Bears in with the home end on Sunday

KingKirk

3 minutes ago, BEE said:

I was at the 4-2 game years ago, Nakamura scored a consolation near the end and they all went balistic - I thoroughly enjoyed the day.

I’d rather enjoy a game and be able to freely celebrate my team scoring and winning. I’d also rather shout at my telly calling Scott Brown a cunt than sit there in silence. 

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Me, my dad and brother ended up in the Zenit end as well and I can honestly admit I had the fear. Dad had a quite word with the steward and he got us through to the Rangers end. 

Im sure though there was some cunt behind us with a broad Glaswegian accent quietly cheering on Zenit, don't think he made it out without a few slaps to his coupon. 

I actually felt OK for the first 70 minutes of the game as they were very confident they were going to win and therefore it was all a big joke to them. It was actually a bunch of Zenit fans that got me past security when I was challenged if I was a Bear. They started talking to me in Russian and I just nodded etc. as if I was understanding them. Have too say had we scored it could have been completely different. I was actually there on hospitality with a meal in a local hotel with Alex Ferguson as guest speaker but the guy who had bought the packages that I was lucky enough to get one of had been stitched up and we didn't realise we were in the Zenit section until we got to the ground. 

9 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I’d rather enjoy a game and be able to freely celebrate my team scoring and winning. I’d also rather shout at my telly calling Scott Brown a cunt than sit there in silence. 

I was less bitter then, don’t reckon I could do it anymore. Fuck sake I did it at Hibs hospitality a few seasons ago and got chased down the stairs for clapping Ian Black on then calling them diet tims :lol:

Just now, BEE said:

I was less bitter then, don’t reckon I could do it anymore. Fuck sake I did it at Hibs hospitality a few seasons ago and got chased down the stairs for clapping Ian Black on then calling them diet tims :lol:

I’d have chased you down the stairs for clapping Ian Black ?

You hear stories of this happening a lot back in the day when we started to take more control over ticketing and less tv coverage. 

I could never imagine doing it now but also couldn’t imagine not being able to see the game if it wasn’t the televised like nowadays. 

Done it in 1980s. Bought ticket for the main stand when we used to get a part of it. Went to seat and was behind dugout. Sat for 5 mins , they scored in 2 place went mental. I was sat down and started getting abuse. Got up and wandered along to area where our fans were and managed to blag my way in to be with bears instead of the sub humans 

18 hours ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

Rangers/celtic select v Scotland!

in same theme was around age 16 around 1975ish. Select game v Scotland. Can’t remember why it was on. Both sets of fans in Rangers end. Was their a fence down the middle back then.  

My only memory was getting thrown out for standing on pals shoulders shouting some inappropriate abuse at them. 

My pal thought I’d been arrested and was worried bout telling my mum. However managed to skip back in!

Anyone else remember this?

1971. Was a fund raiser for the Ibrox disaster.

Quite a few guest players on both sides. I remember among others Bobby Charlton and George Best. Good quiz question re Best playing for Rangers celtic and Scotland on the same night as he played a half with each team.

Surely people doing this are only doing so for their own benefit or to say they ha entire missed a game 

You go to games to support the team and cheer them on, if you are sitting in the Tim's end then you aren't going to be cheering on your team.

It must be impossible to sit in amongst taigs and not celebrate a goal by us. 

Anyone would atleast have a good fist pump and wry smile.. it’s truly sickening when they score against us and how could you hide that while they’ll be going mental?

if it was to turn out like Villarreal away then I get it but chances are the bears would be dotted about waiting for a hammering

My Dad used to tell the tale many years ago of when he was home on shore leave at New Year & he and & one of my uncles got tickets for the home end at Parkhead.

They didn't wear colours of course but opted for turning their collars round.

Rangers won & fortunately they didn't score & he said they had to suppress their joy & settle for clapping & rubbing their hands in their pockets against their sides when we scored.

Their fans walked past them near the end, nodding grimly saying 'It's a sad day Father'  ?

I've no idea if that was true but my Dad told the story several times & he and my uncles used to roar with laughter.

Myself, I've only been in the away end at Tynecastle which was horrible especially as we lost.

Away end in Enschede against Twente & at Ajax weren't so bad although I tried climbing over the railings v Twente & got my jeans stuck on a railings spike perilously close to the groin.

This was spotted by most of the home fans who jeered & whistled until one of their fans came to my rescue.  ?