*** The Official Motherwell f.c. vs Rangers f.c. Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

Embarrassed the club. Have a word with yourself!

You have a word with yourself, we went so deep we could have drowned against a team of players signed from the conference, if Murty’s team made any of those defensive errors today the forum would be calling for him to be sacked in the morning, I don’t care who our manager is, that was disgraceful!

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

At one point Tavernier was trying to mark Conor Sammon at a corner.  Sammon is a big guy who is good with his head it was no contest between those two competing for a ball in the air.  Surely someone else should be picking up Sammon.

All the Tav fan club are always making excuses for Tavs defending 

That's always been the way for the last 3/4 years 

It is not going to change 

If we get into the Europa league group stages, then this shows we'll need a lot more depth to the squad because the same players can't keep playing Thursday and Sunday every week through the season.  There were a lot of tired legs out there.

2 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

The biggest frustration is seeing thugs like sammon and bowman celebrating like they’d won the World Cup.  I hate how these extremely average players can raise their game today and lose next week. They had a striker signed from Gateshead for crying out loud. 

I know we can’t always play well but we should be beating rubbish like that 

I'll say!

I saw hatred from those scummy bastards today and I said when Gerrard was appointed, that it would turn up an notch. Expect more of it.

As for the performance. No midfield second half. We invited them on to us and put ourselves under immense pressure..

My last point is, if you fail to correct a very obvious weakness and I'll mention no names, then expect results like this and worse.

I do hope Gerrard  doesn't persist with it too much longer. Loyalty is no replacement for losing.

22 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Getting into the EL group stages could be a mixed blessing due to the lack of depth. Don't think we can really cope with the possibility of injuries with the current squad. 

Agreed. Not sure who SG is looking to spend the Europa money on but a new right back for me. Have said for a while tav is weak link in the defence.

The substitutes made no  impact when we needed to get on the ball.The formation did not work which is hardly surprising given the lack of time to work on it and since motherwell do not play with a lone striker. We got drawn into a high ball game in the second half and could not cope with that.

The only positive for me today is that pathetic result today has brought me back down to earth big time! I even had the nerve to snigger at the tarriers in work on Friday after sudova (wtf was I thinking, I normally do my best not to look stupid in front of they cunts) but today, first time we’ve been behind an it’s to fucking Motherwell an we let that mutant score what feels like a winner ? Unless that was a lucky freak result we have Big fucking problems ahead!

16 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

People using words like disgrace 

Have a word with yourself .Were you there to watch the humpings against the scum

We were decent first half and some very poor performers second half but no disgrace ffs

We all like him but for me ..The biggest liability we have is Tav .Without a doubt 

And it was there to see today like many many other games last few years 

Brilliant play going forward but absolutely missing defending and Motherwell could see it as clear as day 

It just didn't help that our CHs were also not at their best .

About 2 mins to go we have a free kick which Tav decides to float into the box when i was screaming at the tv for him to play it short and keep possession. We were hanging on by a thread and should used that free kick and worked into corner areas. Also sub at corner kick is a bit naive.

1 minute ago, Tomatasauce said:

The only positive for me today is that pathetic result today has brought me back down to earth big time! I even had the nerve to snigger at the tarriers in work on Friday after sudova (wtf was I thinking, I normally do my best not to look stupid in front of they cunts) but today, first time we’ve been behind an it’s to fucking Motherwell an we let that mutant score the winner? Unless that was a lucky freak result we have Big fucking problems ahead!

winner!?

What was wrong with Goldson today?  Really off his game.  

They were all quite low defensively in areas.  

A little highlight was McGregor v Hartley ?

The Laff goals were decent too (tin hat on ?)  

Barisic was MOTM for me and shouldn't have been replaced.  

I wouldn't say it was embarrassing,  but definitely a lesson to be learned for SG. Hopefully we win at the scumdome and this will be forgotten about.  

1 minute ago, glasgow argyle said:

About 2 mins to go we have a free kick which Tav decides to float into the box when i was screaming at the tv for him to play it short and keep possession. We were hanging on by a thread and should used that free kick and worked into corner areas. Also sub at corner kick is a bit naive.

He has done this a zillion times mate in my eyes 

2 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

The only positive for me today is that pathetic result today has brought me back down to earth big time! I even had the nerve to snigger at the tarriers in work on Friday after sudova (wtf was I thinking, I normally do my best not to look stupid in front of they cunts) but today, first time we’ve been behind an it’s to fucking Motherwell an we let that mutant score the winner? Unless that was a lucky freak result we have Big fucking problems ahead!

@gogzy

@cushynumber

Beast alert. 

Archived