Possible Ufa forfeit

beararse

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, miracle said:

Yup! Proves my comment true. It is a Consulate in Edinburgh. There is also a visa application centre but no Embassy.

Just now, Corky True Legend said:

Yup! Proves my comment true. It is a Consulate in Edinburgh. There is also a visa application centre but no Embassy.

Pedant loyal.  You cuddling up to BP9 as we speak?

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

KLM Glasgow, Schiphol, Moscow. Around 5 hours flying time, plus transfer.

Good prices and good flight.

Lufthansa is the best airline I've flown with.  Their airline food is even edible. And all their trolley dolly's are hot.

18 minutes ago, miracle said:

Didn't we play Vladivostok under Souness which is almost as far East as Japan? The tie was played in Germany if I remember correctly, how on earth that's a European tie even by UEFA standards is anyone's guess.

No, it was played in Russia. All the Russian fans were chanting "Rangers" and applauding the team for humiliating their team. I tape recorded the game  on cassette as it was only on the radio, ( I think) 

Can't think why else I would have listened to the game on radio? And I still have that cassette somewhere in my old collections. Got highlights on TV later.

8 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

I applied for my visa in 2013 and it took one week and it involved a trip to Edinburgh (not to the consulate).  The flight to Moscow i got was form Gatwick for £90 (flight from Glasgow to Gatwick was a reasonable £26) - return prices weren't much more.

Hardest and and most troublesom part of the process was the hotel coupon you need from government-backed hotels and hostels. 

Unless it has changed since 2013 which I don't believe has based on conversations i had last week with people close enough to the VFS (the Embassy outsourced visa contractor)

4 minutes ago, miracle said:

Lufthansa is the best airline I've flown with.  Their airline food is even edible. And all their trolley dolly's are hot.

Unless the pilot decides he has had enough of life and blooters you him and everyone else into a mountain ?

3 minutes ago, mchammer said:

No, it was played in Russia. All the Russian fans were chanting "Rangers" and applauding the team for humiliating their team. I tape recorded the game  on cassette as it was only on the radio, ( I think) 

Can't think why else I would have listened to the game on radio? And I still have that cassette somewhere in my old collections. Got highlights on TV later.

Archie McPherson doing the commentary by telephone.

30 minutes ago, miracle said:

Didn't we play Vladivostok under Souness which is almost as far East as Japan? The tie was played in Germany if I remember correctly, how on earth that's a European tie even by UEFA standards is anyone's guess.

I think you have rolled Anzhi Makhachkala, Dynamo Kyiv, Alania Vladikavkaz and CSKA Moscow all into one ?

9 minutes ago, mchammer said:

I tape recorded the game  on cassette as it was only on the radio,

Taping a radio commentary? I'm guessing you were around 9 years of age back then ?

Regardless of your age, that is dedication. 

1 minute ago, beararse said:

Taping a radio commentary? I'm guessing you were around 9 years of age back then ?

Regardless of your age, that is dedication. 

I used to tape the radio all the time in those days.  It was all you could get. 

6 minutes ago, miracle said:

I used to tape the radio all the time in those days.  It was all you could get. 

So did i, but it was the Top 40 on a Sunday evening, the Radio One Roadshow live from Skegness etc....not Rangers v A.N.Other ?

Maybe i missed a trick

54 minutes ago, miracle said:

I've been to Russia in the past which is how I know about having to change at Frankfurt.  Really knocked it out of me by the time I was home, can't imagine playing an old firm after that trek.  The visa was no hassle though, I dropped off my passport at the Embassy in Edinburgh first thing in the morning and collected it after lunch.  

Aye, travelling is a cunt when it's that distance, and time difference. 

I didn't really think about it before all this visa shit, but travelling could fuck us up for the of game. Hopefully we put it out of their reach on Thursday, as they don't seem like a team that have got a lot of goals in them. 

Heard an English journalist on Talksport the other day say they only seem to win, or lose, by one goal in the league last season. 

50 minutes ago, JentleJames said:

How can somewhere in Russia be as Far East as Japan if Japan is a group of islands in the sea? ? do you maybe mean China?

theres bits of Kazakhstan which are bordering China to be fair.

You need to look at a map.

1 hour ago, JentleJames said:

How can somewhere in Russia be as Far East as Japan if Japan is a group of islands in the sea? ? do you maybe mean China?

theres bits of Kazakhstan which are bordering China to be fair.

@Inigo

Archived