Make no mistake

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Hopefully this is the start of a downward spiral for the rest of the season. 

We’ll win it on our own merit, but the more infighting and pressure that gets put on them the more it helps us. 

I hope Rodgers is here for the season and sacked when we win it.

I genuinely believe if we look to be on course to win the title under gerrard.

Rodgers will quit before it happens.

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Aye, you can foresee it...

Bottom end EPL club in relegation dogfight sack their manager next March.  Scrambling around for a new manager, Rodgers name is linked.  Himself being in a title dogfight with Rangers who he's supposed to be wiping the floor with, he's struggling to keep his board, players and fans onside with his press conferences becoming more and more strained as the press drop the "Saint" title from his name.  He seizes the opportunity and tells everyone he's earned the right to manage in Englands top flight again.   Huddersfield Town announce Rodgers as their new manager the next day.

:1120982233_SGsmile:

7 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Aye that’d be perfect. If it looked like we were on course to win it with just 6-8 games to go he’d be out of here. 

I just hope they don’t act quickly and sack him then get someone else in. 

38 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:cheers:

Totally agree Bud ..... but .... ? A wee smirk here and a wee smirk there ..... here a smirk, there a smirk, everywhere a smirk smirk  ..... Oh the tarriers they got fucked ... E I E I O ? .... is perfectly acceptable I should imagine ..... :lol:

:UK: 

Yes I think so. :thumbsup:

37 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I'm trying not to get carried away and just to be happy to see continued improvement. But I can't stop my mind drifting toward the scenario where Gerrard wins the league in his first season and becomes an utter legend. Although the ultimate outcome would be a golden era, a period of domination from Rangers.

22 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

I'm trying not to get carried away and just to be happy to see continued improvement. But I can't stop my mind drifting toward the scenario where Gerrard wins the league in his first season and becomes an utter legend. Although the ultimate outcome would be a golden era, a period of domination from Rangers.

It's hard not to get caught up and carried away. After everything we've been through in the last few years.

The dream season would be winning the title in Gerrard's 1st season. The party for 55 is going to be bigger than anything I think I've seen in my lifetime.

Crispy gub saying "it's not rocket science " that they should have strengthened, and despite toyboata, or whatever the fuck he's called, posting a video of himself receiving treatment, crispy gub claims he was fit, all isn't well at the tarriers...... 

Lovely, simply lovely 

Whatever happens tomorrow night, this result was more important. Not just because of the financial consierations but becuase it has stoped the media love in of "these great European nights at celtic park" which are used to portray them as the biggest club in Glasgow, Scotland, Britain, Europe, the universe etc. The optics are important and for the first time in a while their image is suffering. And that is without the paedo stuff in the news.

3 hours ago, jim beam said:

Cairney supposedly up to his tricks on a training camp in the US and if it goes to court over there then they will have to pay compensation American style.

Just a rumour some saying it’s bollocks the rest hoping it’s true for obvious reasons.

Thanks for that! I note there is a breaking scandle in the US re: priests and kids ( no change there) so there might be a desire to pursue this ( if true?). 

2 hours ago, RockwellGers said:

Can we not at least get the first 10 league games out of the way ( including the OF GAME) before getting to carried away? Your dream is shared but reality might kick in and beating them at porkheid will still be tough, but sweet if we do it. 

Trying not to get too carried away myself until we can actually beat them this season.

We are crying out for at least 2 or 3 wins against them this season, and if we can do that and open up an 8 or 10 point gap at the top come April and finish with 55 then finally we are truly back to where we belong.

Lots of time and games to go though.

Been saying it for weeks now, the downward spiral has begun. 

It still may take till the end of next season before we regain the title but when we look back on it, we'll look to this point as to when the turnaround began. 

1 minute ago, Ryan_1 said:

Been saying it for weeks now, the downward spiral has begun. 

It still may take till the end of next season before we regain the title but when we look back on it, we'll look to this point as to when the turnaround began. 

That makes me feel all fuzzy

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Thanks for that! I note there is a breaking scandle in the US re: priests and kids ( no change there) so there might be a desire to pursue this ( if true?). 

Catholic priests  being found out that they did dirty business with kids in Pennsylvania over decades.  They’re talking 1000 kids.  

7 hours ago, dan_ger said:

Let's get through Thursday and the first game against them before we get too excited. It's still far too early for all this. 

Agreed. While S.G. has assembled a decent yet unfinished side for less money than timothy spent on 1 player. Albeit their net spend is really only £2m. Considering the armstrong sale. I still expect them to spend before deadline day. If we are to believe? That fulham did offer £9m for boyota? That seems crazy to turn it down in his final year. They wont get that amount now.

However lets get thursday done & dusted and hope we can add the final pieces to our squad before deadline and see where we are in September. I am very optimistic. i have bet Rangers to win league at 9/1 (now best price 5/1) but bookies still make septic 1/6 fav. That tells its own story.

12 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Catholic priests  being found out that they did dirty business with kids in Pennsylvania over decades.  They’re talking 1000 kids.  

Just copied this from an article about the above. 

It's like it's been written about what's been going on at the piggery...

The report states:

“All victims were brushed aside, in every part of the state, by church leaders who preferred to protect the abusers and their institution above all. The main thing was not to help children, but to avoid scandal.”

“Priests were raping little boys and girls and the men of God who were responsible for them not only did nothing: they hid it all.”

“Diocesan administrators, including the Bishops, had knowledge of this conduct and yet priests were regularly placed in ministry after the Diocese was on notice that a complaint of child sexual abuse had been made. This conduct enabled offenders and endangered the welfare of children.”

1 minute ago, SpidermansGaffer said:

Just copied this from an article about the above. 

It's like it's been written about what's been going on at the piggery...

The report states:

“All victims were brushed aside, in every part of the state, by church leaders who preferred to protect the abusers and their institution above all. The main thing was not to help children, but to avoid scandal.”

“Priests were raping little boys and girls and the men of God who were responsible for them not only did nothing: they hid it all.”

“Diocesan administrators, including the Bishops, had knowledge of this conduct and yet priests were regularly placed in ministry after the Diocese was on notice that a complaint of child sexual abuse had been made. This conduct enabled offenders and endangered the welfare of children.”

Real shame here is that most of these bastards won’t get done because the cases are so old and have gone past the statute of limitations. There may be only a few who they will get. They’re talking over 300 priests initially. Fucking travesty this is. 

3 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Can we not at least get the first 10 league games out of the way ( including the OF GAME) before getting to carried away? Your dream is shared but reality might kick in and beating them at porkheid will still be tough, but sweet if we do it. 

All I said was that my mind does tend to drift towards the possibilities at times......I'm sure yours does too. Mostly, I'm currently excited for every game and keen to see us build this mentality. It can (and will) go slowly and that's totally fine. Life is good