*** The Official FC UFA vs Rangers FC Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would keep Barisic at home. No point in travelling as he cant play. I would also leave Couilbally at home (even if fit?) If he is? Keep him for Septic. In an ideal world i would have left another couple at home with septic in mind. But as tie is so tight then we have no option but to travel with as many 1st picks as possible. Maybe leave Fod behind in case McGregor gets injured? On Thursday & Alnwick can step in..tempted to leave Morelos or Lafferty behind as i.m sure it will be 1 only up top. But i will defer to S.G. on this.

2 hours ago, GlasgowsBlue said:

Think Morelos could do the business against them this season in a more capable team

The one thing you can trust Morelos to do is run about like a headless chicken and not score.

It's Lafferty all day long and it won't be taking to long to see who is the player and who is not.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Difficult one.

The money is vital but in terms of games, i’d rest Morelos, Arfield, Jack, Goldson, Mcgregor for the taigs game.

The game against them has got to be the priority.

Not for me. 

This is a one off game to get us in the Europa group stages. Something we would only have been dreaming about a few months ago if we're serious. 

The taigs game in one of 4 in the league, where they aren't playing well anyway.

To me the Ufa game is definitely the priority for a few reasons. 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Difficult one.

The money is vital but in terms of games, i’d rest Morelos, Arfield, Jack, Goldson, Mcgregor for the taigs game.

Was coming in to basically say the same. That UFA team are dogshite in all honesty and theres no reason a weakened team can't see us through that game.

Also going to be honest, I worry the europa league will hinder our league chances long term and although I will be annoyed if we go out it won't be the end of the world for me

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

Not for me. 

This is a one off game to get us in the Europa group stages. Something we would only have been dreaming about a few months ago if we're serious. 

The taigs game in one of 4 in the league, where they aren't playing well anyway.

To me the Ufa game is definitely the priority. 

Can see both sides of the argument but you're also acting like the only games that win the league are the games against them. I want to be in Europe but if by the taigs game on Christmas we have dropped points to the likes of St Johnstone etc I will be furious 

1 hour ago, The Monk said:

Sounds weird saying it but this honestly feels like a season-defining week

Aye. Two poor results in two incredibly tough games and the momentum behind and optimism around us that was at it's peak only a few hours ago is through the floor going into the break. Boys need to really step up to the plate after today. 

2 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Not for me. 

To me the Ufa game is definitely the priority. 

That would be ok if we hadn’t dropped 4 points already.

If they were to beat us next week and go 4 points ahead after 4 games that would be soul destroying.

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Was coming in to basically say the same. That UFA team are dogshite in all honesty and theres no reason a weakened team can't see us through that game.

Also going to be honest, I worry the europa league will hinder our league chances long term and although I will be annoyed if we go out it won't be the end of the world for me

We have nowhere near the squad to play Thursday/ Sunday.

1 hour ago, The Monk said:

Sounds weird saying it but this honestly feels like a season-defining week

Absolutely.

If we went out on Thusday then a defeat next week then the bubble would be burst.

on the otherhand, going through and then beating them could be the making of us.

20 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Can see both sides of the argument but you're also acting like the only games that win the league are the games against them. I want to be in Europe but if by the taigs game on Christmas we have dropped points to the likes of St Johnstone etc I will be furious 

Likewise, if they beat us next weekend, that's not the only games that win the league. It's one league game in a long season, where both teams gave already dropped points. 

19 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

That would be ok if we hadn’t dropped 4 points already.

If they were to beat us next week and go 4 points ahead after 4 games that would be soul destroying.

Understand, but they've dropped points as well. 

To me getting to the group stages of the Europa is massive for us at present for all sorts of reasons. 

Even if we hadn't a game on Thursday, I'd be happy with a draw next weekend. Today was a reality check, we're very much a work in progress. People are getting ahead of themselves because we've done so well and better than expected up to now. 

Everyone can have their own view, but for me, the Ufa game is more important for a few reasons. 

6 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Likewise, if they beat us next weekend, that's not the only games that win the league. It's one league game in a long season, where both teams gave already dropped points. 

Understand, but they've dropped points as well. 

To me getting to the group stages of the Europa is massive for us at present for all sorts of reasons. 

Even if we hadn't a game on Thursday, I'd be happy with a draw next weekend. Today was a reality check, we're very much a work in progress. People are getting ahead of themselves because we've done so well up to now. 

Everyone can have their own view, but for me, the Ufa game is more important for a few reasons. 

Beating Ufa is worth £10million to us apparently, so it has to be the priority. It gives us money to strengthen further or pays for what we’ve done so far.

Away games at the Big Jock Nou Camp are never bankers, and to be honest we’ll do well to come away with points there. Far better sides than ours have went there to get a point

2 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Beating Ufa is worth £10million to us apparently, so it has to be the priority. It gives us money to strengthen further or pays for what we’ve done so far.

Away games at the Big Jock Nou Camp are never bankers, and to be honest we’ll do well to come away with points there. Far better sides than ours have went there to get a point

I'd say we'll play the taigs at least 5 times this season. We're very much a work in progress who will get better. 

The game against Ufa is a one off unprecedented game for us since we go demoted, for all sorts of reasons, and one we could only gave dreamt about a couple of months ago. 

10 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Teams led by Murty have went there twice and been really unlucky not to win.

They’re no great shakes but some of our players look out on their feet, which is understandable.

46 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Difficult one.

We can’t afford to rest that many first team players when it’s only 1-0, it’s not going to be an easy game.

Could come back to haunt us if we rest all those players, go out, then still lose on Sunday.

I’d play the strongest team possible, then we can take players off to rest them if we kill the tie.

18 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Nail hit mate. Work in progress that requires the extra revenue of the Europa league has to be the priority to strengthen the team further. The old firm will take care of it's self.

Archived