Borna Barisic

6 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

If brace face is worth 40 million then I’ll take a punt on this cunt being worth double 

I like how the move was handled as well, straight after the tie was done we got him signed up. Good business!

"I think the most important thing is that every game I give 100%. I see that the Rangers fans recognise that and I'm very happy because of that. I will give my heart on Ibrox and every other stadium for Rangers, I think this is the most important thing."

He has that look of intensity and focus:

image.thumb.png.5f7044361f9ca47b4d2da134671b2714.png

Agreed.He looks very useful for the money,potentially our best left back since Numan.

Cant help but think there must be a good no 10 from that part of the world at a reasonable price.Teams that have just been eliminated from europe early,and need to reduce their wage bill.

Said it on numerous occasions, but if we could find another centre half like CG and NK, whether or not Flanagan can be that, I am unsure, then we would destroy sides.

Having Borna on one side and Tav on the other, where their defensive duties are diluted slightly, I can only imagine the havoc they could wreak bombing forward at oppostion defences and putting in some the most dangerous balls we have had availabe to us in a very long time.

6 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Depends where and in what formation. The formation we've been playing then it's Tav RB and Barisic LB. Flanagan benched.

Think I'd be tempted to put Flanagan as a RCB in a back 3, tav and barisic as wing backs against them. 

As a fanbase we are way too quick to hand out hero status, the true legends of our club earned the respect over many seasons but  I know football has changed and one club. even long term men will be few and far between, it was a tidy debut and he looks a player and I hope he fulfils his football dreams here, but like everyone it would take  only one phonecall from a megabucks EPL payday then it is goodbye, but if that day comes we will not be sold short on the valuation placed on him by our club so win/win.

Tav RM and Flannagan RB for me. Worked well against celtic in one of the games against them when Hodson played. Tav is one of our most comfortable players in possession and can hurt teams with his delivery.

Barisic will be our answer to the issues we have had down the left side. Played well in both ties against us and looks up for a battle. Can't remember the last time we looked this solid at the back. It's finally going to give us something to cheer about.

Thing is its not just the 60 minutes for us. He was clearly different gravy against us as well. Easily their best player in a pretty decent team over both legs. 

The 60 minutes for us, I though he just looked a class apart. Debut in a rocking Ibrox, could easily have been caught up by nerves but was totally comfortable and looked like he had been here for years.

Of course lets see how it goes over the next few games but he just looked the part.

Sometimes you look at a player and you can see they are shite, sometimes you see a player and think he has potential and could work out well with games... rarely you see a player and think "different class" . The general consensus is that we have one of those rare occurrences

4 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Debut in a rocking Ibrox, could easily have been caught up by nerves but was totally comfortable and looked like he had been here for years.

He relishes it.   He said in an interview when he was with Ojisek how amazing it was to play in front of 50,000 crowd singing for the entire game.   He's going to love his time here and be a big big player for us.

3 hours ago, pcbear said:

As a fanbase we are way too quick to hand out hero status, the true legends of our club earned the respect over many seasons but  I know football has changed and one club. even long term men will be few and far between, it was a tidy debut and he looks a player and I hope he fulfils his football dreams here, but like everyone it would take  only one phonecall from a megabucks EPL payday then it is goodbye, but if that day comes we will not be sold short on the valuation placed on him by our club so win/win.

This is a good point, at least if players can come and play in a solid motivated side, to their full potential, then we can expect to get our money's worth if they do move on and not have any dead wood kicking around