Make no mistake

1 minute ago, Virtuoso said:

That's all it is - a rumour.

For as much as I would like it to be true, it isn't...and most likely won't ever be.

I realise that. I emphasised it was a rumour. However, there is a ring of truth - wrong word - about it. The police are just not after Torbett. There are others who allegedly committed the offences in the States

16 minutes ago, Prince George said:

Going by reports they also have to pay the co-op 16.8 million in July 2019. 

That loan has been due in 2015 / 16 / 17 - this year....now next. This whole CO-OP loan thing is simply bollox that has ran for years. Not worth a second thought.

For as much as it pains me to admit, they have a chairman who could wipe it out and not lose a wink of sleep. That's just stating a fact.

Forget about it as it means fuck all in the bigger scheme of things (with regards to having any effect on them).

1 minute ago, Alwaysblue said:

I realise that. I emphasised it was a rumour. However, there is a ring of truth - wrong word - about it. The police are just not after Torbett. There are others who allegedly committed the offences in the States

The offences in America had nothing to do with Torbett - it was Cairney who was accused of indecency during a trip to New Jersey. As it is, Cairney won't ever stand trial in the States for it.

There's a fine line between success and failure as we should only be too aware of. The games we've controlled and lost. Last minute euro goals, crazy ref decisions etc. For the 1st time in years (if ever) I watched a scum game (cause I receive a text telling me they were getting beat after 5 mins), and a few inches between a chance flick and the post almost put them through with virtually the last kick of the ball. 

It's been a while since we had so many in our team who seem to want to win at all costs, players who are putting in 100% effort and actually have the ability to play a bit as well. It's looking good but there's a long way to go. 

An early goal against us on Thu puts us under pressure, but I know that we will create chances so I see it as 50/50 right now even though we are 2 goals up. I just can't get carried away in the wave of optimism at the moment until we pull out the BIG results. Get to the europa league stages and beat them and I might start to relax. The one thing that must not happen is for the players to relax at any time throughout the season. They need to fight every tackle, pass, point etc.

The best thing on our side is the management team. Gerrard will not take defeat or slacking of standards lightly. This is the man we have needed for a long time. I feel anyone not pulling their weight will soon be shipped out.  It's looking good, there's a feelgood factor running through the support like a tsunami and it's great to be part of it. But we are only one defeat away from the support turning hyper-critical.

Mon eh Bears!

The cunts are quick to tell us how skint we are, they lost Mcginn over 250k and penny pinched trying to solve their defensive problems with a 1m dud fae Leipzig ? an blew their full budget on a guy they will struggle to make much on, decent player but not great

We had the worse defence in the top 6 last year, looking safe to say we’re likely to have the best defence in the league this year?? 

Bring on the tarriers they must be shitttttttting themselves!!

I'll tell you one thing I want to see (amongst others). And that is Stevie G's reaction the moment we score against celtic. You know that way when the management team all freeze waiting to see if it's gone in, then they all go mental. I want to see him punch the air and absolutely lose himself in the moment. That will be fucking great.

1 hour ago, siamthedanger said:

Surely the wages are not an issue with them given the few seasons of champions league money they have taken without really spending much? Unless I've missed something and they are financially unstable which I would of course be delighted by! 

Their fucking wage bill is something insane like 65 million including management. It is utterly fuckin mental

Their obsession with us was always going to be their undoing. When we went down the divisions they should have strengthened better than they did. When they had their invincible season they should have strengthened more with the champions league money made and from players sells. Instead they have penny pinched, become complacent, believe they are that much better than us and that we are so much of a joke that they don't need to strengthen, so much so that they ask more questions about us at their own fucking AGM and talk about us in phone ins!

This is a huge moment for us but what we should not do is do a tarriers and rest on our laurels. If you stand still you fall behind. We are right back in this but we shouldn't settle for our current squad. We should bury these cunts. The easy thing to do is believe the squads are relatively similar and close but rather than doing that we should add to our squad, strengthen our first 11 and really give these cunts something to worry about. Put the foot down and make another statement in the transfer market. Our recruitment has been great so far but further additions now could be significant IMO.