*** The Official FC UFA vs Rangers FC Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, teddybear1975 said:

Nail hit mate. Work in progress that requires the extra revenue of the Europa league has to be the priority to strengthen the team further. The old firm will take care of it's self.

The Manager has already said, if we can get to the group stages, then we can strengthen more, replacement for Murphy etc. 

I understand totally the want to beat those cunts next weekend, but we have to look at the big picture.

If we can strengthen more, it can only help us when playing them, which will be at least 5 times this season I reckon. 

57 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Not for me. 

This is a one off game to get us in the Europa group stages. Something we would only have been dreaming about a few months ago if we're serious. 

The taigs game in one of 4 in the league, where they aren't playing well anyway.

To me the Ufa game is definitely the priority. 

?

34 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Beating Ufa is worth £10million to us apparently, so it has to be the priority. It gives us money to strengthen further or pays for what we’ve done so far.

Away games at the Big Jock Nou Camp are never bankers, and to be honest we’ll do well to come away with points there. Far better sides than ours have went there to get a point

?

Both good posts gents ..... practical and realistic for the reasons you have set out.

Hope we win both though .... :p:

:UK:

the positives from the Motherwell game are 

1) if we go behind, don't panic we can score goals

2) keep focused until you hear the final whistle or you can get sucker punched

that experience should have everybody on their toes on Thursday  

I see ufa lost 2 nil at home to zenit today..did they rest their hammer throwers and the wrestlers they had out at Ibrox..??

No matter I think we can get an early goal there and progress to the group stages. Provided we get a much better set of officials..

Losing today  (certainly feels like a defeat with all the doom and gloom on here) could well be the reality check and kick up the arse that is needed.   Two draws in the next week and I will be happy.  If I had to take one win and one defeat it would be defeat on Thursday by 2-1.

1 hour ago, TEFTONG said:

I see ufa lost 2 nil at home to zenit today..did they rest their hammer throwers and the wrestlers they had out at Ibrox..??

No matter I think we can get an early goal there and progress to the group stages. Provided we get a much better set of officials..

They’ve lost three in a row, and haven’t won in five. Hopefully, their form doesn’t desert them on Thursday.

I think we'll see the side hell bent to get a result after the poor performance today. This could light a fire under the team.

I'd switch back to 4 at the back. If all fit

McGregor 

Tav Goldson Katic Flanagan

Coulibaly Ejaria Jack

Candieas Kent 

Morelos

3 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

Maybe not - 18 fouls, 5 yellows and a red. Looks like it was similar except the ref did his job this time.

30 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

One disappointing result in 13 games isn't going to knock my confidence in the side. 

What about one win out of three in the league? wish people would stop trying to dress up a fucking abysmal result and disgusting performance,does that mean I’m turning against Gerrard? of course not but he can be criticised just the same as anyone else when it’s deserved his tactics and subs 100% cost us the points and he has to learn from that.

37 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

What about one win out of three in the league? wish people would stop trying to dress up a fucking abysmal result and disgusting performance,does that mean I’m turning against Gerrard? of course not but he can be criticised just the same as anyone else when it’s deserved his tactics and subs 100% cost us the points and he has to learn from that.

There's criticism and there's over the top chucking the toys out of the pram. 

Pittodrie, Fir Park and the piggery in the first four games was always going to be tough with a new manager and a new side. 

They've played nobody decent apart from Hertz and were beaten. 

19 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

There's criticism and there's over the top chucking the toys out of the pram. 

Pittodrie, Fir Park and the piggery in the first four games was always going to be tough with a new manager and a new side. 

They've played nobody decent apart from Hertz and were beaten. 

Are Motherwell decent like? they’re fucking shite we should’ve been well prepared and known what to expect from those hammer throwers and we weren’t simple as that.

Archived