Tav - Get used to it

I've been loving it so far and we weren't far off getting all three points (probably deserved one), but games like today have to be won if we're really confident of winning the league. We really have to win these games. It's so fucking frustrating.

I doubt Goldson will have a worse game throughout the season, but he's been a rock in our defence since he came in, so that's allowed as a 'one off'. It happens.

I truly hate to slag a player off, I don't often do it, but I'll continue to shout it from the rooftops about one man in particular. Tav is INCAPABLE of defending. I've said it in here about him and said it to anyone else who will listen...he will cost us lots of goals and lots of games and seriously hinder the chance of us winning the league. I don't understand the idiots in here and elsewhere, who think he can defend. Really? Are you having a laugh? If his and his families lives depended upon it, he STILL wouldn't be able to do it.

Going forward he's terrific. I do like the guy and I love to see him going forward. He's created a lot of goals for us, BUT HIS NUMBER ONE JOB IS TO STOP THEM. As I said before, he's INCAPABLE of doing just that.

5 minutes ago, Davie Mr Magic Cooper said:

I've been loving it so far and we weren't far off getting all three points (probably deserved one), but games like today have to be won if we're really confident of winning the league. We really have to win these games. It's so fucking frustrating.

I doubt Goldson will have a worse game throughout the season, but he's been a rock in our defence since he came in, so that's allowed as a 'one off'. It happens.

I truly hate to slag a player off, I don't often do it, but I'll continue to shout it from the rooftops about one man in particular. Tav is INCAPABLE of defending. I've said it in here about him and said it to anyone else who will listen...he will cost us lots of goals and lots of games and seriously hinder the chance of us winning the league. I don't understand the idiots in here and elsewhere, who think he can defend. Really? Are you having a laugh? If his and his families lives depended upon it, he STILL wouldn't be able to do it.

Going forward he's terrific. I do like the guy and I love to see him going forward. He's created a lot of goals for us, BUT HIS NUMBER ONE JOB IS TO STOP THEM. As I said before, he's INCAPABLE of doing just that.

What we have to bear in mind is we are always going to have players that have some deficiencies. If they were top class they wouldn’t be playing for us. We will always have players who lack a yard of pace, or miss too many chances, or are suspect defensively, or are inconsistent. It’s the nature of the beast with the level we play at now.

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

What we have to bear in mind is we are always going to have players that some deficiencies. If they were top class they wouldn’t be playing for us. We will always have players who lack a yard of pace, or miss too many chances, or are suspect defensively, or are inconsistent. It’s the nature of the beast with the level we play at now.

I take your point mate but I shouldn't be scared to look at the game anytime the ball goes near him in defence. I did that today again. He scares the shit out of me when he's supposed to be defending. He's definitely the weak link in our defence.

Just now, Davie Mr Magic Cooper said:

I take your point mate but I shouldn't be scared to look at the game anytime the ball goes near him in defence. I did that today again. He scares the shit out of me when he's supposed to be defending. He's definitely the weak link in our defence.

I agree with you to be fair - I thought today in particular he was poor defensively after being steady so far this season. But that is the trade off that I was referring to - great going forward, can be a bombscare defensively. If he did both he’d be playing in the premier league but he can’t so he’s playing in the SPL. I’ve been saying for ages to play him in midfield and put Flanagan in his natural position at RB

3 minutes ago, cp9 said:

No one refuses to see or argues that Tav isnt defender. Don't know why folk get on such a high horse about it.

The difference is that he'll create more goals for the team than he'll concede. 

A FAR better option than Flanagan. 

Well he conceded two today and created one. And we dropped two points. 

1 minute ago, cp9 said:

No one refuses to see or argues that Tav isnt defender. Don't know why folk get on such a high horse on it.

The difference is that he'll create more goals for the team than he'll concede. 

A FAR better option than Flanagan. 

Flanagan is a no nonsense defender though who will do the job he's supposed to do. Tav will create a lot of goals as I said, but more in games when the opposition are weak and we are in front. We need a defender who can be resolute in the tight games. The games that win you 3 points.

