Some perspective...

BillySastard

Fwiw my perspective.....

Goldson mistake, he and we never really recovered from. I'll forgive him today, he's been a collosus. Got back in it but fucked up again. Don't put weak, smaller guys on aggressive CHs. Got back in it. Fucking well done Kyle Lafferty. 

Best 45 mins of the season for me, then capitulated. Everything we'd done well we stopped doing. Played into their hands.

Our manager made a hash of the tactics and subs 2nd half when we were clearly falling out of it and on the decline. We fucked it basically.

We'll likely not win the league but I hope to fuck it's because other teams deserve it than because we self destruct.

4 minutes ago, Callum_Doon said:

Without those two last minute goals in away games so far... think about where we would be in the league...

It's a 'reality check'... can't keep losing goals which are criminal defensively.

Gerrard, above all, will surely address this.

Incidentally, are we still unbeaten...?

Indeed - I think there’s quite a lot of realism knocking around.

However, we can’t forget that a game lasts 90 minutes (or a bit more) & goals scored then hurt more when they snatch a draw from the jaws of victory.

Decent teams score those - not concede them.

And the team who HAVE been beaten sit above us in the league, so I’m not quite sure what your point is on that?

6 hours ago, BillySastard said:

The last time we won the league, we had some very disappointing results. 

We drew with Inverness both home and away. 

Drew with the tarriers once and lost to them twice. Also lost to them in the Scottish Cup.

Lost to both Hibs and Hearts.

And lost to Dundee Utd. 

We still brought 54 home.

We are currently undefeated and have one foot in the Europa League.

Today was highly frustrating, but we got a point and I for one won't be losing the plot at this stage. 

I won't be losing the plot either points can be picked up along the way. I don't expect the team to be able focus on both the league and Europa at this point as the squad needs to be strengthened. 

To me the teams energy needs to be spent on qualifying in the Europa League, as the money from that can be used to strengthen the team come January. Once that is done, the team can focus on closing the points gap. We are still a work in progress so to me a win or a draw is acceptable at this point as we haven't strengthened the squad as a whole. I have faith that under SG the team will deliver some silverware this season and the rewards that go with it. 

3 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I won't be losing the plot either points can be picked up along the way. I don't expect the team to be able focus on both the league and Europa at this point as the squad needs to be strengthened. 

To me the teams energy needs to be spent on qualifying in the Europa League, as the money from that can be used to strengthen the team come January. Once that is done, the team can focus on closing the points gap. We are still a work in progress so to me a win or a draw is acceptable at this point as we haven't yet strengthened the squad as a whole. I have faith that under SG the team will deliver some silverware this season and the rewards that go with it. 

He has brought in 12 players and talk of more, in what way hasn't he strengthened, he went with a defensive midfield from last year today and it showed, one dimensional and a lousy r/b who he made captain!.

To rely on qualifying for Europe to get money is a lottery win, the league is the most important trophy and we are struggling to play against an depleted and unstrengthened side who totally overran us in the second half, a bit of blind faith?.

29 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Indeed - I think there’s quite a lot of realism knocking around.

However, we can’t forget that a game lasts 90 minutes (or a bit more) & goals scored then hurt more when they snatch a draw from the jaws of victory.

Decent teams score those - not concede them.

And the team who HAVE been beaten sit above us in the league, so I’m not quite sure what your point is on that?

Guess the point is, conceding goals which... drop what might be crucial points come end of the season has to stop and right now.

Suspect we might be in total agreement here.

11 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

When you see the way some posters go to pieces in here after a disappointing away draw, you wonder what a fucking mess their personal lives must be. 

When you see how a much hyped team go to pieces against a underwhelming team, makes you wonder what a fucking mess their professional lives must be.

22 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

He has brought in 12 players and talk of more, in what way hasn't he strengthened, he went with a defensive midfield from last year today and it showed, one dimensional and a lousy r/b who he made captain!.

To rely on qualifying for Europe to get money is a lottery win, the league is the most important trophy and we are struggling to play against an depleted and unstrengthened side who totally overran us in the second half, a bit of blind faith?.

