Make no mistake

This can be our year however, lets not seriously jump the gun. We still have a big game on Thursday to get through but if we keep the level of consistency going then we are in with a big shout. For the first time since Walter was here, they are in a slump whilst we are getting better.  

They'll swallow it this year as they're sitting on previous windfalls from the CL/Europa and player add-ons etc and they will no doubt punt a couple of their high earners.

Where you will see them resort to the biscuit tin years and mentality is if they fail to qualify next year ?

1 minute ago, Virtuoso said:

They'll swallow it this year as they're sitting on previous windfalls from the CL/Europa and player add-ons etc and they will no doubt punt a couple of their high earners.

Where you will see them resort to the biscuit tin years and mentality is if they fail to qualify next year ?

There operating costs must be near 90 million. 

And the fact they don’t have the English Market to fall back on, I’m no so sure.

Maybe getting a wee bit carried away. A couple of signings they could freshen themselves up. But yeah definitely they are really going to start struggling to qualify for the champs league going forward. 

If we can just put together a good season and really pile the pressure on them. 

Just now, callumbo87 said:

When we get through Maribor If I were King/investors I would really turn the screw and bring in a good CB back-up, quality no 10 and a quality striker. Lets hammer them for 55 and get into the CL.

Fully agree ?

King and co are not going to get a better opportunity to really stick it to them. 

I'm sure Gerrard will have targets let's go and get them. 

1 hour ago, shaka said:

What's the rumour?

1 hour ago, shaka said:

What's the rumour?

The rumour is that as a lot of the offences had taken place in the US is that the legal action will take place there. If that is the case your are talking millions per case

4 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

There operating costs must be near 90 million. 

And the fact they don’t have the English Market to fall back on, I’m no so sure.

For as much as their costs are, they are run on a Europa 'last 16' qualification basis - as per their accounts showed (there was a thread on here at the time of their last accounts which broke it down).

They can take the hit of failing to qualify over a season or two - what will seriously fuck them is not winning the league and subsequent omission from CL football. The free-fall in their following incoming finances is what will ultimately fuck them.

They've had years to move ahead of us, to a point that they could have been out of sight - but that 'biscuit-tin' mentality is deep-rooted within the psyche of Desmond and Liewell.

Happy Days ? 

1 minute ago, Alwaysblue said:

If the offences have taken place on American soil, which they allegedly have.... 

My mate just sent a link to It mate. I hadn't seen it previously and i was wondering why everyone was saying America. 

2 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

For as much as their costs are, they are run on a Europa 'last 16' qualification basis - as per their accounts showed (there was a thread on here at the time of their last accounts which broke it down).

They can take the hit of failing to qualify over a season or two - what will seriously fuck them is not winning the league and subsequent omission from CL football. The free-fall in their following incoming finances is what will ultimately fuck them.

They've had years to move ahead of us, to a point that they could have been out of sight - but that 'biscuit-tin' mentality is deep-rooted within the psyche of Desmond and Liewell.

Happy Days ? 

Going by reports they also have to pay the co-op 16.8 million in July 2019. 

3 minutes ago, Alwaysblue said:

The rumour is that as a lot of the offences had taken place in the US is that the legal action will take place there. If that is the case your are talking millions per case

That's all it is - a rumour.

For as much as I would like it to be true, it isn't...and most likely won't ever be.