Tops Now Available To Buy - Purchase Online Or In Store At Greaves Sports Or JD Sports

Bronzy

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, thebooler said:

Is it possible this new distributor is being used to get the strips out now, with the money being split between them, JD & SD?

?

No.

Incidentally, why are you so convinced that there's some conspiracy to be unearthed over the tops being available? I'd say it's more likely there was a development last week which allowed us to sell online without Sports Direct, and we rushed it. If Sports Direct were involved why wouldn't we just have continued using the megastore site, and why wouldn't tops be available in SD stores too? They may well end up our retail partner at the Ibrox store, but if anything this suggests that they won't have the sort of exclusivity they had previously. 

2 hours ago, Aubie92 said:

No.

Incidentally, why are you so convinced that there's some conspiracy to be unearthed over the tops being available? I'd say it's more likely there was a development last week which allowed us to sell online without Sports Direct, and we rushed it. If Sports Direct were involved why wouldn't we just have continued using the megastore site, and why wouldn't tops be available in SD stores too? They may well end up our retail partner at the Ibrox store, but if anything this suggests that they won't have the sort of exclusivity they had previously. 

Where did I mention conspiracy, or that I’m convinced there is one?

I asked a question, as it’ll be relevant moving forward, and I’d like to see SG get as much as possible in the January window.

14 minutes ago, thebooler said:

I asked a question, as it’ll be relevant moving forward, and I’d like to see SG get as much as possible in the January window.

A few days ago you were convinced King released the tops because he was in need of quick cash and was going to worry about the consequences later. It just comes across as if you're looking for the negative. 

22 minutes ago, thebooler said:

You have spouted so much nonsense in this thread man, from being ‘itk’ to when it’s released, to ‘King needing quick money’ to a conspiracy about 2 mobs selling it without us getting anything ?.

33 minutes ago, thebooler said:

Where do we stand now then as far as SD and JD go?

Not sure tbh. Probably back to court sadly. 

But the strips going on sale on Friday have nothing to do with SD. Elite Group are a partner of Hummel. 

It’s not really a surprise they were launched at 6pm on a Friday suspect they were trying to blindside SD. 

7 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

It’s not really a surprise they were launched at 6pm on a Friday suspect they were trying to blindside SD. 

I don't think we would be daft enough (no really) to try and pull a fast one like that, especially given our recent track record with SD. 

Wouldn't even work as you would still have a problem on the Monday morning.

Hopefully more details on what's going on come out soon. 

2 hours ago, Aubie92 said:

A few days ago you were convinced King released the tops because he was in need of quick cash and was going to worry about the consequences later. It just comes across as if you're looking for the negative. 

Not at all. Just suspicious as the club haven’t told us anything about our official retail partners.

It was JD Sports, then SDI were told tae match their contract, then we find neither are selling the merchandise.

Like I say, it’s important SG gets as much as possible for the team - not for the money to go on more court cases.

Its all relevant to our success.

2 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

You have spouted so much nonsense in this thread man, from being ‘itk’ to when it’s released, to ‘King needing quick money’ to a conspiracy about 2 mobs selling it without us getting anything ?.

Where did I say we wouldn’t get anything? That would be silly - Rangers selling jerseys and getting nothing. 

I did know the release date - distribution was a day late. ??

Anybody who thinks we don’t need money quick is dreaming. No merchandise sales for months. Europa League money doesn’t come in till the following year.

2 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

But the strips going on sale on Friday have nothing to do with SD. Elite Group are a partner of Hummel. 

Cheers mate. My thoughts exactly.

2 hours ago, The Wire said:

I don't think we would be daft enough (no really) to try and pull a fast one like that, especially given our recent track record with SD. 

Wouldn't even work as you would still have a problem on the Monday morning.

Hopefully more details on what's going on come out soon. 

Mind we have King in charge 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Went to cancel my order, as I’m like number 8000 and would just buy at JD today - and the gersstoreonline page isn’t live anymore.

Totally bizarre. 

I just logged in fine there mate. Still processing though ?

On 24/09/2018 at 19:18, eskbankloyal said:

I think this was the case also and the best way around the deal legally. Ashley has the  option to  match any deal compared to whoever is selling the tops but doing it this way they are basically coming straight from the factory and not even making the shops and Rangers are basically selling them exclusively.  I see this as the only reason they sold them online and could be a very good move legally as how hard is it to buy anything online straight from the club? 

As the deal stands the  kit supplier gets their share for making the strips and every other penny is going to the club, How can Ashley match the deal?  If this is the case then I don't see them being sold in the store any time soon  as Ashley will sue and the club know this. 

As it is it will probably end up back in court and the club will state that we sell them exclusively online and the terms are X,Y&Z  basically Hummel get their cut according to our contract with them and the club gets the rest.

Well that's my 2p on it, I  could be wrong and the shirts go on sale today in the shop but I honestly can't see it 

Archived