I agree with you to be fair - I thought today in particular he was poor defensively after being steady so far this season. But that is the trade off that I was referring to - great going forward, can be a bombscare defensively. If he did both he’d be playing in the premier league but he can’t so he’s playing in the SPL. I’ve been saying for ages to play him in midfield and put Flanagan in his natural position at RB

This is what happened today, and both were terrible. 

Just now, theclothmonster said:

Barisic on the left looks like he'll contribute just as many assists with his delivery yet doesn't look like a complete bombscare at the back.

Because he's a proper footballer. Not a "Warbs" English lower league spice boy.  

Just now, Brackley Bluenose said:

What we have to bear in mind is we are always going to have players that some deficiencies. If they were top class they wouldn’t be playing for us. We will always have players who lack a yard of pace, or miss too many chances, or are suspect defensively, or are inconsistent. It’s the nature of the beast with the level we play at now.

Been reminding myself about this unavoidable fact a lot recently. And watching us be so complicit in a long-ball game focused on our 18-yard box, against a crap team who couldn't compete in any other way, is maybe a reminder that we have a young manager learning too.

Trying to tell myself that being so poor in multiple ways while getting a draw is some kind of progress...

1 minute ago, Hilly86 said:

Been reminding myself about this unavoidable fact a lot recently. And watching us be so complicit in a long-ball game focused on our 18-yard box, against a crap team who couldn't compete in any other way, is maybe a reminder that we have a young manager learning too.

Trying to tell myself that being so poor in multiple ways while getting a draw is some kind of progress...

If your username reflects your age you’re the same birth year as me and it’s sad because the likes of me and you were brought up being absolutely spoilt. Laudrup, Gascoigne, Gough, Van Bronckhorst, Hateley to name a few. I think some of our fans still expect us to have players of that ilk. That ship sailed a long time ago.

Why the fuck is Tav marking Hartley at the end? 

We can go on and on about his shite defending (and he’s very responsible for the McHugh goal) but why is their biggest threat being marked by someone we know is poor at defending? That’s down to the players not communicating with each other on the pitch because pretty sure he wasn’t marking him throughout the game

Plus, McGregor isn’t getting off for that 3rd goal. 

Hartley put that in from about 4 yards out. McGregor had absolutely no pressure around him and the ball wasn’t fizzed in so hard that he had no time to get to it. He should have come and cleared everyone out (but Tav should have stuck to his fucking man and got a head on it)

16 minutes ago, gsa said:

Well he conceded two today and created one. And we dropped two points. 

To put two of the goals solely at Tav's door just doesn't mirror the reality of football.

2 minutes ago, cp9 said:

To put two of the goals solely at Tav's door just doesn't mirror the reality of football.

Tbh I think from set pieces you can certainly attribute blame to individuals - everyone has an assigned task and it’s basically up to the individual player to go win his battle. Their 2nd was a shocker from Tav he literally let his man run straight off him. 

The 3rd was his fault too but as I posted above McGregor has to look at himself there too

If your username reflects your age you’re the same birth year as me and it’s sad because the likes of me and you were brought up being absolutely spoilt. Laudrup, Gascoigne, Gough, Van Bronckhorst, Hateley to name a few. I think some of our fans still expect us to have players of that ilk. That ship sailed a long time ago.

Indeed. I'm guilty of it too - if Morelos could run with the ball, Candeias could beat a man, Tavernier could jump, etc... A lack of realism, but sometimes just a desperation to see us back to wiping the floor with shit like Motherwell, revenge for all the mouthiness and free hits of the past years.

Two wins to come and I'll have the healthiest perspective in the world about today! ?

10 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Plus, McGregor isn’t getting off for that 3rd goal. 

Hartley put that in from about 4 yards out. McGregor had absolutely no pressure around him and the ball wasn’t fizzed in so hard that he had no time to get to it. He should have come and cleared everyone out (but Tav should have stuck to his fucking man and got a head on it)

Foderingham gets fucking slaughtered to fuck for that if he's in goals btw