Some perspective...

BillySastard

31 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Definetly mate but I have every confidence in the manager yesterday was just a bad day at the office we all have them.

I agree it was a bad day at the office. Gerrard made mistakes yesterday and there will be more ups and downs as the season goes on.

However I have every confidence he'll learn quickly and rectify the problems.

Hopefully we'll see the squad hell bent to push on and get the results needed this week. 

Someone has likely said something similar but now taken the time to reflect on yesterday.

You can’t escape the fact it was far from good enough, but I feel this result was possibly a good thing, hopefully stoking the fire and giving the players a small kick up the arse just to remind them standards can not slip while you are a player at this football club.

Heading into arguably one of the most important weeks we will have this season I’d like to believe that result will incentivise the players to raise the bar in training this week going into Thursday and Sunday with full battle fever on!

Going to be a massive week bears and we really need a big positive vibe going! Drop the in fighting over certain subjects just for the week and get fully behind the famous! 

NS ??

36 minutes ago, Callum_Doon said:

It's not a quote (which would have " quotation marks), I was simply denoting a well known expression.

“We ultimately appointed a man whose football pedigree, knowledge, character and winning mentality is unquestioned and we will back him while he gains management experience. A winner is a winner.”

It is accepted he will gain management experience here but he has to deliver based on the other qualities he brings otherwise he won't be around long enough to gain that experience.

13 hours ago, Callum_Doon said:

It'd been depressing...vomit inducing beatings...

Maybe some of us just might be optimistic enough see what we finally perceive as, 'a light at the end of the tunnel' and an end to the darkness.

It's not quite in reach yet though and there's bound to be a few stumbles along the way.

Might be a delusion... at least I now genuinely have hope.

First time in a long time...

:tu:

I think King is going to have to do what Reid and his staff did and make a dossier on the refs decisions. I'm glad SG spoke out about it and he's correct that it's been going on for seasons. I hope that SG factors in the 12th man when doing his pre-match preparations.