Welcome to Rangers Kyle Lafferty

13 minutes ago, demise said:

Its a little bit different than that. Imagine that youre in his position - you are a young father, a gambling addict, you know that you are a stupid bastard at the same time and not really good at anything outside football, then i think its an obvious choice to go after the money for yourself and your family for as long as you can play professional football. Because you have your career to rely on, and you know that when its over, youre fucked.  Just like Josh Windass will be, unless he fucks himself up earlier.

That post was about McCoist  mate

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

It really is a strange one.

Guys like Bocanegra and Goain -  players who did the morally correct thing - actually ended up costing us a fortune because they wanted their contracts paid up before they left (so in some ways you could argue that they seen an opportunity and shafted the club too) and on the other hand the players who didn’t TUPE over may, in theory at least, have denied us transfer fees, but they saved us the cost of having to pay up their contracts too (something most people want when they leave a club IIRC).

100%

But we do like a good moan and our scapegoats.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Guys like Bocanegra and Goain -  players who did the morally correct thing - actually ended up costing us a fortune because they wanted their contracts paid up before they left (so in some ways you could argue that they seen an opportunity and shafted the club too) and on the other hand the players who didn’t TUPE over may, in theory at least, have denied us transfer fees, but they saved us the cost of having to pay up their contracts too (something most people want when they leave a club IIRC).

Nothing worse than someone who brings facts to a conjecture party.

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Yes mate, correct, very strange circumstances at the time.

There is a lot more to this than meets the eye, that's for sure.

4 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

That post was about McCoist  mate

Doesn't matter who it was about really. Nobody in their right mind would turn down money they were due or work for free. How much they had been paid up until that point is irrelevant. 

57 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Aye, like Goian and Bocanegra did? 

Remind me much the club made off them?

Or rather, much the club had to fork out to pay them off?

They attempted to do the decent thing. 

The eventual outcomes don't retract from the fact Lafferty and his mates essentially told everyone Rangers no longer exist and fucked off, for a bigger signing on fee. 

The other two you mentioned were considerably older with  little sell on value.

The four rats could've stayed and then been sold. Even for a minimal transfer fee. 

But they preferred to peddle the narrative that "Rangers are dead".

You're being a bit thick about it in an attempt to justify their behaviour. They aren't "scapegoats", they are rightly being criticised for being cunts. 

9 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Doesn't matter who it was about really. Nobody in their right mind would turn down money they were due or work for free. How much they had been paid up until that point is irrelevant. 

Sorry, but you're way off base

The guy was a wank, he was a millionare and celebrity which makes him incomparable to the likes of you and me. I've already told you my opinion and what I would do in his circumstances - and I know a lot of other Rangers supporters who are of the same opinion. You will not tell me what I would do in that circumstance - I have told you what I think whether you like it or not.

McCoist is a money grabbing cunt and treated the club he "loves" like dogshit - and he had the choice not to do that.  That should be the end of it.

2 minutes ago, gsa said:

The eventual outcomes don't retract from the fact Lafferty and his mates essentially told everyone Rangers no longer exist and fucked off, for a bigger signing on fee. 

The four rats could've stayed and then been sold. Even for a minimal transfer fee. 

You're being a bit thick about it in an attempt to justify their behaviour. They aren't "scapegoats", they are rightly being criticised for being cunts. 

The decent thing my arse, they demanded and received a pay off from our financially stricken club ffs.

When did Lafferty say this? I only remember Naismith and Whittaker saying it.

Again, when did they peddle this narrative?

Ironic you are saying i am being a bit thick with that abomonation of a post:lol:

1 minute ago, gsa said:

Look the whole saga back then was cruel and unusual punishment. No one knew what the fuck was happening or even if we would have a team to follow.

Football players are generally not the smartest of people too. They stop playing and they are fucked. They were in limbo too. 

All of the authorities that matter will tell you that the original company that owned Rangers was placed into liquidation and a new company took over the club, hence why all of our achievements are officially recognised.

The company that owned Leeds United went bust. A new company took over the club. They still have all of their achievements recognised, even though a new company owns them. 

I think more and more people are realising this with the passing of time. Not that it will stop the retards who are jealous of the world's most successful club though.

5 minutes ago, gsa said:

That's right Green was a billionaire and didn't fuck us. Oh wait a minute...

Unless Lafferty stole the bread off my table, raped the mrs, butchered the wanes and the dugs and robbed the bank account, I wouldn't be overly concerned.

Laffery equalled a small wheel in a big cog and got to fuck, in what turned into another horse fucking by an owner. A lucky escape for an employee.

9 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

The decent thing my arse, they demanded and received a pay off from our financially stricken club ffs.

When did Lafferty say this? I only remember Naismith and Whittaker saying it.

