Playacting Last Night

NeoGeo7

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

The boy was booked.

Also, I reckon the reason he suddenly jumped up was the ref had been unusually quick to wave the physio on. The physio was in the process of running onto the pitch from the bye line roughly in line with the 18 yard box,  which the boy looked like he saw and jumped up so he wouldn't have to go off for the last moments. He'd have been told to go off at the post, get treated and then walk round to the half way line before being waved on. He'd have know that would gave taken longer than your average going off then waved straight on again number, so he jumped up.

Footballers do it all the time. It's the cheat's sport.

The reason he got up so quickly was the ref told him to go off the pitch to get treated as he was so close to the line, as soon as he said that up he got, as it wouldn't hold the game up as he wasn't on the pitch!

11 minutes ago, mus said:

The reason he got up so quickly was the ref told him to go off the pitch to get treated as he was so close to the line, as soon as he said that up he got, as it wouldn't hold the game up as he wasn't on the pitch!

Yeah, that's a part of my better explanation.

4 minutes ago, mus said:

Very true that's what happens when you only skim read something :duh:

I was just being wide mate. Been feeling that way lately. Think I must have aids or something. Yours is probably more succinct anyway.

There was a Russian cunt on ClydeSSB before the game.  A supposed UFA expert.  He said they only got to play in Europe because the team that won the Russian Cup forgot to apply for their UEFA License in time.  You really need to wonder what the fuck is going on over there.

Anyway, he said UFA wanted "any kind of result".  He specifically mentioned a 2-1 defeat being a good result for them as they'd have an away goal to take back to Russia.  1-0 was a good result for us last night because we kept the clean sheet.  UFA will attack us since they're at home and need a goal which suits the high counter pressing style we're currently using.  If we get a goal over there we're in to the group stages so we have every reason to feel confident.

They weren’t that good but obviously played to their very limited strengths.

When they opened up and attacked I thought they looked garbage. Next week they will need to attack. 

They have to score twice but if i am being honest they looked very unlikely to even get one.   Would expect us at the very least to score once next week. 

8 minutes ago, kanjo said:

When they opened up and attacked I thought they looked garbage. Next week they will need to attack. 

I didn't think they were up to much mate but that chance they had after we scored was far too easy for them to create and they should have punished us.

Play acting was horrendous but what was worse (as has been mentioned) was the bloody fucking foul throws. I currently need to stream the matches on 144p or maybe 240p if im lucky and i counted at least half a dozen blatantly obvious ones, that the ref never penalised them for, i saw one he did give our way just after our stonewall penalty  handball.

The ref was useless but we are used to that standard of performance, although i think Lafferty would have seen a straight red if it was in the league for violent conduct.

13 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I didn't think they were up to much mate but that chance they had after we scored was far too easy for them to create and they should have punished us.

Exactly my point though. They wont get many better chances and they shat it. 

I have zero fear about playing them next week more so as it will be an open game. 

6 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Exactly my point though. They wont get many better chances and they shat it. 

I have zero fear about playing them next week more so as it will be an open game. 

Was a great save from McGregor tbf.

Yes mate i agree, they will open up and give us space to exploit them but we will need to be a lot sharper than we were last night.

52 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

The ref was useless but we are used to that standard of performance, although i think Lafferty would have seen a straight red if it was in the league for violent conduct.

Anybody know if he's in charge of the 2nd leg or we get a better one?

3 hours ago, Malvern said:

The officials must have trained with the SFA referee's to be that inept and useless. However no Red cards for our players to be over ruled so all good for us but certainly not up to SFA standards.

No way the ref was trained here - he was actually giving us free kicks. 

7 hours ago, Inigo said:

The boy was booked.

Also, I reckon the reason he suddenly jumped up was the ref had been unusually quick to wave the physio on. The physio was in the process of running onto the pitch from the bye line roughly in line with the 18 yard box,  which the boy looked like he saw and jumped up so he wouldn't have to go off for the last moments. He'd have been told to go off at the post, get treated and then walk round to the half way line before being waved on. He'd have know that would gave taken longer than your average going off then waved straight on again number, so he jumped up.

Footballers do it all the time. It's the cheat's sport.

I am sure under the rules once the physio has stepped onto the playing surface the injured player is required to leave the field of play, even if he does not receive any treatment. He is then re-admitted to the game at the referees instruction once the game is underway. Wouldn't have made any difference but another example to the Ref being out of his depth last night. The classic one was when Middleton was clearly fouled in the box and he pulled it back to a hand ball which if it had happened had to have been at least 10 seconds earlier but he hadn't blown for it at the time. That and the lack of bookings as others have stated allowed them continue to break up the play illegally all night.  The throw ins were beyond a joke but not acted on. 

Just now, James Rolle said:

That’s why you’re a plumber ?

Plumbing is a fantastic trade, plenty of money to be made mate.

Know smart cunts who went to uni and got degrees and now work at checkouts in supermarkets and in call centres. Which, with all due respect, is not what they stuck in school for.