• Last Reply
1 hour ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

Morelos     Lafferty 

Kent                          Jack 

Arfield 

Halliday                                             Tav 

Katic      Goldson    Flan

McGregor

3-5-2 with Barasic eventually taking Hallidays spot and Coulibally slotting into the middle. 

Jack would surely sit?

Hello!

Just a casual Ufa fan passing by...

A couple of notes. First of all, our club name's Ufa. It's a city in Russia, not abbreviation. Second, it's amusing to see all your predictions like 3-0 5-1 etc, but it'll be a tough game of us all. Don't forget that Russian league is strong and superior of that of Scotland, and even 6th place finish is achievement.

We had a shaky start to the season due to the fact that our manager Sergei Semak signed with Zenit. Our new manager isn't good as previous, but it's a local talent who fell short of a career of pro footballer and has only assistant experience. Even so, it will be a match of roughly equal sides. 

We indeed rested much of the team in previous league match. But we have a very short bench, our squad depth is scarce. We played our 1st team vs Progres, but the same team played in a league match a week before and they were tired and hence not fully ready for the game.

Your friend from the land of milk and honey ?

6 minutes ago, MilkAndHoney said:

Hello!

A couple of notes. First of all, our club name's Ufa. It's a city in Russia, not abbreviation. Second, it's amusing to see all your predictions like 3-0 5-1 etc, but it'll be a tough game of us all. Don't forget that Russian league is strong and superior of that of Scotland, and even 6th place finish is achievement.

We had a shaky start to the season due to the fact that our manager Sergei Semak signed with Zenit. Our new manager isn't good as previous, but it's a local talent who fell short of a career of pro footballer and has only assistant experience. Even so, it will be a match of roughly equal sides. 

We indeed rested much of the team in previous league match. But we have a very short bench, our squad depth is scarce. We played our 1st team vs Progres, but the same team played in a league match a week before and they were tired and hence not fully ready for the game.

Who’s your best player? Because we’re going to sign him once we’ve beaten you.

2 hours ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

Morelos     Lafferty 

Arfield 

McGregor

3-5-2 with Barasic eventually taking Hallidays spot and Coulibally slotting into the middle. 

Surely we should stick to what formation has been working?

Having two reliable cbs, and a decent dm (Jack), there shouldn't be any need to go three at the back. 

Jack on the wing is insanity

11 minutes ago, MilkAndHoney said:

Hello!

You drew over two games against Domzale and beat Progres 4-3 over two legs.  I don't dispute that Russian football is better than Scotland but Ufa's results this season so far are not that great.

It will be a tough game because your team will try and defend for 90 minutes and counter attack but we'll see how it goes tomorrow.  Enjoy the experience of 50,000 at Ibrox stadium ?

18 minutes ago, MilkAndHoney said:

Hello!

We had a Maribor fan on here telling us how good they were aswell, @joze was the wee wankers name. Your team looks terrible, and nowhere near as good as Maribor or us tbh. We'll see how amused you are with the predictions after the game tommorrow.

10 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Who’s your best player? Because we’re going to sign him once we’ve beaten you.

We actually signed Domzale's best player Lovro Bizjak so you're not alone with this tactic. Also I think we'll sign someone from Progres.

But our best player's name is short and simple.

SLY

Morelos     Lafferty 

Arfield 

McGregor

from a fellow Canuck bear, with respect:

Like the idea of pairing Morelos with Lafferty. I think this is how SG will line up against them so let's start 3-5-2 now. As some have said this is the formation they believe SG wants to use. However, I would put same back three and goalie but set the mids out like this:

Kent                                                 Candeias

Arfield

Jack                                                 Tav

Then when Tav goes bombing up Jack slots in front of back three. I would like to see a 352 tomorrow night as I think this will be SG's preferred shape going forward.

Have a good day, eh? :-)

45 minutes ago, MilkAndHoney said:

Hello!

Never heard Russia described this way before ??

Morelos     Lafferty 

Arfield 

McGregor

I think we will see this formation with lafferty and morelos up front eventually.

But I don't see it happening tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Filing the above as another bored scum fan on the wind up. Similar to the "Maribor" fan, who disappeared like snow off a dyke.

I used my magical mod powers and am confident that the poster is russian

Hoping for a shock and awe tactic tomorrow night! 3-5-2 at full tilt with 50,000 bears behind them and keep at it for the first 30 minutes. If no joy, drop back and keep it tight to avoid conceding away goal but I genuinely think we could blow them away if we perform to potential and go for the kill early doors.

Just now, IpswichGer said:

Hoping for a shock and awe tactic tomorrow night! 3-5-2 at full tilt with 50,000 bears behind them and keep at it for the first 30 minutes. If no joy, drop back and keep it tight to avoid conceding away goal but I genuinely think we could blow them away if we perform to potential and go for the kill early doors.

I'm not so sure, this will be a tricky encounter - I'll be happy with a narrow 1-0 or 2-0 win and no away goals.

Just now, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I'm not so sure, this will be a tricky encounter - I'll be happy with a narrow 1-0 or 2-0 win and no away goals.

I will take any win! ?

I had the fear about Maribor and we skooshed that really. Probably getting ahead of myself but I would love to see us comfortable for the 2nd leg. A lot of pressure on our new team to achieve something not many thought was possible. That may have an impact next week.

1 minute ago, IpswichGer said:

I will take any win! ?

I had the fear about Maribor and we skooshed that really. Probably getting ahead of myself but I would love to see us comfortable for the 2nd leg. A lot of pressure on our new team to achieve something not many thought was possible. That may have an impact next week.

No fear about traveling to Russia before the OF game, the squad will be well prepared - it's better to keep playing rather than training according to footballers. Also if we do get a result over there it will give a boost to the team.

1 hour ago, MilkAndHoney said:

Hello!

Fuck up ya ride 

Archived