the Lyon game is also right up there. I didn't understand what was happening 

the 1997 new year old firm game, went with my sister and her boyfriend to watch the game in....... the celtic club in kilsyth, had my Rangers top on under my jacket, my sisters boyfriend said dont cheer if Rangers score (aye right) so when big erik bo scored 2 to win us the game needless to say i had to get ushered out the door, thankfully he had a good standing down there and i didnt get murdered. completely stupid thing to do but being young and drunk i saw some fun could be had not thinking of consequences.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Probably this for me 

Although the Lyon game is also right up there. I didn't understand what was happening 

There's been so many wonderful nights supporting us.

Parma at home I can't remember the year but three of us left school early to get home and listen on the radio is up there. 

And purely as I was one of about a dozen or so people to have seen it Daniel Prodan's only ever game for us in a pre-season friendly against Ardeer Thistle.

First cup final I attended, the 3-3 game with Aberdeen, Davie Coopers rocket of a free kick in front of about 80 thousand fans

The 5-1 game against the tarriers at Ibrox when they had that donky Ian Andrews in goal

Title decider against Aberdeen is also up there or the comeback against Marseille at Ibrox in the first ever champions league, that Marseille team we’re one of the best teams I’ve ever saw at Ibrox.

My first old firm away match when we won at the piggery for the first time in nine years.  

Too many great matches over the years to say for sure what’s the most memorable tbh

Bayern Munich '72 when we defeated almost the German national side, atmospheric is an understatement there was only ever going to be one winner that night and I remember there was 500,000 inside the Brox(Seville calculator). And septic went out same night:bow::dance:???

An old firm game at parkhead 1996 if memory serves it was a Thursday night for some reason. 

Laudrup scores from a Oneil slip gazza missed a pen as did van hooijdonk ( well he didn’t miss it was saved) and Goram celebrating was class. Most remember  it for van Vossen missing. For me it was  the goal and that penalty save and celebration. We smashed them in every league game that season too to calum 9 in a row.