Welcome to Rangers Kyle Lafferty

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

McGregor wasn't, so no.

I sense more hatred towards Lafferty, McGregor was also able to start in low focus games as well which in a way meant his ability was able to shine first and foremost - I don't see it being the same deal with Lafferty.

19 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Ah the good Protestant, Christian ethic of forgivesss is on full show in this thread, for some just another chance to hate on a Rangers player. Strange place this. At least there are a good number of posters calling out the hate brigade amongst us - good on them. 

And here he is bang on cue. 

Doesn't talk about football, only controversy. 

If all the rats came out and told the truth. 

We all saw a great chance of making a right load of cash and when it came right down to it money meant more than Rangers and we weren’t going to play in the lower divisions. 

I would at least have a bit more respect for them, instead we get the cowardly I was advised badly. 

1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I sense more hatred towards Lafferty, McGregor was also able to start in low focus games as well which in a way meant his ability was able to shine first and foremost - I don't see it being the same deal with Lafferty.

Fuck, if we (the majority) can cheer for Ally, then the majority of our supporter carry no/zero vendetta.

Not that Ally jumped ship - but as a manager he was absolutely useless. So the cheering was a surprise. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

And here he is bang on cue. 

Doesn't talk about football, only controversy. 

Aye this thread is full of football chat 

I also like the concept of being ‘on cue’ after 29 pages 

13 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Do you think he will be booed by our support the first time he pulls on the blue?

I very much doubt it - but even if one or two did / wanted to, they will cheer any goal he scores! 

16 minutes ago, adam2102 said:

This thread is mad ?

Mcgregor gets welcomed back with a hint of displeasure because we all know deep down that we needed a goalkeeper.

Lafferty gets headhunted because although he left like McGregor did, Morelos happens to have started the season well. 

I await the comments telling me it’s to do with principles (it wasn’t with McGregor).

As long as he is wearing a blue jersey I will support him. You don’t have to like the person but we need to support the player. Let’s not cut off our noses to spite our face 

McGregor won't be forgiven either. The difference between the two of them though is although McGregor left at least he wasn't such a fanny that he felt the need to blame his child for it happening 

Imagine being a grown man, deciding you want to jump ship to chase money and then fucking throwing your child under a bus in the process 

Lafferty left at the time the Club had fallen into the hands of Whyte/Green. Whilst I remember the embarrassing  manner in  which Lafferty left, I also remember large sections of our fan base falling hook line and sinker for Charles Greens rhetoric, promises and his vision for Rangers. Green at one point could do no wrong, yet he proved to be devious deceitful and self serving. I am not surprised at players not wishing to be employed by such a man, as they probably had much more insight into his true personality than the fans that charmed with his Rangeritis Chat.

Lafferty left the Club as was his contractual right. Since he left we have seen the starve them out/ boycott campaigns led by our current Chairman Dave King.- but we seem happy to forget that, and Kings other antics during that period. If we are seriously to find fault with Lafferty then we must accept that King did no less to damage the Club. King is back and now so is Lafferty. If Gerrard who appears to have got nothing wrong so far, believes Lafferty is good for Rangers, then that is good enough for me. If Lafferty  is genuinely embarrassed by aspects of his departure, and genuinely wants to atone then so much the better. At least Lafferty can not be charged with being a wage thief like many of those that stayed. McCoist at the time was regarded as a hero for staying, yet he took his silver pieces in the form of an excessive salary, shares, gardening leave and his subsequent pay off.

We need to move on and focus on the future, which in on field terms is currently for the first time since Walter Smith was our Manager is beginning to look genuinely positive.

6 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Fuck, if we (the majority) can cheer for Ally, then the majority of our supporter carry no/zero vendetta.

Not that Ally jumped ship - but as a manager he was absolutely useless. So the cheering was a surprise. 

I was more surprised because of the sheer amount of money he was getting for doing such a shocking job as manager and refused to let go of the cash at a time when the club was stuggling for cash. He was even put on gardening leave for fuck sake.

As if he hadn't made enough money from us/tv/shite movies

He is well and truly filed under cunt as far as I'm concerned, he pissed all over his legend status and only has himself to blame.

1 minute ago, Beaujolais said:

Lafferty left at the time the Club had fallen into the hands of Whyte/Green. Whilst I remember the embarrassing  manner in  which Lafferty left, I also remember large sections of our fan base falling hook line and sinker for Charles Greens rhetoric, promises and his vision for Rangers. Green at one point could do no wrong, yet he proved to be devious deceitful and self serving. I am not surprised at players not wishing to be employed by such a man, as they probably had much more insight into his true personality than the fans that charmed with his Rangeritis Chat.