He's strengthened the team but not the squad. Once the squad is strengthened it will give us more options for resting players and for injuries. I agree all trophies are important and especially the league trophy but we are still a work in progress and qualifying for Europa will give us the money to strengthen. It was disappointing today but am not going to lose the plot over it.

27 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

He's strengthened the team but not the squad. Once the squad is strengthened it will give us more options for resting players and for injuries. I agree all trophies are important and especially the league trophy but we are still a work in progress and qualifying for Europa will give us the money to strengthen. It was disappointing today but am not going to lose the plot over it.

It'd been depressing...vomit inducing beatings...

Maybe some of us just might be optimistic enough see what we finally perceive as, 'a light at the end of the tunnel' and an end to the darkness.

It's not quite in reach yet though and there's bound to be a few stumbles along the way.

Might be a delusion... at least I now genuinely have hope.

First time in a long time...

35 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Don’t really understand your point? 

I would happily accept a 2-1 defeat, it’s a one off game & the only thing that matters is going through! 

No worries mate, just a wee thought on your comment, 'it’s meaningless if you’re not winning games!'

Aye, in Europe, it's a completely different scenario.

That's what I was thinking!

2 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

When you see the way some posters go to pieces in here after a disappointing away draw, you wonder what a fucking mess their personal lives must be. 

Couldn't possibly comment on that, no matter how humerus!!!

Anyway, another gripe... how did we miss out on those transfer deadline signings...Laudrup, Albertz, Gascoigne, Hurlock... 

..and that upcoming wee prospect...

...what's his name again...

Cooper, or something like that?

Obviously, we do not have such spending power nowadays and surely that has to be kept in perspective.

I am realy disappointed with the way we played in especially the second half and can't understand why we stopped playing football against them the way we did in the first half but it's gone now. we have a huge game on Thursday And we need to learn to stay focussed for however long the game lasts. Hopefully the players will have learned from today and we go out on Thursday and qualify for the group stages. Let us take one game at a time and everyone remember this team is a work in progress we will only get better. 

11 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

I am realy disappointed with the way we played in especially the second half and can't understand why we stopped playing football against them the way we did in the first half but it's gone now. we have a huge game on Thursday And we need to learn to stay focussed for however long the game lasts. Hopefully the players will have learned from today and we go out on Thursday and qualify for the group stages. Let us take one game at a time and everyone remember this team is a work in progress we will only get better. 

This is gonna be some test for our inexperienced manager. Another thing which might have gone 'under the radar' a wee bit...?

He was always employed on the basis that as a rookie manager he would be 'learning his trade' here.

Perhaps that essential to also keep in mind?

9 hours ago, bluebell82 said:

Its obvious we're still a work in progress...Gerrard, or any other manager, cannot resolve our deficiencies in a couple of months - we are moving in the right direction overall though and thats the main thing!

Well how not, defence is clearly our deficiency yet he gave tav the captains armband, the worst defender of all the first team defenders

2 hours ago, Callum_Doon said:

No worries mate, just a wee thought on your comment, 'it’s meaningless if you’re not winning games!'

Aye, in Europe, it's a completely different scenario.

That's what I was thinking!

“It” being the concept of being “unbeaten” that so many keep shouting about! 

There’s no point in bragging about being unbeaten if you’re only drawing games! As I say, you could be unbeaten and still have dropped 20 points over 10 games.

3 hours ago, Callum_Doon said:

This is gonna be some test for our inexperienced manager. Another thing which might have gone 'under the radar' a wee bit...?

He was always employed on the basis that as a rookie manager he would be 'learning his trade' here.

Was he?

Who said he could learn his trade here as quoted?

7 hours ago, Callum_Doon said:

Guess the point is, conceding goals which... drop what might be crucial points come end of the season has to stop and right now.

Suspect we might be in total agreement here.

Yup!?

5 hours ago, Callum_Doon said:

Definetly mate but I have every confidence in the manager yesterday was just a bad day at the office we all have them.