Brilliant

BlueMe

I was thinking after the game how you always want to win, but sometimes you need a team that can just grind out a result if needs be. I know it's been said a million times but the teams we have been cursed with the last few years would have buckled out there tonight.

Just now, BlueMe said:

Getting to the UEFA cup final wasn't bad! and it achieved almost entirely with these kind of performances.

He was generally shite at it but. I lived through how generally shite at it he was. It wasn't easy.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

He was generally shite at it but. I lived through how generally shite at it he was. It wasn't easy.

I remember being on the edge of my seat watching through my fingers at some of the games, definitely. But, it worked mate. 

The most pleasing aspect was how this was a team performance - everybody played their part . 

Morelos worked tirelessly up front . Murphy and Ejaria have their critics but they covered every blade of that pitch last night and were part of a midfield whose success was proved by how few real chances a team from last seasons CL had on their own turf . And on the few times they did get past our midfield , Goldson and Katic were commanding . And on the even fewer chances they got past them , McGregor was majestic . 

Early days yet , but the signs are good to make a real challenge for the championship this season . 

19 hours ago, BlueMe said:

A gritty, hard fought European performance Walter Smith would be proud of. 

Considering this team has only played together for a matter of weeks, and we're 2 games away from the group stages, amazing.

WE'RE GETTING OUR FOOTBALL CLUB BACK.

WHICH IS BRILLIANT

20 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Confidence is growing every game now. 

That back line looks like it's worked together for years let alone several games. 

Onto UFA and hopefully a place in the group stages 

If we can get into the Europa league - then our back four would be Barisic, Katic, Goldson & Tav - with Flanagan an option on either FB position - incidentally, feels like our best back line for decades.

20 hours ago, geronimoo said:

I was thinking after the game how you always want to win, but sometimes you need a team that can just grind out a result if needs be. I know it's been said a million times but the teams we have been cursed with the last few years would have buckled out there tonight.

Best post of the week mate - cursed & buckled are key words/points.

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

REALLY! Ffs! Daft comment that. 

Could be argued he should have done more / better than he did given the phenomenal resources he had in his first spell. 

Reaching the UEFA cup final was quickly followed by Kaunas. 

Some absolutely shocking European results / campaigns, countered by a couple of good ones IMO.

On 16/08/2018 at 21:27, BlueMe said:

Getting to the UEFA cup final wasn't bad! and it was achieved almost entirely with these kind of performances.

Also got a 0-0 at Old Trafford in a CL group game to be the only team that season covering all competitions to keep a clean sheet there. 

2 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Also got a 0-0 at Old Trafford in a CL group game to be the only team that season covering all competitions to keep a clean sheet there. 

With Kirk Broadfoot in the team aswell, which makes it even more impressive.

15 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Could be argued he should have done more / better than he did given the phenomenal resources he had in his first spell. 

Reaching the UEFA cup final was quickly followed by Kaunas. 

Some absolutely shocking European results / campaigns, countered by a couple of good ones IMO.

Europe’s never been easy - we have had two managers take us to European finals and Walter was one. Europe’s always tough and Walter did pretty well imho and a hell of a lot better that the ‘pretty shit at it’ comment I quoted.