Jump to content
beararse

Possible Ufa forfeit

Recommended Posts

Didn't we play Vladivostok under Souness which is almost as far East as Japan? The tie was played in Germany if I remember correctly, how on earth that's a European tie even by UEFA standards is anyone's guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

You say pedant like it's a bad thing. Small details tend to matter. Withdrawing an individuals media access doesn't have the same purpose as outright banning an entire media outlet. If McLaughlin wants to attend Ibrox he can pay his way in (like some of his colleagues do).

I was trying for flippant ( hence the :pipe: ) 

but being a good pendant you responded pedantically :pipe: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, miracle said:

Didn't we play Vladivostok under Souness which is almost as far East as Japan? The tie was played in Germany if I remember correctly, how on earth that's a European tie even by UEFA standards is anyone's guess.

How can somewhere in Russia be as Far East as Japan if Japan is a group of islands in the sea? ? do you maybe mean China?

theres bits of Kazakhstan which are bordering China to be fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, miracle said:

I've been to Russia in the past which is how I know about having to change at Frankfurt.  Really knocked it out of me by the time I was home, can't imagine playing an old firm after that trek.  The visa was no hassle though, I dropped off my passport at the Embassy in Edinburgh first thing in the morning and collected it after lunch.  

That took some doing as the Russian Embassy is in London.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JentleJames said:

How can somewhere in Russia be as Far East as Japan if Japan is an island in the Asian sea? ? do you maybe mean China?

theres bits of Kazakhstan which are bordering China to be fair.

The farthest east point of Russia is considerably further east than Japan

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I was trying for flippant ( hence the :pipe: ) 

but being a good pendant you responded pedantically :pipe: 

Don't try for flippant. You don't pull it off well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KLM Glasgow, Schiphol, Moscow. Around 5 hours flying time, plus transfer.

Good prices and good flight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, miracle said:

Yup! Proves my comment true. It is a Consulate in Edinburgh. There is also a visa application centre but no Embassy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Corky True Legend said:

Yup! Proves my comment true. It is a Consulate in Edinburgh. There is also a visa application centre but no Embassy.

Pedant loyal.  You cuddling up to BP9 as we speak?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

KLM Glasgow, Schiphol, Moscow. Around 5 hours flying time, plus transfer.

Good prices and good flight.

Lufthansa is the best airline I've flown with.  Their airline food is even edible. And all their trolley dolly's are hot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, miracle said:

Didn't we play Vladivostok under Souness which is almost as far East as Japan? The tie was played in Germany if I remember correctly, how on earth that's a European tie even by UEFA standards is anyone's guess.

No, it was played in Russia. All the Russian fans were chanting "Rangers" and applauding the team for humiliating their team. I tape recorded the game  on cassette as it was only on the radio, ( I think) 

Can't think why else I would have listened to the game on radio? And I still have that cassette somewhere in my old collections. Got highlights on TV later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Yup! Proves my comment true. It is a Consulate in Edinburgh. There is also a visa application centre but no Embassy.

I applied for my visa in 2013 and it took one week and it involved a trip to Edinburgh (not to the consulate).  The flight to Moscow i got was form Gatwick for £90 (flight from Glasgow to Gatwick was a reasonable £26) - return prices weren't much more.

Hardest and and most troublesom part of the process was the hotel coupon you need from government-backed hotels and hostels. 

Unless it has changed since 2013 which I don't believe has based on conversations i had last week with people close enough to the VFS (the Embassy outsourced visa contractor)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, miracle said:

Lufthansa is the best airline I've flown with.  Their airline food is even edible. And all their trolley dolly's are hot.

Unless the pilot decides he has had enough of life and blooters you him and everyone else into a mountain ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, barkie said:

Unless the pilot decides he has had enough of life and blooters you him and everyone else into a mountain ?

That was German Wings mate but nice try 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mchammer said:

No, it was played in Russia. All the Russian fans were chanting "Rangers" and applauding the team for humiliating their team. I tape recorded the game  on cassette as it was only on the radio, ( I think) 

Can't think why else I would have listened to the game on radio? And I still have that cassette somewhere in my old collections. Got highlights on TV later.

Archie McPherson doing the commentary by telephone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, miracle said:

That was German Wings mate but nice try 

Owned by Lufthansa flown with them loads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, miracle said:

Didn't we play Vladivostok under Souness which is almost as far East as Japan? The tie was played in Germany if I remember correctly, how on earth that's a European tie even by UEFA standards is anyone's guess.

I think you have rolled Anzhi Makhachkala, Dynamo Kyiv, Alania Vladikavkaz and CSKA Moscow all into one ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, barkie said:

Owned by Lufthansa flown with them loads.

Aye well one sparrow doesn't make a summer... ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mchammer said:

I tape recorded the game  on cassette as it was only on the radio,

Taping a radio commentary? I'm guessing you were around 9 years of age back then ?

Regardless of your age, that is dedication. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, beararse said:

Taping a radio commentary? I'm guessing you were around 9 years of age back then ?

Regardless of your age, that is dedication. 

 

I used to tape the radio all the time in those days.  It was all you could get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, miracle said:

Archie McPherson doing the commentary by telephone.

Even as a youngster I remember thinking how shite that sounded :facepalm:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The club secretary at ufa seems to have solved the visa issue problem

image.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, miracle said:

I used to tape the radio all the time in those days.  It was all you could get. 

So did i, but it was the Top 40 on a Sunday evening, the Radio One Roadshow live from Skegness etc....not Rangers v A.N.Other ?

Maybe i missed a trick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, loyal said:

The club secretary at ufa seems to have solved the visa issue problem

image.jpeg

No' sure about the one second from the back to be honest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×