Proud of my team.

14 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Think too many are tying themselves into the idea of the UFA game making today impossible 

It was always going to make the game that bit tougher of course but we all know the tarriers have demonstrated the last year or so they aren't as good as the hype would have you believe, it can't excuse it looking like we were leagues apart in the first half, when we were forced to press for an equaliser we saw their vulnerabilities but the damage had been done 

Agree with most of this but as much as I loathe them, I grudgingly admit they are a talented team and it is vital that we show up from the start if we want to earn points against them.

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

In which way have they demonstrated that? By winning another treble? Or are you referring to Europe where they got put out by AEK, a team far better than us? 

It’s a bullshit myth propagated by those with blue tinted glasses. They are a good team. The best in Scotland. They have a good manager. The best in Scotland. They have a good squad. The best in Scotland. 

We need to be absolutely 100% on it to beat them, especially in their own dump. 2 days after playing in Russia with 9 men probably meant we were more around 70% today.

They had the unbeaten season but they've shown themselves to be much more vulnerable with dropping points since then and that's without having any real pressure of a challenge

It'll always be tough it was tough even in our dominant years that the nature of the rivalry, but it shouldn't be as impossible as it feels like it has been these last years 

Any cunt that thinks thats acceptable is a fucking crackpot. That was fucking gutless and unacceptable, thats twice his tactics have fucked us. Everyone saying we'll beat them at ibrox what evidence is there to suggest we'll beat them? If we put in that level of performance at ibrox we'll get beat again. 

2 minutes ago, delparlane said:

Agree with most of this but as much as I loathe them, I grudgingly admit they are a talented team and it is vital that we show up from the start if we want to earn points against them.

I'm not suggesting it can ever be easy against them but I can't accept the idea that it should be the impossible task yet it's felt that way and going by today still feels that way 

Of all the threads to pass my comments on I've chosen this one as I fundamentally disagree. I most definitely am not proud of the team today. This is exactly the type of performance I had hoped we had put behind us last season. Put simply if we are to offer any kind of resistance to these fuckers we have to carry the game to them. Everything I was looking for in a offensive sense was missing today and I'm really really disappointed in that. 

18 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

In which way have they demonstrated that? By winning another treble? Or are you referring to Europe where they got put out by AEK, a team far better than us? 

It’s a bullshit myth propagated by those with blue tinted glasses. They are a good team. The best in Scotland. They have a good manager. The best in Scotland. They have a good squad. The best in Scotland. 

We need to be absolutely 100% on it to beat them, especially in their own dump. 2 days after playing in Russia with 9 men probably meant we were more around 70% today.

Not many like to say it but your correct mate that’s the simple facts of it all.

We either spend more on quality or we dig deep and be tactically better and fight like bastards against them.

Only player in our squad who could get into there’s is McGregor the rest is debatable at best.

edit - meant first team not squad

Just now, the old guard said:

Always proud of the team, but can be disappointed with them at the same time, firmly expect to win our next five games and get a few players in/back, then see how we stand, it's a long season and started well but consistency now is key imo. 

Proud on Thursday not proud today 

Don't see anything wrong with looking at it that way 

Don't get me wrong ! I hated that result today, but I saw it coming- I wished for more, but as usual, they beat us.

We will get stronger and we will beat them- it was just their day.

I have faith in Gerrard and the team he is building, he took us into Europe and we have this to look forward to - but I wish we had brought in another striker, as I do not believe  Morelos & Lafferty will get the job done.

Hopefully they will prove me wrong.

1 hour ago, dougal72 said:

Agreed , think Russia did take a lot out of the players. Ejaria and Kent especially looked jaded. My main worry is the last minute goal thing is becoming a habit. We can't do it and expect to challenge.

Hasn't happened in the last 2 games ...

10 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

We’ve made the league stage in Euro's which is superb.  But the day I’m proud of having 5 points from 4 games in this backwater league and after a bend over performance against the filth is the day I chuck it.

Spot on.

for all the progress made our league form has been shocking and that performance today was every bit as feeble as previous efforts in the past few years.

3 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

That will do me for the day , when you have fans on saying they are proud of that today , time to get off here...............

Do not get me wrong...I am not proud of what they did today, but neither am I going to throw my toys out the pram after a shite performance.

Particularly after the 3rd away match in a tough week!

3 hours ago, GRFC96 said:

Any cunt that thinks thats acceptable is a fucking crackpot. That was fucking gutless and unacceptable, thats twice his tactics have fucked us. Everyone saying we'll beat them at ibrox what evidence is there to suggest we'll beat them? If we put in that level of performance at ibrox we'll get beat again. 

They have never played at Ibrox with a handful of their fans in a huge crowd, That today was a first for us. Let us see how they cope when it happens. 
Today was pish I am in no way disputing that, but I am still proud of the way the team has performed up until this particular match, and I am sure SG will raise their spirits. 

We always over-react to any result against them.

That is just how it is, I am being pragmatic.

The results in the league are not something to be proud of to be honest. Struggled to contain Motherwell who are shite, dominated by them today, the Europa League results have given us pride back but the start of the new league season is a fucken huge disapointment. Been a tough start with tbe fixtures but still a disapointing position we find ourselves in after 4 games. Need a good run of wins against some of the dross we are about to come up against. 

I'm proud of the way we have changed so dramatically in both the manager and team front in so short a time. I'm proud of the way we have bucked the odds and got a great away result with 9 men. I'm proud of the way we have got ourselves into the group stages of the Europa league and remained unbeaten till now.

But there's nothing to be proud of re that performance today.