So UFA next

RFCRobertson

How we feeling about this one? Personally I think we should be breezing past this lot, we’re playing them at home first so we should really be getting them pumped in the first leg and second leg. 

Yeah it’s inconvenient it’s 3 days before an old firm but fuck it, This is the situations you’ll find yourself in if you want to be champions or strong. The important thing would be not picking up any knocks however.

Would have preferred Progres for a number of reasons but we just need to approach this like any of the previous games.

I’m sure we’ve already got videos of their games against Progres and we’ll be finding ways to hurt them and any strengths they have to counter those.

It could have been much harder than this as they looked pretty poor from what I saw yesterday however under this management I don’t think we’ll ever take anything for granted.

19 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

By the looks of things they're a team who don't really score many goals but don't really concede many goals either. They only scored 34 goals in 30 games last season in the league but conceded 30. 

Beat them by 2 clear goals at Ibrox and we should be able to see it through in Russia

Pretty much all my thoughts. I don't see many teams being able to score more than two goals against our defence in any one game, so it's about breaking them down at Ibrox. 

7 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

I don't like that kind of thinking, you should always put out the strongest team possible.

Agree on that 

We just can't be that complacent about even assuming we will be in that position

As much as I want to beat the scum 

We all know how important getting to the group stages would be for the club for the whole season and beyond 

Finished 6th in Russia last year and are only in the Europa by default because the cup winners made an arse of their registration.

Hopefully an easier test than Maribor. Who would've thought we could actually have Europa League group stage football this season? Superb.

39 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

How we feeling about this one? Personally I think we should be breezing past this lot, we’re playing them at home first so we should really be getting them pumped in the first leg and second leg. 

Yeah it’s inconvenient it’s 3 days before an old firm but fuck it, This is the situations you’ll find yourself in if you want to be champions or strong. The important thing would be not picking up any knocks however.

They struggled, (94th minute winning goal) against Progres - and no doubt we'd now melt those guys.

I’d be going all out to kill the tie at Ibrox tbh. 

4 days before we play them, 4 hour time difference, 4,600 mile round trip. Not exactly ideal before an OF. I’d rather we were that far in front we could rest players but I’d still take a 2-0 to go to Russia with.