McGregor

thehost

21 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Lot’s of people slated Fod for a similar effort v Dembele.

Thought they were pretty identical circumstances, really.

Not sure why he’d waded out as far as he did.

Because Goldson should have dealt with it but he didn’t he slipped, don’t think anyone expected that least of all Mcgregor 

1 hour ago, thehost said:

his shot stopping has been excellent however he leaves balls  the 6 yard box that he should be coming and taking and his distribution is absolutely woeful. This was really highlighted when you looked at Fod's recent game against today. At some point his awful distribution is going to really hamper the team. I think he still thinks he's playing for Smith and blootering the 70 yard left wing ball to mcculloch :megaanguish:

There is no way he could come for that today

Counted at least 6/8 players standing in front of him and Fods distribution is better ? You must be having a laugh with that one

Why is it when we lose a game . We find faults in players when  they wouldn't even be noticed any other time .

The guy is simply a massive part of why we are being successful

Get Tav out and we might find , there's not so much crosses to defend

23 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Counted at least 6/8 players standing in front of him and Fods distribution is better ? You must be having a laugh with that one

Why is it when we lose a game . We find faults in players when  they wouldn't even be noticed any other time .

I think it’s mainly a bit of shock that what has looked a pretty good unit so far got exposed for the first time, mate.

Ahead of two pretty crucial matches.

It’s not like we have a game v Livi or the like at home to get back in the groove.

Not sure many of us thought we’d be going into Saturday’s game behind them.

Just now, HG5 said:

I think it’s mainly a bit of shock that what has looked a pretty good unit so far got exposed for the first time, mate.

Ahead of two pretty crucial matches.

It’s not like we have a game v Livi or the like at home to get back in the groove.

Not sure many of us thought we’d be going into Saturday’s game behind them.

True but I don't even attach any blame to Geegs

Sometimes you just have to say the opposition played to their strengths

They definitely went for our glaringly obvious weakness in second half

I think McGregor being the winner he is  will make any faults up to us in spades

35 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

True but I don't even attach any blame to Geegs

Sometimes you just have to say the opposition played to their strengths

They definitely went for our glaringly obvious weakness in second half

I think McGregor being the winner he is  will make any faults up to us in spades

They sure did, mate!

And you can bet that lot will have been paying attention!

Hope the lessons are learned & acted on sharpish!

And that this was just a blip!

I’m sure he will put it right!?

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

I’ve never said anything about fod being a better keeper I was talking about his distribution being much better as McGregor  is dire. Since the start of the season mcgregor has continuously slowed play down then blootered the ball.

this has absolutely nothing to do with anything other than distribution and the negative effect, that trait, has on the team

1 minute ago, thehost said:

I’ve never said anything about fod being a better keeper I was talking about his distribution being much better as McGregor  is dire. Since the start of the season mcgregor has continuously slowed play down then blootered the ball.

this has absolutely nothing to do with anything other than distribution and the negative effect, that trait, has on the team

I just do not see what you are seeing . Geegs makes save after save . He surely can be allowed some flaw if its a small one

Although I don't see what you are seeing . His distribution has been pretty ok for me

I guess when we lose or in this case draw .The scattergun comes out and we are all looking for people to blame

McGregor fills me with confidence , even when the ball is at his feet . Unlike bombscare and loser Fod

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I just do not see what you are seeing . Geegs makes save after save . He surely can be allowed some flaw if its a small one

Although I don't see what you are seeing . His distribution has been pretty ok for me

I guess when we lose or in this case draw .The scattergun comes out and we are all looking for people to blame

McGregor fills me with confidence , even when the ball is at his feet . Unlike bombscare and loser Fod

If Foderingham had been in goal for these first 3 league games I doubt we would even have the 5 points. 

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Fod shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath.

The pitch was shocking and some of the passbacks were horrendous, but he still cleared his lines.

Fod is a spineless incompetent amateur by comparison.

Fucking shocking post.

This 100%. Fucking usual scattergun, impulsive shite from people looking to attribute blame left, right and centre. I doubt they were moaning when McGregor saved us against Maribor etc. 

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Unluck with his and Goldson's slip imo mate.

Goldsons slip set the tone for his miserable afternoon, I'm not sure Mcgregors slip had any real affect on the lads finish as he seemed to lob it away to the side, if big Goldson doesn't slip then he would most likely have had his usual steady game.

11 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

This 100%. Fucking usual scattergun, impulsive shite from people looking to attribute blame left, right and centre. I doubt they were moaning when McGregor saved us against Maribor etc. 

It amazes me that folk have such an inability to digest written comment.

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Fucking ouch!

We have one thread nit picking over elements of our best and most experienced  player at the highest level and a proven winner, plus none of his actions were attributable to the goals today and another thread glorifying the player who is the biggest weakness in the team and from whom two goals against us were directly attributable to his fuck ups.

Can't beat a good narrative even if it's flawed.

I love this place.