Lafferty left the Club as was his contractual right. Since he left we have seen the starve them out/ boycott campaigns led by our current Chairman Dave King.- but we seem happy to forget that, and Kings other antics during that period. If we are seriously to find fault with Lafferty then we must accept that King did no less to damage the Club. King is back and now so is Lafferty. If Gerard who appears to have got nothing wrong so far, believes Lafferty is good for Rangers, then that is good enough for me. If Lafferty  is genuinely embarrassed by aspects of his departure, and genuinely wants to atone then so much the better. At least Lafferty can not be charged with being a wage thief like many of those that stayed. McCoist at the time was regarded as a hero for staying, yet he took his silver pieces in the form of an excessive salary, shares, gardening leave and his subsequent pay off.

We need to move on and focus on the future, which in on field terms is currently for the first time since Walter Smith was our Manager is beginning to look genuinely positive.

Or we can hate them all

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

I was more surprised because of the sheer amount of money he was getting for doing such a shocking job as manager and refused to let go of the cash at a time when the club was stuggling for cash. He was even put on gardening leave for fuck sake.

As if he hadn't made enough money from us/tv/shite movies

He is well and truly filed under cunt as far as I'm concerned, he pissed all over his legend status and only has himself to blame.

Would you take a pay cut if your employers said they were struggling for cash and it's only fair because we've paid you a lot of money up to now? This is a job to managers and footballers and no matter how much they say they love us, they will always go where the money is, just like the rest of us. Not saying it's right or wrong, but cash is king.

11 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Wondered how long it would take someone to mention NI. 

Just like one good year at Hearts makes a career it seems, one good run with NI does as well. 

True...cause there's no relevance to the comment at all :justno:

10 hours ago, Cedrick said:

So was Greegs 2 months ago 

That opened the fucking door for the rest of them, they should never have been given the chance to play for us ever again but we are where we are and if it helps us win the league then great but what they done still sticks in the throat and is something that l won't forgive or forget.

Just now, BlueMe said:

Would you take a pay cut if your employers said they were struggling for cash and it's only fair because we've paid you a lot of money up to now? This is a job to managers and footballers and no matter how much they say they love us, they will always go where the money is, just like the rest of us. Not saying it's right or wrong, but cash is king.

my company went into administration 4 years ago and we got told we might not get paid each week, worked on for 3 months during a takeover before it finally worked out, and we are a lot worse off than lafferty. 

he didn't need to jump ship, he chased the money and he certainly didn't need to lie about being a rat and blaming it on our fans for a hostile environment.

I'll cheer every goal he scores but fuck him

4 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

that post isn't aimed at you @BlueMe btw ?

Calm down ffs :lol:

No, i understand mate and I'm not saying it's right but they don't think like fans. And if you retire in your 30s with the lifestyle they lead, then it's about making as much as you can as fast as you can i suppose.

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

Calm down ffs :lol:

No, i understand mate and I'm not saying it's right but they don't think like fans. And if you retire in your 30s with the lifestyle they lead, then it's about making as much as you can as fast as you can i suppose.

NAW ? 

no chance was he never getting paid though really, we're Rangers no hearts or some pish lol 

fucked off to get the big signing on fee n screw us, kills me man

2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

my company went into administration 4 years ago and we got told we might not get paid each week, worked on for 3 months during a takeover before it finally worked out, and we are a lot worse off than lafferty. 

he didn't need to jump ship, he chased the money and he certainly didn't need to lie about being a rat and blaming it on our fans for a hostile environment.

I'll cheer every goal he scores but fuck him

Not all about the money, there's also the aspect that as a 24 year old with ambition he probably didn't see his career taking him to the Scottish lower leagues. You and I might want to play for Rangers wherever they are playing (well, maybe not you because you're fat and have no fitness), but I understand a professional player with a short career might not. 

Just now, FSM said:

Not all about the money, there's also the aspect that as a 24 year old with ambition he probably didn't see his career taking him to the Scottish lower leagues. You and I might want to play for Rangers wherever they are playing (well, maybe not you because you're fat and have no fitness), but I understand a professional player with a short career might not. 

its the waiting a few months to get us a fee that annoys me mate not spending years in obscurity down the leagues

saying that looking at some of the comments on Wallace I don't know if that would have been worse for him :lol:

21 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

If I was a millionaire and had millions in assets, had plenty other ways to earn money and wanted to give a little bit back to the very club that made my life so good as a fan and player and while also knowing I was complete dog shit at my job?

Y E S

Sorry, but that's an idiotic argument

Archived