Club 1872 Statement

eskbankloyal

38 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

My letter to the rat:

On the morning of July 2, 1937, 30 coal miners lost their lives in one of England’s most tragic mining accidents at the Holditch Colliery in North Staffordshire, England.

A number of fires and explosions below ground accounted for the lives of the men who had returned into the mine in an effort to rescue their colleagues who had been attempting to extinguish fires that were burning at the coal seam.

News of this tragic event reached Scotland, hardly strangers themselves to mining disasters, and, in an act of solidarity, Scottish football League Champions Rangers FC travelled to the Victoria Ground to play Stoke City in a benefit match for the victims of the disaster. While the match ended goalless, it raised a much needed £2,000 for the relief fund and families of the lost miners. For their efforts, Rangers FC were presented with a limited edition Loving Cup from Stoke City President, Sir Francis Joseph, one of only 30 that had been made to celebrate the silver Jubilee of King George V. Identical Loving Cups were presented to the 22 English First Division clubs of the time, with the others going to the British Museum and various organisations. Sir Francis Joseph had only request, that the vessel should be used in perpetuity to drink to the health of the reigning monarch prior to the club’s first home match of every year. And so it is to this day, the New Year toast is celebrated in the Blue Room at Ibrox by the assembled directors and guests of Rangers FC and the visiting team at the first home game of the year.

It is then with some surprise, and a not inconsiderable level of disgust, that I find you, Deputy Leader of Glasgow City Council, openly mocking the tradition, the ceremony and its significance on social media platform Twitter comparing it to an episode of Only an Excuse. Scotland has seen more than its fair share of mining disasters over the years since coal mining first began and there are many accounts of the horrible conditions these men worked in and the horrible deaths they suffered and the loss and suffering experienced by the families they left behind. Yet, you see fit to mock that ceremony. Could it be that your judgement is perhaps being clouded by your contempt for coal miners?

Further observations on your Twitter account would suggest an association with a certain Mr Phil Macgiollabhain . Mr Macgiollabhain, (not his real name) was once a staff journalist with An Phoblacht, a newspaper published by the IRA and author of the contemptible anti-Rangers FC blog entitled “The Incubator”. Could it be that he despises coal miners as much as you?

Mr McDonald, you and I both know that you and Mr Macgiollabhain probably don’t dislike coal miners but what we both know, and is very apparent from your Twitter account, which after your numerous vile sectarian tweets were exposed you hastily set about protecting and deleting your previous posts, is that you do share an apparent and delusional hatred of all things associated with Rangers FC and from your many Tweets, an unhealthy adoration of celtic FC. So much so that you used you abused your position at Glasgow City Council to influence your colleagues at Glasgow Life, to circumvent due process and to overturn the decision to allow a “Fan Zone” to be established at Ibrox. Perhaps you might advise me of any other entertainment licenses you have used your position to have revoked. Strange how so called “Fan Zones” would only enhance the supporters experience if they were established at Hampden and in the East of the City

I believe your behaviour is unbecoming of an individual within an organisation of Glasgow City Councils magnitude. You have been elected and installed in the exalted position of Deputy Leader of the Council that you may represent all of your constituents not just the ones who share your apparent love of a particular football team and your political party.

I look forward to your response. 

Execllent piece, not that it will do much good, but it does need said. Get this in the public domain too.

That rat bastard is everything that is wrong with this country

We, the majority need to have a voice once again and all those treacherous malcontent bastards need to be shown fot what they are and silenced for evermore.

1 hour ago, Falcoholic said:

an unhealthy adoration of celtic FC.

Excellent letter mate but i would have left that out if it was me.

He is welcome to adore the club he supports as much as he wants, it's the hatred of us that is the issue.

Still though, well done.