Again, when did they peddle this narrative?

Ironic you are saying i am being a bit thick with that abomonation of a post:lol:

They demanded what they were due. That's fair enough. They had signed a contract. They honoured their part. We had to honour ours. 

That's different from seeing an opportunity to leave and get yourself a big signing on fee. 

And the actions of a Romanian and American, clearly two journeymen with no affiliation to Rangers, are comparable with two Ulsterman and a boy from Ayrshire who were supposedly all fans?

Utterly cringeworthy that we have so many cucks like you in our support. Embarrassing. 

Welcoming rats back like returning heroes.

5 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Sorry, but you're way off base

The guy was a wank, he was a millionare and celebrity which makes him incomparable to the likes of you and me. I've already told you my opinion and what I would do in his circumstances - and I know a lot of other Rangers supporters who are of the same opinion. You will not tell me what I would do in that circumstance - I have told you what I think whether you like it or not.

McCoist is a money grabbing cunt and treated the club he "loves" like dogshit - and he had the choice not to do that.  That should be the end of it.

Romantic pish mate. 

How much money he had is also irrelevant, being a millionaire doesn't mean be isn't allowed earn more money or keep living the lifestyle him and his family are used to. Being a fan has nothing to do with any of it either. Do you think any footballers or managers actually love clubs nowadays? All about the money.

Just now, BlueMe said:

Romantic pish mate. 

How much money he had is also irrelevant, being a millionaire doesn't mean be isn't allowed earn more money or keep living the lifestyle him and his family are used to. Being a fan has nothing to do with any of it either. Do you think any footballers or managers actually love clubs nowadays? All about the money.

Go and fuck yourself then

If you'll not let me give my point of view any respect about what I would personally do in a particular circumstance then you're clearly a moron.

Away and suck mccoists cock sweetheart

I'm not naive enough to think anyone would put a football team before their own wealth or the security of their family. 

But that doesn't mean the way the went about it was right, and it certainly doesn't mean the likes of Lafferty should be welcomed back like a prodigal son. 

2 minutes ago, gsa said:

They demanded what they were due. That's fair enough. They had signed a contract. They honoured their part. We had to honour ours. 

That's different from seeing an opportunity to leave and get yourself a big signing on fee. 

And the actions of a Romanian and American, clearly two journeymen with no affiliation to Rangers, are comparable with two Ulsterman and a boy from Ayrshire who were supposedly all fans?

Utterly cringeworthy that we have so many cucks like you in our support. Embarrassing. 

Welcoming rats back like returning heroes.

You really are a bit of a mong aint you? And you are embarrassing yourself with the welcoming them back like returning heros patter.

Refer back to my first post on the matter when i said i wasn't happy with it but what Gerrard has done so far has earned my trust in his decision, hardly welcoming him.

No answer about when Lafferty said we weren't the same club then? Thought as much, utterly cringeworthy making shite like that up to further your argument tbh.

3 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Go and fuck yourself then

If you'll not let me give my point of view any respect about what I would personally do in a particular circumstance then you're clearly a moron.

Away and suck mccoists cock sweetheart

:lol:

11 minutes ago, gsa said:

Any transfer fees received would have disappeared into the pockets of the crooks who ran the club at that time, like other mult-millions did. Don't kid yourself the club would have benefitted.

The only problem I have with any of the leavers are those who tried to kill us with their narritive of this isn't Rangers in their efforts to get better contracts elsewhere re Naismith and Whittaker, hence they will never be welcome. The others as far as I know never spouted the same crap.

isn't half a lot of backward morons on here nowadays lol,fact is we're on our way back from what has been an absolute nightmare for us,if Lafferty helps us win 55 and stopping they dug rapists from getting 10 I'll be over the moon and so will he!

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

You really are a bit of a mong aint you? And you are embarrassing yourself with the welcoming them back like returning heros patter.

Refer back to my first post on the matter when i said i wasn't happy with it but what Gerrard has done so far has earned my trust in his decision, hardly welcoming him.

No answer about when Lafferty said we weren't the same club then? Thought as much, utterly cringeworthy making shite like that up to further your argument tbh.

Being called a mong by you?!! Hahaha!!

2 minutes ago, gsa said:

Being called a mong by you?!! Hahaha!!

Tell me when Lafferty said we weren't the same club then, that will decide who the mong is:lol:

You have made a prize prick of yourself once again with that moronic comment.

3 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

The cunts no worth the infighting, he's here now and most of have made it clear how we feel so time to move on and go take our title back.

Exactly mate, as i said last night at the same time i was saying i wasn't happy with it but we have to accept the managers decision as he has earned our trust.

But when people start throwing insults around with no weight to back them up then they should be challenged.

Archived