*** The Official Motherwell f.c. vs Rangers f.c. Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

Just now, RDB14 said:

3-5-2 didn't work for us. We were wide open all game.  Back to the tried and tested now..

In fairness to Gerrard he was absolutely screaming at the team to push up just before the corner...

Feel gutted.  Hopefully we can get into the EL and pick up a win against celtic to get us all back up.

I feel 3-5-2 would be good for us in certain situations and games - but not a tough away fixture against them. i was surprised we went with it today.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, eejay the dj said:

We dropped points today because of sheer  bad defending 

What about the missing midfield especially in the second half, not controlling the game, giving the ball away too easily and putting the defence under pressure by their poor play.

Individual performances today were reminiscent of last seasons losers, Tavernier and Halliday and Jack, a one dimensional midfield and also Ejaria didn't do enough and incompetent C/B's, we got what we deserved today and with two big games to come, this must give the opposition a boost, the last thing we needed.

We couldn't control the midfield and Gerrard brings on a winger, it just went from bad to worse, he needs to give himself a kick up the arse as well as the players.

Second half was shockingly bad, looked like a murty/Pedro fucking display. 

We invited them on and a goal was going to be inevitable 

rookie mistakes from SG I’m afraid, he is to blame for dropping points 

he has tried this shutting up shop tactic and on 3 occasions we have lost late late goals. 

We should be sitting on 9 or at least 7 points and putting pressure on tims, but alas we are making a cunt of it like every other squad had the last few years. 

I think come this time next Sunday a lot of people’s opinions and expections will have been radically changed 

The biggest frustration is seeing thugs like sammon and bowman celebrating like they’d won the World Cup.  I hate how these extremely average players can raise their game today and lose next week. They had a striker signed from Gateshead for crying out loud. 

I know we can’t always play well but we should be beating rubbish like that 

I don't know what to make of that. The moment we made a change at the end I knew a goal was going in. What was the point? Some of our better players were having an off day -Goldson, Tav, McGregor - and at the end we defended too deep and missed out the midfield. It's a game we should have won but Motherwell - to give them credit - battled hard and never stopped. I am incredibly disappointed but would rather have these type of games now while all the other teams except Hearts who will run out of steam) are also trying to find consistency, than later when consistency is everything. Middleton didn't look like he got a kick of the ball and I think Barisic was the wrong player to withdraw. I thought Ejaria was fantastic for most of the match but I'll be looking forward to Coolibally returning, hopefully for Thursday.

1 minute ago, danger ranger said:

What about the missing midfield especially in the second half, not controlling the game, giving the ball away too easily and putting the defence under pressure by their poor play.

Individual performances today were reminiscent of last seasons losers, Tavernier and Halliday and Jack, a one dimensional midfield and also Ejaria didn't do enough and incompetent C/B's, we got what we deserved today and with two big games to come, this must give the opposition a boost, the last thing we needed.

We couldn't control the midfield and Gerrard brings on a winger, it just went from bad to worse, he needs to give himself a kick up the arse as well as the players.

Can't disagree with any of that tbh

Although good defending has been our strength and compensated for poor midfield play .Not today 

Lets be honest they are a mid table spfl team. They went for it because we encouraged them.

Had 3 strikers on ffs! 

I am really really pissed off. 

We cant afford mistakes and learning curves. 

Its win every game in thw league.  Europe is a distraction. 

1 minute ago, G.E.C. said:

For all of Gerrards experience you have to wonder what was on his mind putting a sub on for a corner. Even worse putting on someone that can’t defend.

He’s no got any experience as a manager so that’s a pile a pish 

2 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Several of his kick outs and clearances (and goal kick near end) were straight out the park towards the right. It constantly gave posession back.

I dont even know why they went out  

Think he’s always been a bit wayward like that, mate.

Got to say he looked a bit embarrassed at the first goal, too.

Bit of a wake up call for him & a few others today.

Archived