Press conference

BlueMe

52 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I’m hoping Klopp stays at Liverpool for the rest of his career because Gerrard is ticking all the boxes to be a great manager here.

even if the Liverpool job came up at the end of the season i would hope Gerrard would have the sense to see that he'd be better waiting until he has more experience than going now and running the risk of ruining his legacy at liverpool.

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

even if the Liverpool job came up at the end of the season i would hope Gerrard would have the sense to see that he'd be better waiting until he has more experience than to run the risk of going now and running the risk of ruining his legacy at liverpool.

I’m thinking longer term.

I could see Gerrard becoming a mainstay at our club if he keeps going like this so if in 2 years or 3 years time the Liverpool job became available I think he’ll more than likely go for it and if he’s won titles and cups here then I suspect he’ll get it.....then you worry about who you get in because the last 3 managers have been dire in comparison.

That said, these 2 guys are exactly what we need at this time and simply instil confidence that they know what is required. SG is still a young man and has 20 years to make it to the Liverpool job and thereafter the England job.

Stay with us Stevie.

28 minutes ago, IpswichGer said:

I can't put in to words how happy I am he is our manager. Oozes class and clearly has all the necessary tools. I was sceptical like most but right now I wouldn't want anyone else.

Hopefully Hummel don't take issue with Gary referring to the Hummel Training Centre as Murray Park! ?

Hummel in a huff you mean.

20 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Basically Lafferty and a central defender then...

Cant help but think an attack minded, creative midfield/winger would be a replacement for Windass and add that to Lafferty and a new defender.

A little short of quality out wide for me.

I think he still sees Dorrans and Rossiter as part of the 18/20 he was referring to. If and when these two are fully fit, they will be like new signings. And that’s why the focus is on a striker and a centre back.

If you take last night’s team plus bench, throw in Dorrans and Rossiter, and then add Lafferty (as an example) plus a back up CB, then we are pretty much there.

People go on about “creative midfielders“ as if we’ve always had a Pirlo in the team but I trust Arfield, Coulibaly, Candieas and Murphy to make things happen when everyone is settled and been working as a unit for a few months.

After the last few years this is like a dream with these two guys being our manager and assistant manager, I knew Stevie G was a  great footballer but never expected him to take to the management side so well, so quickly. 

I hope this dream lasts a long time. :1120982233_SGsmile:

17 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

I think he still sees Dorrans and Rossiter as part of the 18/20 he was referring to. If and when these two are fully fit, they will be like new signings. And that’s why the focus is on a striker and a centre back.

If you take last night’s team plus bench, throw in Dorrans and Rossiter, and then add Lafferty (as an example) plus a back up CB, then we are pretty much there.

People go on about “creative midfielders“ as if we’ve always had a Pirlo in the team but I trust Arfield, Coulibaly, Candieas and Murphy to make things happen when everyone is settled and been working as a unit for a few months.

You could add Middleton to that, he will be used fairly regularly, and is direct, /creative, and will get even better with the coaching and game time experience.