***** The Official Beasts v Rangers Match Thread*****

Orange and Blue

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, limeburner said:

That firsthalf was unforgivable------we played like victims.

FFs.they are not very good.What were we thinking.

Not very good?  They played out of their skins today, they gave us NO time on the ball, pressed us as well as we’ve ever done this season. We tried, but they neutralized us very well. We will learn, today was not the day to expect too much. We will win at Ibrox next game against them. Trust in SG. 

7 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

But this is the shite folk come up with, especially as Tav is now the new whipping boy, post the Windass era. truth be told, Katic was more of a liability today than Tav by a long shot. after Thursday, I think we said we’d be lenient on those guys today, so I’m not going to critize them. 

You miss the part where I said I usually defend Tav? I like him as a player but he's never captain material. I'm certain he dreads these games. 

14 minutes ago, surfsup2 said:

It will give them a sense of false security they have been bricking it since SG arrived and all the signings 

I heard a few at work laughing at us down to 9 men and travelling from Russia hoping we wud be  jaded.

Well it's a learning experience now we will see if SG is our Souness hoping  this will make them stronger.

I don't want a Souness.  I want a Walter, but mostly want SG to step up into his own.  I do trust he will get there.  This is his first experience of a Rangers v Unwashed. I don't think he expected this.

You can see that the lads are done in as well.  Some of the guys were overwhelmed and it left us underwhelmed.  

2 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

I don’t see what people are getting so worked up about. That’s how you go to their place and set up, you dig in and try and nick something from a set piece.

Walter did it for over a decade. Unless we’re the better side 1-11 which you can’t say we are, you don’t go there and try and outplay them. They’ll set up the same way against us when it’s at Ibrox

We've scored in only one game in the last six against them we need to do what hearts and others have done against them and press them high at times, we just never gave ourselves a chance today. They over ran us in the middle and Tierney will rarely have an easier game. 

4 minutes ago, RosscoRFC87 said:

is it me or is HIGH PRESS not the weakness and way to beat these cunts like Hearts did?

and we sit off them and let them play, (the opposite) 

Every chance we decided it wasn't realistic given how much decent weeks have taken out of us. High press takes a lot out of you.

1 minute ago, the old guard said:

We've scored in only one game in the last six against them we need to do what hearts and others have done against them and press them high at times, we just never gave ourselves a chance today. They over ran us in the middle and Tierney will rarely have an easier game. 

Did you actually watch Hearts play them this season? They sat off celtic for about 3/4ths if the game and made it a brawl...

Just now, Inigo said:

Every chance we decided it wasn't realistic given how much decent weeks have taken out of us. High press takes a lot out of you.

They’re professional athletes mate at the end of the day it shouldn’t mean sitting off your main rivals like a bunch of shitebags

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

?? Explain ?

Well at the start of the season we pressed teams and didn’t give them time on the ball, (actually scoring from mistakes caused by our press)

Today we let them just dictate the game?

yes I understand that we had a tough game mid week, but any time I’ve seen any of celtic getting beat, it’s because teams got in their faces and had a go at them? 

We showed them far to much respect imo 

2 minutes ago, TheHammer_WATP said:

We shat it there.

Fucking bottled it.

I thought a couple of the midfielders were over-awed by the pace and intensity. I don't think Lafferty and Morelos play like a pair. We also lost too many loose balls. Our players need to get a grip of the midfield and make them work. Borisic was under-utilized because there was no real support down the left wing. That will change and Coulibally will bring more bite into midfield to allow Ejaria to make the telling passes. What we have to do after the break is hoover up all the points available and make sure 4 points is the maximum difference.

Not pressing the panic button yet,we missed Coulibaly bigtime today. Nobody was battling in the middle,we sat too deep and had it not been for Shagger and some luck,we'd have been slaughtered today.

Let's hope much will have been learned today by SG and the team,onward and upward Rangers.

10 minutes ago, The true baller said:

Why we getting carried away? The difference is at Ibrox we will have more intensity. I think this will be a close league chase but they are a better team - just

Better team?  Behave yourself.  Those words do not go hand in hand with that lot. We were very unlucky in that we were exhausted.  Majority of Rangers players personal desires were negligible today,  but to say that lot were the better team... Give yourself a shake.  

Archived