Club and league UEFA coefficients

GOAT

Just recently started paying attention to these again.  The SPL teams voting us out the league in 2012 really has contributed to fucking it big time hasn’t it. The SPL was in the top 10 only 8 years ago and had two CL qualification spots.  Now we need to go through four different qualifiers just to get a Europa League spot.  It’s a bit of a joke. Fuck sake us and the tarriers were regulars in the top 20 clubs now they are 46th or something despite qualifying for the CL two seasons running and were understandably 265th due to the last few years.  

The Premiership is now 26th, countries like Israel, Azerbaijan, Belarus and fucking Cyprus are above us.  We really need to make this group stage, part of me also thinks Hibs need to make it aswell, but then the other part of me goes fuck the fenian bastards.  Clearly I don’t want the tarriers anywhere near the group stages of the CL because it just gives them more money we don’t gave but they really need to get the group stages of the EL, are they out of Europe all together if AEK put them out?  Time for Scottish clubs to start pulling their weight in Europe and getting us back into the top 15 so we have less qualifiers in future seasons. 

Don’t know how accurate WIkipedia is but it looks like just by us and Hibs winning a few ties in the qualifiers we’ve already moved us up three places from 26th to 23rd. 

Ignore this comment it’s bullshit. 

9 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Thie cunt’s thread explains it pretty well tbf.

Also embarrassing that 4th place in England, Spain, Italy and Germany? have a much better chance of the qualifiers than the winners of here and others

Us and the bheggers need to start carrying us in europe again by qualifying for group stages and getting these extra points and hope yer Hibs and Aberdeen’s of this world do something. 

12 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Just recently started paying attention to these again.  The SPL teams voting us out the league in 2012 really has contributed to fucking it big time hasn’t it. The SPL was in the top 10 only 8 years ago and had two CL qualification spots.  Now we need to go through four different qualifiers just to get a Europa League spot.  It’s a bit of a joke. Fuck sake us and the tarriers were regulars in the top 20 clubs now they are 46th or something despite qualifying for the CL two seasons running and were understandably 265th due to the last few years.  

The Premiership is now 26th, countries like Israel, Azerbaijan, Belarus and fucking Cyprus are above us.  We really need to make this group stage, part of me also thinks Hibs need to make it aswell, but then the other part of me goes fuck the fenian bastards.  Clearly I don’t want the tarriers anywhere near the group stages of the CL because it just gives them more money we don’t gave but they really need to get the group stages of the EL, are they out of Europe all together if AEK put them out?  Time for Scottish clubs to start pulling their weight in Europe and getting us back into the top 15 so we have less qualifiers in future seasons. 

They drop into EL if they lose to AEK.

Twitter thread above has a load of good info for co-efficient, even if it does come from one of them.

1 minute ago, BillySastard said:

4 qualifying rounds just to enter the Europa League is dreadful. Need to get our ranking sorted.

In saying that, i can't wait to see the tarriers suffer a heavy, humiliating defeat in Greece tomorrow. 

I’m content for them to make the group stage of the EL but we need to do it aswell.   The CL is just too much for them just now. 

Just now, GOAT said:

Us and the bheggers need to start carrying us in europe again by qualifying for group stages and getting these extra points and hope yer Hibs and Aberdeen’s of this world do something. 

This season has actually been pretty decent for the coefficient. Results from us and the rest so far have got us more points than will drop off, so we should hopefully climb a few places for next season.

Just now, DaleFo8 said:

This season has actually been pretty decent for the coefficient. Results from us and the rest so far have got us more points than will drop off, so we should hopefully climb a few places for next season.

From my understanding it won’t be next season but the season after this seasons results affect anything. 

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

I’m content for them to make the group stage of the EL but we need to do it aswell.   The CL is just too much for them just now. 

Yeah the big one is taking their CL money away from them. That'll be massive the impact it would have on them.

I want us to go for the jugular. Kick them to the ground and rub their fucking faces in it!

As has been stated already, as much as I love watching the rest of Scottish football lose European games we need to get this co efficient up or its June starts for the foreseeable, which is fuckin brutal.

Therefore, I am willing to very begrudgingly accept the ugly green cousins being in the Europa league groups as long as we make it there aswell. 

A good few wins in the groups between us all and it should help massively. 

Feels so wrong typing this out, but if it benefits Rangers in the long run, then my hatred needs to be tempered about 1%. Lol

26 minutes ago, GOAT said:

From my understanding it won’t be next season but the season after this seasons results affect anything. 

Might be right on that one.

This site is always helpful for this kind of stuff as well, all the info you could need for co-efficients. Scotland currently up 3 places from 26th to 23rd. Think we need to get to 19th before it affects when Scottish teams enter qualifying.

9 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

As has been stated already, as much as I love watching the rest of Scottish football lose European games we need to get this co efficient up or its June starts for the foreseeable, which is fuckin brutal.

Therefore, I am willing to very begrudgingly accept the ugly green cousins being in the Europa league groups as long as we make it there aswell. 

A good few wins in the groups between us all and it should help massively. 

Feels so wrong typing this out, but if it benefits Rangers in the long run, then my hatred needs to be tempered about 1%. Lol

I think them being dumped out of Europe entirely would not go well for us, as they'd turn their attentions solely to the league. EL groups is what I'd say suits best for co-efficient and to benefit our title challenge.

Four qualifying rounds is a lot of hurdles to jump over but I think it'll benefit us this year.  We've put together a whole new squad of players and they need game time and experience together.  These European matches now must be doing wonders for the players fitness, their ability to work on the Gerrard's tactics, moral building, and we'll come together as a team much sooner.  If we do reach the group stages we'll be better prepared than had we just qualified automatically.

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

Don’t know how accurate WIkipedia is but it looks like just by us and Hibs winning a few ties in the qualifiers we’ve already moved us up three places from 26th to 23rd. 

Ignore this comment it’s bullshit. 

No that’s true actually, and there’s not much between our league going upto 19th, if we want a serious chance of regular qualification for group stages we need a stronger coefficient. Getting upto 15th would mean a second champions league place.

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

This means nothing to me

Why complicate things 

It didn't matter to any of them back in 2012 .Fuck every one of them .Want them all beat and every time 

Like this season .All we do is beat what's put in front of us 

It will never be like it was before anyway with2 CL spots .Kidding ourselves on

I want Hivs and most definitely the scum gubbed out asap

We take our own chances for the forseable and see where that takes us 

agree mate, fuck the rest of them

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

This means nothing to me

Why complicate things 

It didn't matter to any of them back in 2012 .Fuck every one of them .Want them all beat and every time 

Like this season .All we do is beat what's put in front of us 

It will never be like it was before anyway with2 CL spots .Kidding ourselves on

I want Hivs and most definitely the scum gubbed out asap

We take our own chances for the forseable and see where that takes us 

The thing is you can say fuck them all you want but we can quite easily get back into the top 15 and if that happens god forbid we go a season finishing second, we’re still guaranteed a CL qualifier spot.  Then all it takes is to get to the 3rd round and we’re guaranteed Europe to Christmas.  If us the bheggers and Hibs were to reach the the EL group stages this season and rack up a few wins and draws between us, it would massively effect the coefficient for two seasons time. 

Don't see why your country's co-efficient should be taken into account. Should just be your own teams past performances in Europe.

Why should your team benefit or in our case be handicapped because the other teams from your country are crap.

6 minutes ago, Brackley said:

Don't see why your country's co-efficient should be taken into account. Should just be your own teams past performances in Europe.

Why should your team benefit or in our case be handicapped because the other teams from your country are crap.

Because UEFA want to keep the big countries happy. That simple.