Press conference

BlueMe

3 hours ago, sairheid_bear said:

Handling the press like it's the easiest thing in the world. Skilled deflection of tricky questions - pointing them to the Craig Levein interview and then when asked about Coulibaly being ready for Saturday.'"I'll know this afternoon" - polite way of saying none of your business.

He's made a flawless start to his time with us. There are sure to be bumps in the road ahead, but I'm starting to believe that SG will get us where we want to be.

Tread carefully - these terrorist, supporting immigrants are in cahoots to trip us up - SG too.

4 hours ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

The problem with a creative midfielder is that most of them are, in comparison to your Arfield types, lazy bastards. We might add a few more goals but we will ship a few more as well. I think Gerrard recognises that and is happy to go with 3 hard workers in the middle. We scored loads last season with a shit midfield, now that we have a good/average midfield for Scotland/Europe we should be just fine. Middleton must play instead of Candeais or Murphy in home games though, he creates much more.

Where on Earth are you getting that from? I really like the look of Middleton but how can you say he creates more than Candeias and Murphy? :lol: 

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

He handles the press with skill and makes it look easy. 

The vultures in the Scottish press will get nothing off him.

Exstensive media training that comes with being captain of Liverpool and a England international for such a long time, Coupled with the exstensive knowledge, intelligence  and passion for the game he has. As well as been down right cool as fuck makes it look easy.

26 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Where on Earth are you getting that from? I really like the look of Middleton but how can you say he creates more than Candeias and Murphy? :lol: 

I am getting it from my eyes. Murphy and Candeais are hard workers but offer far less going forward.

42 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

So far SG has done a great job - unfortunately it will take a defeat or two to find out how good he really is - and how good the team are but let’s hope that time is far away. 

Negative hater bastard. Vile in my opinion 

11 hours ago, blueballss said:

Carries himself as a Rangers manager should, not ruffled by the mhedia in anyway shape or form, keep it up gaffer

He has been handling the media since he was 17, he doesn't give a fuck about what they say or think.

12 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

if he stops the bheasts from 10 and gets us a decent core squad; for me the guys deserved to do what he likes after that but of course i'd want him here long term.

I'm delighted that he's doing so well, i doubted him, but so far he has blew me away and i'm glad i was wrong.

I can't say I doubted him, his character is clear but I like your sentiment.

5 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

So far SG has done a great job - unfortunately it will take a defeat or two to find out how good he really is - and how good the team are but let’s hope that time is far away. 

Priceless. Over many years whilst everybody has a pop at shit managers you defend the indefensible, now the support get behind a manager and your advising caution.

You are a strange one BP. 

7 hours ago, markem said:

Priceless. Over many years whilst everybody has a pop at shit managers you defend the indefensible, now the support get behind a manager and your advising caution.

You are a strange one BP. 

I’ve not had a pop at him - and all I have said about previous managers is they needed time - SG is the same - he’s doing great but managers who have longevity, are tested ( and judged) when things are going wrong, and when they are truly under pressure. Same for these new players. Now I hope the day(s) they are tested are a long way away, but those days will come and then we will see if he, and the squad, are as good as these early signs say. 

Its not really caution on my part just really a desire for us to give a manager time - when MW started we all thought we had won a gold watch but he crumbled under the pressure - I don’t think SG will but we won’t know till we have a bad spell. 

13 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Agreed. The test of a good manager is how he handles the pressure when we have a dip in form, and what he does to recover from it.