*** The Official Kilmarnock vs Rangers FC Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

We weren't great but we were comfortably better than killie and never in any serious danger. A lot of players rested too.

Summed up the game almost perfectly.

Missed the fact we had a goal disallowed wrongly. 

30 minutes ago, Iggy666 said:

Great win. I know a few posters on here will disagree with me but Jordan Jones would absolutely improve us. Should really be looking to get him.

I don't think he'd be much of an improvement.  He has no work rate which Candeias, Kent and Murphy provide. Also I don't think he looked anywhere near as good as Kent but just had more area to run into as we were usually attacking and Kilmarnock would try to hit us on the counter usually when Tav was in attack and slow getting back.  If Kent was given similar space to play in he would look just as good if not better.  I'd rather promote Middleton who has more potential than Kent and Jones.

6 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

I think he will turn out to be our most effective signing as the season wears on. Not necessarily through his actions or stats but just his influence. He just talks constantly and seems to make the right decision time and time again.

Box to box I thought he was outstanding today. 

14 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

We weren't great but we were comfortably better than killie and never in any serious danger. A lot of players rested too.

I thought we were very good ..

I genuinely see us being in for all trophies this year 

Only complacency will be our enemy 

Superb performances all round 

Had 3-0 so was gutted about their goal 

Also said Alf would score hat trick before the game and didn't back it ?

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Box to box I thought he was outstanding today. 

It's definitely a strength I wasn't so aware of from watching him at Burnley.

I noticed twice against Maribor, he was put in a tough place, facing our box with two men behind him. Both times he launched an attack by not taking a touch but just looking over his shoulder, letting the ball run, then running off after it. Gained 15 yards and ended up facing the right way both times.

He knows what he's doing.

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I thought we were very good ..

I genuinely see us being in for all trophies this year 

Only complacency will be our enemy 

Superb performances all round 

Had 3-0 so was gutted about their goal 

Also said Alf would score hat trick before the game and didn't back it ?

Totally agree with the statements I've highlighted. If the boss keeps the focus on, we definitely have the ability.

I know its still early on and the guy hasnt got so much game time, but the amount of times Sadiq was caught offside today was brutal. And he seems to have the first touch of a Christmas tree. So far the signs aint so good and if we think that in case of injury or suspension of Morelos, he is the guy to take over and do well, we are most probably fooling ourselves. Get that donkey Lafferty in now. 

13 minutes ago, eosmhdo said:

Great result. Only bad bit is Jamie’s injury

Agreed. Professional performance with the right result. Most of the players struggled to get comfortable with the pitch, especially after the Murphy injury, what with slipping everywhere or being hesitant about getting caught up. Very well done in the circumstances.

We are far further ahead than I thought we would be at this point. 

We need reliable cover at centre half as a priority though. I’m shitting myself every time Goldson or Katic go down.

Two or three more players and a bit of luck with injuries and we are pushing celtic all the way 

1 minute ago, Swagger said:

We are far further ahead than I thought we would be at this point. 

We need reliable cover at centre half as a priority though. I’m shitting myself every time Goldson or Katic go down.

Two or three more players and a bit of luck with injuries and we are pushing celtic all the way 

I think we actually need 4 to provide a bit of strength in depth, but I think we'll only get 2. 

5 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

I think we actually need 4 to provide a bit of strength in depth, but I think we'll only get 2. 

Think you’re right. Murphys injury might push it to 3 but I can see Lafferty and a centre half. The desire,fitness and talent is now in place - just need a little bit of luck now with keeping everyone fit.

Rossiter and Doranns fit would be a bonus 

Archived