La Liga Games In America

1 minute ago, East London Loyal said:

Not only is this a cunt move by the Spanish governing bodies, but it also steps on MLS toes. 

Why the MLS hasn't come out and condemned this is outrageous.

Only reason I could think of them supporting it is that it might get more of the yanks interested in football, which creates more customers for them.

It's a ridiculous idea. Makes you thing if the people running the football associations even like football, or just the money that's in it.

Fuck sake, we have a world fucking cup there is no need to start dragging teams to the USA, next it will be the FA and premier league teams going over there whoring themselves out for the dollars.

The days of "being the working mans game" died a couple of decades ago.

I think La Liga have been angling for this for a while.

La Liga and the Second Divison have been playing all sorts of weird fixtures there post season for the past couple of years.

Towards the end of the 16/17 season I watched, I think, Levante play some other Spanish team in a friendly on the TV. Game was terrible and played in front of barely anyone.

I honestly think if we ever played a home fixture in another country I would chuck it altogether.

2 hours ago, harlands plater said:

Millions of Hispanics in the US with an interest in football, mainly Real and Barca. My nephew plays at college level and most of his team mates are Mexicans. 

When I lived there for a while in the early 90s Chivas and Cruz Azul were the big supported clubs.I had to travel into Fort Lauderdale if I wanted to watch football on a Sunday so it was mostly Italian football and it seemed nearly everyone was a Juventus supporter.

1 minute ago, bluedylan said:

When I lived there for a while in the early 90s Chivas and Cruz Azul were the big supported clubs.I had to travel into Fort Lauderdale if I wanted to watch football on a Sunday so it was mostly Italian football and it seemed nearly everyone was a Juventus supporter.

Juve have a massive following. I asked a restaurant manager in Rome if he supported Roma or Lazio, he said "I'm from Naples". So I said you support Napoli, then?" and he said "no, I support Juventus."

Even going into Italian restaurants in Glasgow there tends to be a Juve team photo adorning the wall.

Just now, harlands plater said:

Juve have a massive following. I asked a restaurant manager in Rome if he supported Roma or Lazio, he said "I'm from Naples". So I said you support Napoli, then?" and he said "no, I support Juventus."

Even going into Italian restaurants in Glasgow there tends to be a Juve team photo adorning the wall.

Absolutely they are like Man United fans never more than 20 feet away from one.Funny enough I was told in the city of Turin Torino have the biggest following and Juve get their support from the outlying regions