***** The Official Beasts v Rangers Match Thread*****

Orange and Blue

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most disappointing thing is that we didn't even try to play until we lost the goal. At times in the 2nd half we showed we could pass through them and get into good positions. However the first half was far too negative. I know we must have been tired but we gave them all too much space. What happened to the high press game we were seeing at the start of the season. They are not a great team and we can beat them.

1 minute ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Not a clear foul in my opinion, this is a distraction from the fact that we diabolical - and should have been 3or4 goals down at that stage.

Don’t think it was a foul to be honest. But you’re 100 % right. We were battered there. Once again standing off and making them look good. 

Cant stand international football but this break is desperately needed. 

Last six games against them we have scored in one, considering there defence is there to be got at that's a shocking effort, he got it all wrong today strange subs for me as well, he's got a long way to go by the looks of it, poor all round but a special mention for tav and ejaria who were woefull and how ejaria was allowed 94 mins is beyond me. 

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Why Gerrard didn’t realise that you can’t let them dictate the play I’ll never know, we just let them pass the ball around make runs  into the box at will, no attempt to break up the play.

Nail on head mate??

Maybe one day someone at Rangers will learn the only way to beat them is get in their face win the battles and the chances will come. 

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

How the fuck do you work that out?

Made a number of important blocks and clearances. Put in four or five very good crosses. Hardly any of their play was coming down our right hand side in the second half.

He was solid, it wasn't a great performance from him but it was far from a shitebag performance.

Lost count how many times brace face put him on his arse. Couple decent crosses don't make up for all the ones that ended up in row z either. To describe anyone on the pitch as "solid" today (outwith Mcgregor) is laughable as well. 

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

What about the rest of it though, we never gave them a game, expected much better, no excuses from me, they were the better team

They were. But so many people seem to forget that this is yet again a new team with a new manager after arguably a tough start to the season. Disappointing yes but by no means does it deserve the reaction some people are giving it.

10 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

We arent. We are tired.

agreed, that post was out of frustration. we didn't offer much in attack today and seemed to be in our own half for most of it, couldn't string many passes together. hope things are much different in december

4 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I bet he never paid for the ticket.

Also why should a season ticket holder miss out? 

What the fuck is this? Fan wars? 

How do you know if he has a season ticket or not? He’s been at most games including sitting a few rows away from me at one

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

How the fuck do you work that out?

Made a number of important blocks and clearances. Put in four or five very good crosses. Hardly any of their play was coming down our right hand side in the second half.

He was solid, it wasn't a great performance from him but it was far from a shitebag performance.

But this is the shite folk come up with, especially as Tav is now the new whipping boy, post the Windass era. truth be told, Katic was more of a liability today than Tav by a long shot. after Thursday, I think we said we’d be lenient on those guys today, so I’m not going to critize them. 

Why are we showing them that much respect offering up 70-80% possession to a team that’s on the decline and we’ve been on the ascendancy,

We didn’t play 

we soaked up pressure like a mourihno park the bus 1-0 was the goal 

not what I wanted from the winner Steven gerrard

3 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Tav is woeful on pass.  He's still getting caught out for this alone. They all look physically drained with no drive at all.  

Could of done with a freaky Friday episode where Novo and Morelos swapped bodies for this game.  

They know the game is won when they see this mug on the teamsheet.........

2 minutes ago, the old guard said:

Last six games against them we have scored in one, considering there defence is there to be got at that's a shocking effort, he got it all wrong today strange subs for me as well, he's got a long way to go by the looks of it, poor all round but a special mention for tav and ejaria who were woefull and how ejaria was allowed 94 mins is beyond me. 

I'm beginning to wonder what is in the loan agreement with Liverpool...he never looks like getting hooked.

Just now, IpswichGer said:

They were. But so many people seem to forget that this is yet again a new team with a new manager after arguably a tough start to the season. Disappointing yes but by no means does it deserve the reaction some people are giving it.

That's what happens and every bear should be allowed there own reaction 

It's called hurting mate 

1 minute ago, IpswichGer said:

Even a new team can fight, try and win your personal battles on the pitch. 

We did none of that. 

Archived