Press conference

BlueMe

Going by the way he's started his management career with us the only way is up, for him, and our Great Club. It's total joy listening to SG in his pressers and I am absolutely certain he won't take crap or prisoners if the mhedia start with any of their shite.

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Love the way he continues to stare at the cunt asking the question after he’s answered, if he thinks the question was a bit off. 

Can you imagine sitting at the lunch table listening to Stevie & Macca talk about football. ??

I would buy them a big pie make it too hot and be all ears.

Handling the press like it's the easiest thing in the world. Skilled deflection of tricky questions - pointing them to the Craig Levein interview and then when asked about Coulibaly being ready for Saturday.'"I'll know this afternoon" - polite way of saying none of your business.

He's made a flawless start to his time with us. There are sure to be bumps in the road ahead, but I'm starting to believe that SG will get us where we want to be.

4 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I’m thinking longer term.

I could see Gerrard becoming a mainstay at our club if he keeps going like this so if in 2 years or 3 years time the Liverpool job became available I think he’ll more than likely go for it and if he’s won titles and cups here then I suspect he’ll get it.....then you worry about who you get in because the last 3 managers have been dire in comparison.

McAllister moves up to fill void ala Smith when Souness fucked off?

We’ll just have to wait and see but if he does go it’ll be because he’s been successful which is what we all want.

Worth bearing in mind he proved to be a hugely loyal, one club player (bar LA Galaxy in his very last season) and I don’t think he’ll be any different as a manager.

4 hours ago, Domthenbud said:

He is, arguably, the most relaxed manager I’ve seen at Ibrox. His answers are extremely honest and respectful  without giving too much away. He is a man manager in the extreme and will grow a very happy squad and club.

I completely agree with you and I think this is because, unlike previous managers back to Walter, he has the self confidence and belief that he can manage a club of our size, that he belongs here.

Warburton and Pedro never had that, Ally obviously did as a player (and assistant) but you felt that from the day he took the top job that confidence drained a bit and he was always on the defensive.

Steven Gerrard knows he belongs at the top in everything he does.

The problem with a creative midfielder is that most of them are, in comparison to your Arfield types, lazy bastards. We might add a few more goals but we will ship a few more as well. I think Gerrard recognises that and is happy to go with 3 hard workers in the middle. We scored loads last season with a shit midfield, now that we have a good/average midfield for Scotland/Europe we should be just fine. Middleton must play instead of Candeais or Murphy in home games though, he creates much more.

38 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

“Did you see Craig Levein’s interview yesterday? So did I so I think we both know where we are with that one.”

Basically what I’m saying mate is sit down and shut up :lol:

What did levein say. Never saw or heard interview.

23 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

It's great to hear the way he deals with the mhedia trying to draw him to comment on the taigs and other subjects he doesn't feel are relevant. He and McAllister are a great team for us.

What a difference it is having proper, intelligent football people in charge. 100% what we’ve missed for 6 years.