Possible Ufa forfeit

beararse

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From BBC Scotland website:

Rangers' next Europa League opponents FC Ufa are confident of fulfilling Thursday's first leg at Ibrox after belatedly obtaining visas to travel.

The Russian side faced difficulties in receiving documentation in time for the tie in the play-off round, with the second leg in Ufa next Thursday.

The process can take up to five days but Ufa have asked to be fast-tracked.

Managing director Shamil Gazizov now expects to obtain visas on Tuesday so they can fly to Glasgow on Wednesday.

"Normally it takes three-to-five days to get UK visas, but we're going to get them in a day," he told Russia's TASS news agency.

"I'd like to thank Uefa and the Russian Football Union for their assistance in this process."

UEFA should not have interfered. Oh sorry, they were helping a team. Something our lot didn't get from anybody in our times of

problems. From either government, FIFA ,or UEFA.

But let's go and get the job done job on Thursday.

3 hours ago, Bears r us said:

From BBC Scotland website:

Rangers' next Europa League opponents FC Ufa are confident of fulfilling Thursday's first leg at Ibrox after belatedly obtaining visas to travel.

The Russian side faced difficulties in receiving documentation in time for the tie in the play-off round, with the second leg in Ufa next Thursday.

The process can take up to five days but Ufa have asked to be fast-tracked.

Managing director Shamil Gazizov now expects to obtain visas on Tuesday so they can fly to Glasgow on Wednesday.

"Normally it takes three-to-five days to get UK visas, but we're going to get them in a day," he told Russia's TASS news agency.

"I'd like to thank Uefa and the Russian Football Union for their assistance in this process."

Surely not...after all only a fool would think UEFA would request the UK Government fast-track a visa :pipe:

2 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Surely not...after all only a fool would think UEFA would request the UK Government fast-track a visa :pipe:

I must admit I was a little unsure the last few days when you were so adamant that they would get them in time, so well done mate for calling it correctly :thumbup: 

Obviously they found a tarrier in a position of power in the British Embassy.  :pipe:

22 minutes ago, Dave Donnellan said:

That's a thought.  Have we got OUR visas sorted for the return leg? ?

We're not a shower of second or third string wannabes, so yes.

I've watched what highlights I could find and to be as fair as possible, they're not that great. Maribor were far better.

42 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

The way our defence is playing I think we will ease our way through 

I hope so, I that we need to get an early goal to build up : if it is 0-0 at HT , it could get jittery - not buying that they are a shit team at all,  I actually think they could be very awkward like the Macedonian side.

28 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I hope so, I that we need to get an early goal to build up : if it is 0-0 at HT , it could get jittery - not buying that they are a shit team at all,  I actually think they could be very awkward like the Macedonian side.

I’m not thinking they are shit either. They have got to this stage just like us but I think we can beat them based on our performances this far. We have sorted out the defence pretty well and that’s important

Archived