***** The Official Beasts v Rangers Match Thread*****

Orange and Blue

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gerrard and the team deserve time as it's essentially a new squad who have never played in this kind of game before.  But a lot of improvements required moving forward.  Look forward to what Eros will bring on the wing because Lafferty out wide is never going to end well.  Also need Coulibally back desperately because without him or even McCrorie there we don't have anyone willing to get really stuck in.  Coulibally gives composure on the ball as well.  Ejaria isn't suited to these types of games. He needs time on the ball and can't react fast enough when pressed on the ball.  Been said a million times but Tav can't defend.

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Nail on head mate??

Maybe one day someone at Rangers will learn the only way to beat them is get in their face win the battles and the chances will come. 

It's almost as if no one at the club thinks we can beat them.

1 minute ago, RosscoRFC87 said:

Why are we showing them that much respect offering up 70-80% possession to a team that’s on the decline and we’ve been on the ascendancy,

We didn’t play 

we soaked up pressure like a mourihno park the bus 1-0 was the goal 

not what I wanted from the winner Steven gerrard

Possession was 58 them 42 us by the end 

2 minutes ago, shaka said:

Gerrard and the team deserve time as it's essentially a new squad who have never played in this kind of game before.  But a lot of improvements required moving forward.  Look forward to what Eros will bring on the wing because Lafferty out wide is never going to end well.  Also need Coulibally back desperately because without him or even McCrorie there we don't have anyone willing to get really stuck in.  Coulibally gives composure on the ball as well.  Ejaria isn't suited to these types of games. He needs time on the ball and can't react fast enough when pressed on the ball.  Been said a million times but Tav can't defend.

Thank god a sensible post at last, well said mate fully agree 

Whole team looked knackered today, too many slack passes and holding the ball too long. Maybe why the gaffer decided to sit back and defend but still no excuse. Got a well earned break now, make the most of it and come back flying out the blocks and make these points back up 

I don’t see what people are getting so worked up about. That’s how you go to their place and set up, you dig in and try and nick something from a set piece.

Walter did it for over a decade. Unless we’re the better side 1-11 which you can’t say we are, you don’t go there and try and outplay them. They’ll set up the same way against us when it’s at Ibrox

7 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I'm numb.  I had high hopes for today but they were the better team and we shat it. 

My Mrs cannot watch us play them Jinty and heads to the shops I wish I had gone with her. 

We all expected much better today and I am sure on hindsight Stevie will realise he got his tactics wrong, the annoying thing is we had a couple of chances to sneek an undeserved draw near the end. 

Going for a walk to try and get rid of some of the tension that has taken over my body since 1200. 

They  were gifted three points the tactics in the 1st half  just not pushing the team up the park letting them play out as normal  the midfield is non existent but that is down to injury to coulibally when he's absent there is no backbone . Can't start playing at a goal down  too late . Candeias should have started the match  not a 4 min cameo appearance 

It's a deflating lost to take on the chin after all the positvity. 

We are still a work in progress but I was hoping for more fight and pressing them up the pitch. Instead we invited them on and struggled to control the ball. The problems that cost us vs Motherwell.

5 from 12 isn't a good start in the league. We need to recoup now and look to bounce back after the international break. 

Archived