Tops Now Available To Buy - Purchase Online Or In Store At Greaves Sports Or JD Sports

8 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

That leaves a week and a bit for people to pre order the tops. 

I smell shite. 

Don't think they will have a pre order now. Reckon they will just announce they are on sale out of the blue and people will be desperate to buy

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The money from fake tops does not go to the club. 

Same as money from the lying brand gear does not go to the club. 

It’s still not depriving the club of money as there is not an official one. At least you actually see people in Rangers tops now on holiday where before there was fuck all. The fashion police on here trying to tell fans what they can and can’t buy is a fucking joke,as are our board and slo. Maybe they should get some cunt from turkey or China to run our retail side.

54 minutes ago, In walter we trust said:

On FF. Looks like JD staff have confirmed 20th for the home top , hope we get a club announcement soon 

How does that work? Does that mean sports direct wont get any? Before you could go into most sports shops and buy a Rangers top. Does this mean we can only buy a top from JD?

16 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Am i right in syaing the megastore is now back under Rangers Rangers rather than SD? if so i'd advise buying the top from there so more money goes to the club and the megastore staffs wage.

I was in the megastore recently and it was horrendous. Cheap junk and sports direct sale tags everywhere. 

Embarrassing.

27 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

How does that work? Does that mean sports direct wont get any? Before you could go into most sports shops and buy a Rangers top. Does this mean we can only buy a top from JD?

I know Scotland have a deal with JD Sports which means you can only buy their tops from JD both on website and in store.

By contrast SD have never had exclusivity with us.

31 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Some posters have been contacting various jd stores who have confirmed the date 

19 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I know Scotland have a deal with JD Sports which means you can only buy their tops from JD both on website and in store.

By contrast SD have never had exclusivity with us.

Pretty shite if that's the case. Surely it's better to sell them over various outlets rather than just one

26 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Pretty shite if that's the case. Surely it's better to sell them over various outlets rather than just one

It’s 50/50.

You pay a premium for that kind of exclusivity. It’s then down to the club to model the revenue they forego from other stores / exposure etc against whatever the extra on top of the market rate is that JD would pay.

Big thing will be to see what international distribution rights JD hold and whether it limits our ability to get shirts in places like Dick’s Sporting Goods or Rebel Sport.

Archived